Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry It is getting Impossible!
    My bank claims that in order to completely verify and confirm S.A.S cheques deposit they require from now on to make something like 'collect deposit' and deliver the cheque back to the USA to S.A.S's bank for validation.

- This takes up to 2 months.
    - It will cost me another $100!!

So just to get a safe monthly S.A.S cheque + deposit, cost me $55 for international FedEx delivery + $100 for 'Collect Deposit' = $150!!

This is crazy.

Guys, I cannot afford that...sorry.
    Please provide a quick solution for us affiliates who live outside the USA.

ABW Ambassador
    Where do you live - Nigeria?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave
    Dave, good joke, but let me remind - they have $1'000'000'000 that they want to transfer around. They even have to send spam to find people to take on the deals, so I doubt he is from there.

On the other hand many European affiliates has issues with checks. Even in the friendly UK it takes quite long time to get checks cashed. Bank wire ($30-50) is cheaper and faster than any check outside USA.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry if I insulted anyone - it was not my intention.
    I sometimes forget the benefits that Canada has in terms of easy access to the States (banking system).

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Jimbalaya,

Where are you located?
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Guys,

I'm an S.A.S affiliate from Israel and already posted a thread on that issue about 2 months ago - read it and see what others from different parts of the world are having with S.A.S cheque deposits.

All we ask is direct bank deposit just as you guys in Canada and the States have, otherwise it is almost impossible to make a living that way.

Hope to get some serious feedbacks.

thanks,

Jimbalaya.

Jimbalaya,

We have researched international payments quite extensively over the past few years and have never encountered a company that does direct bank deposit to Israel. Do you know of a company that performs this service?
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Not sure about companies there - but banks usually does this. If yours doesn't then I don't know - strange situation. Basically, international wire transfer is one of simplest bank operations for any internationally recognized bank.

MNSandy,

Not talking about international wire.... need an ACH or similar product.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Jimbalaya,

We have researched international payments quite extensively over the past few years and have never encountered a company that does direct bank deposit to Israel. Do you know of a company that performs this service?
    Brian,

First of all I appreciate your quick reply and care - It is good to know that someone at your level cares and listens to us.

Tell you the truth, I know very little about international banking systems and services, so it is hard for me to answer that question...I can try and ask around with friends.

So, is it just matter of finding such service that works with Israel? If you do find one will you fix it for your Israeli Affiliates?

Provide some more details on what exactly is required, I'll do my best to help where I can, this is critical for me and I really need your quick solution in order to keep my affiliate business with S.A.S.

Please make it on high priority!

Many thanks,

Jimbalaya.

Jimbalaya,

I can't promise that we would use a service as it would depend on the implementation/cost/etc... but we would definitely look into it. The problem that we run into with other countries is that the ACH network is not built out to the same specifications that the ACH network is built out in the US.

Wire transfers are not usually a good alternative because they carry outgoing (usually $50+) AND incoming ($15 - $100) fees from both our bank and yours which means that in reality, they aren't any cheaper than cheques (albeit faster).

Services such as PayPal, Moneybookers, Egold, etc... are not an option.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Jimbalaya,

I can't promise that we would use a service as it would depend on the implementation/cost/etc... but we would definitely look into it. The problem that we run into with other countries is that the ACH network is not built out to the same specifications that the ACH network is built out in the US.

Wire transfers are not usually a good alternative because they carry outgoing (usually $50+) AND incoming ($15 - $100) fees from both our bank and yours which means that in reality, they aren't any cheaper than cheques (albeit faster).

Thanks Brian.
    Could you please explain what ACH is...?

Jimbalaya.

Just a banking term for a form of direct deposit. It wouldn't have to specifically be ACH but would need to be something similar along the lines of implementation and cost in order to make it work.

We've researched it a bunch as I've said, and have only found similar payment solutions in Europe mostly. If you happen to find out anything different I'd be happy to take a look at it.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Just an idea, Jimbalaya.

I know that Bank Leumi has hundreds of branches in the US, some in Southern California but most in NY. Could you open an account in the US for direct deposit of SAS funds, and if you had an account at a Bank Leumi in Israel, would it then be easier and cheaper to then transfer funds between the accounts?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I am wondering why there are so many issues with this pointed at SAS. Is it just because SAS is extremely active at ABW?

What do the other networks offer as an alternative? If they offer something better, why can't SAS do the same? If they don't, can SAS take the lead in implementing a better solution for international affiliates? Would international affiliates be willing to pay SAS a fee to do so?

If PayPal, Moneybookers, and eGold are not an option, then what could be? Is there an alternative payment method that can be used on a limited beta basis? Will there be another thread on this next week?

I am out of questions. I will point out that I think Brian and his team at SAS are top-notch and are equally focused on the needs of merchants and affiliates both. We should remind ourselves that their focus on individual issues here at ABW is obviously not the norm in the industry. Quite simply, they RoCk! Now...about those questions...

-sfcom

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave
    That was so NOT funny.

I can get direct deposit to Switzerland from CJ ... it's been available for months. I've no idea why SAS can't manage to even talk about doing it. Checks are not used in Switzerland at all and they have to be sent to the US for verificaton ... that's actually normal banking practice in general. It means that I sometimes have to wait 6 weeks or more to get the cash actually into the account.

Jimbalaya - I would recommend Leumi too - they are active internationally and have at least one office in the US. They are connected with all the banking transfer systems so they should be available for direct deposit.

Sue.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    It is because we love SAS and we know they actually listen to feedback.

I have the same problem with CJ, but since I get most $$ from SAS merchants it is important to me.

I'm sure many other affiliates who use SAS are also on ABW. I don't think Netshops is international friendly yet either, so I haven't signed up with them. Buy.at doesn't even let you register if you aren't in the USA. Time for a wake up call!

Avantlink is international friendly and also very responsive. They have always given me amazing support and PayPal payments.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    I am wondering why there are so many issues with this pointed at SAS. Is it just because SAS is extremely active at ABW?

What do the other networks offer as an alternative? If they offer something better, why can't SAS do the same? If they don't, can SAS take the lead in implementing a better solution for international affiliates? Would international affiliates be willing to pay SAS a fee to do so?

If PayPal, Moneybookers, and eGold are not an option, then what could be? Is there an alternative payment method that can be used on a limited beta basis? Will there be another thread on this next week?

I am out of questions. I will point out that I think Brian and his team at SAS are top-notch and are equally focused on the needs of merchants and affiliates both. We should remind ourselves that their focus on individual issues here at ABW is obviously not the norm in the industry. Quite simply, they RoCk! Now...about those questions...

-sfcom

Guys,

Many thanks for your feedback.
    I sure will check it with Bank Leumi - Did any of you actually tried money transfers with Bank Leumi?

Thanks,

Jimbalaya.

I worked with them for many years ... not actually for them but I know them well. They do a lot of bank transfers ... at least their international division does.

Sue.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    My contact with them is driving by one of their branches a few hundred (thousand?) times over the past 20-5 years or so.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Brian:

I am curious as to why paypal (or the like) is automatically NOT an option? Several networks pay by paypal. Why did SAS rule that out?

Jimbalaya,

Hi,

I've been researching the problems of transferring money in/out of various countries. I found an HSBC offshore account to be pretty handy. Its kind of expensive, but has a really high level of service and is specifically designed for international business.

http://www.offshore.hsbc.com/1/2/int...ounts/money-in

Thanks,
    Jim
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I think CJ can do EUR/CHF direct deposits due to having an office in the UK that can plug into the IBAN system.

The suggestion of finding an Israeli bank that has branches in the USA is probably your best bet.

Drewbert,

We already do direct deposit ACH into Europe for countries where we can, and are adding new ones that have become available to us - such as Switzerland which we are adding as soon as we can.

The issue comes up with countries that are outside of the "Eurozone" because the banking systems typically aren't compatible with each other.

Regarding PayPal and such, I've been over it a bunch in the past and it is kinda an old issue, but there are some threads in the past if you want to look them up. Essentially, I don't consider them to the level of necessary security for funds transfer.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast