Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: AC Lens en Espanol

  1. #1
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    AC Lens en Espanol
    I'm pleased to announce a beta launch of AC Lens en Espanol: http://www.aclens.com/espanol.asp. We're just testing the market at first so we've only translated a Spanish landing page and our most important policy pages.

    The shopping cart and product pages are still in English so the buyer must be bi-lingual. Either way, el comprador tendra los mismos precios bajos en los lentes de contacto and we ship to most Spanish speaking countries.

    Before we announce it to our affiliate base and the world, I'd like to have some of the fine ABW Spanish speakers rip apart the pages. Is the translation in good shape? Are there any recommended changes to the design, layout, etc?

    Any advice, comments, or critiques are greatly appreciated. My Spanish vocabulary is about 50 words deep so please post, PM, or email them to me in English

    Thanks!

    Bob

  2. #2
    Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2007
    Location
    Cuautitlán, Edo. de México
    Posts
    1,725
    I saw many errors in the Spanish translation. It is understandable, but far from good.

  3. #3
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    Thanks for the info. Any examples I could pass along?

    Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    I saw many errors in the Spanish translation. It is understandable, but far from good.

  4. #4
    Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2007
    Location
    Cuautitlán, Edo. de México
    Posts
    1,725
    How about the first page, first paragraph. "Espanol" is incorrect. It is español. There are all sorts of errors. I'm currently doing translation work for my accountant's new website, so I won't be available for new projects until July.

  5. #5
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    How about the first page, first paragraph. "Espanol" is incorrect. It is español. There are all sorts of errors. I'm currently doing translation work for my accountant's new website, so I won't be available for new projects until July.
    Yeah that was already on the list to be changed. I'll head back to the translator and see what we come up with.

    Thanks again

    Bob

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    3
    Hi Bob:
    I almost failed my spanish gramatics courses at school, but please, do a deep review of your page, I found so many errors that I won´t call it beta, but alpha.

    I will try to send you a PM later.

    Regards

    Bruno

  7. #7
    ABW Ambassador 2busy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Tropical Mountaintop
    Posts
    5,636
    Regresos should be devoluciones, many many more. If nothing else, try Google Translate, it would have done a better job than what you have there.
    It's good to see merchants reaching out to open new markets but it takes a real person to tell the difference between a table of contents and a dining table when translating. Google Translate is free unlike most human translators.

  8. #8
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    Thanks all for the info...back to the drawing board.

  9. #9
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    Ok I'm back from the drawing board. How's the new version:

    http://www.aclens.com/espanol.asp

  10. #10
    ABW Ambassador danay's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2005
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    701
    hey Bob, a few notes....

    Dado que contamos con más de un millón de lentillas en nuestras bodegas, AC Lens tiene los lentes de contacto que usted necesita al precio que le conviene.

    Remove "Dado que" and start the sentene with "Contamos". Spanish is wordy enough without making it even more so.

    "Si bien el resto de este sitio está en inglés," should read "Aunque la mayor parte del sitio esté en español" yadda yadda.

    The translation is not very friendly yet. Are you using a translator or software? Try "http://www.freetranslation.com " although I suggest a human translation.

    good luck and keep the revisions coming
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

    I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

  11. #11
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    Thanks Danay,

    We're using a human translator. I've had several conflicting change requests but we'll get it figured out. This has been a great learning experience though and Spanish has moved up a few notches on my list of things to learn.

    Bob



    Quote Originally Posted by danay
    hey Bob, a few notes....

    Dado que contamos con más de un millón de lentillas en nuestras bodegas, AC Lens tiene los lentes de contacto que usted necesita al precio que le conviene.

    Remove "Dado que" and start the sentene with "Contamos". Spanish is wordy enough without making it even more so.

    "Si bien el resto de este sitio está en inglés," should read "Aunque la mayor parte del sitio esté en español" yadda yadda.

    The translation is not very friendly yet. Are you using a translator or software? Try "http://www.freetranslation.com " although I suggest a human translation.

    good luck and keep the revisions coming

  12. #12
    Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2007
    Location
    Cuautitlán, Edo. de México
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Drumm
    Thanks Danay,

    We're using a human translator. I've had several conflicting change requests but we'll get it figured out. This has been a great learning experience though and Spanish has moved up a few notches on my list of things to learn.

    Bob
    It might be time for a new translator.

  13. #13
    ABW Ambassador 2busy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Tropical Mountaintop
    Posts
    5,636
    I would suggest a translator who speaks Spanish and is aware of cross border differences in the Spanish language. Some words or phrases need to be avoided because they have different meanings in various Spanish speaking countries. "anteojos" for example.

  14. #14
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    All good points...drawing board part 2

  15. Newsletter Signup

Similar Threads

  1. Contact Lens Sale at AC Lens.
    By Robert Drumm in forum AC Lens
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM
  2. November Coupon Codes - AC Lens / Lens Catalogue
    By Robert Drumm in forum AC Lens
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 31st, 2007, 05:51 PM
  3. Habla Español? Any Spanish Affiliate/Affiliate Managers?
    By Connie Burstin in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: February 20th, 2007, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •