I've been trying to get to MSN for about 45 minutes now with no success. Can anyone else get to them. I'm showing traffic still coming from them so it could just be a Routing problem. Thanks

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Working fine for me...

Thanks Radegast Must be on my side

Coincidence Me baby!

Down for me as well.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

Still working here, was a bit slow opening though

Maybe they're no longer running Linux.

Bryan Simonson
    bryan@smoothcorp.com
    SmoothCorp Affiliates
    iFLOOR.com/3%/sale/avg.sale=$800
    RugArea.com/12-14%/avg.sale=$400
    CornerHardware.com/6%/avg.sale=$80

ABW Ambassador
    Of course they are down. An affiliate site of mine was mentioned on MSN Friday night in an article, so after a weekend and holiday of thousands of visitors coming, on the big payoff day - a work day. It has to be down.

Blame me.

Chet

Actually, everyone remember its the big change to get rid of us parasites... 3rd party IM programs.

While MSN is going to demand you update your account or lose your account by Sept. 18. Trillion and the rest of us are working overtime. Woo Woo We now have the new.dll.

They can try to manipulate the market, but those opposed to any monopoly will always win!

Microsoft Corp. is making changes to its MSN instant messaging (IM) service that will lock out users of third-party software that use the service as well as users of older versions of Microsoft's own Messenger client, the company said Tuesday.

Users have to upgrade to the latest versions of MSN or Windows Messenger by Oct. 15 or they will no longer be able to log on, Microsoft spokesman Sean Sundwall said. The upgrade is required because of "security issues" with the older versions of the Messenger clients, he said, declining to specify those issues.

THEY CHANGED THE DAY!

Besides those older Messenger clients, the move also affects IM software such as Trillian, Imici and Odigo that allow users to consolidate multiple IM accounts in one client, Sundwall said.

"It is our expectation that those who use our service with unlicensed or unauthorized third-party clients will likely not be able to log on after Oct. 15," Sundwall said. "We would encourage those third parties to contact us to work out agreements by which they can continue to have their customers access our network."

Sundwall would not comment on what type of agreement Microsoft would want with third-party IM software providers. "We are very interested in interoperating with all third parties, there just needs to be a formal agreement," he said.

Microsoft on Monday sent out e-mail alerting MSN users to upgrade. Some MSN users reported receiving a dozen or more copies of the same message. The message resembles a hoax or prank. The first line is all capital letters: "ATTENTION: IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED FOR MSN AND WINDOWS MESSENGER USERS."

ABW Ambassador
    Ya MSN is still down at 9 PM EST. MSN Messenger is down too...

Odd thing is that "some" traffic is getting through from search.msn.com....

Are those of you that can't get through to MSN.com using Road Runner??? They have a msg on their site;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Some Road Runner customers are currently experiencing issues reaching some Microsoft sites, like Microsoft.com, Hotmail.com, and MSN.com. Some subscribers in the affected area(s) may experience trouble reaching the above mentioned web sites at this time. Our engineers are working quickly to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The trouble ticket was since 8:24am and it effects all Road Runner areas it says. I still can't get though.

Coincidence Me baby!

I am willing to bet that the RR dns servers were hacked. When I go to http://www.msn.com/ it finally resolves to http://www.www.msn.com.org/.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

ABW Ambassador
    Yes you are right about RoadRunner. They even have it on their message when you try to get technical support...All Microsoft websites, essentially. Yikes.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread