Question i could use some advice
    Hello everyone
    My name is Dana and I am an AM. I am new to abestweb and do not know if this question has been addressed in the past, but here we go.
    Currently we are running on two networks Cj and Avantlink. Some people in the companies think we should run our program on as many networks as we can. (I think this is little off base I would just rather use the best, but they seem to think it a good idea), so they want more network, no real problem here..

There may however be a problem here.

We are in talks with linkshare not only to start another affiliate program but
    to have them manage the new program. Furthermore, it look as if CJ is going manage the affiliates in their network. Some of the reasoning behind this is ROI and freeing up some of my schedule so I can take on other tasks.(personally i think this will cause more work for me)

So that would leaves me the task of managing Avantlink program, which is great, because I think that Avantlink is one of the more savvy networks out there and there is plenty of opportunity for us all to grow with them.

So my question is what to do think?

How do you think this would affect the publishers?

are their any pitfall you can foresee having two or maybe three different people management the same affiliate program in different networks?

Has anyone faced a similar experience?

Any comments will help,

Thanks
    Dana,

Not a direct answer to your question, but since your ultimate need is to get access to more publishers (and since I'm a publisher), I really like having the option of multiple affiliate network options for a merchant. Each affiliate program has its own strengths and weaknesses and, based on the way I'm promoting that merchant, I might choose one affiliate network over another. Plus, avantlink doesn't have nearly the following that CJ, Linkshare, or Performics has (for better or worse, obviously), so it gives you an option to expand to that crowd while still maintaining avantlink for its features or any other benefits.

One thing I would suggest is, if you'd like the majority of your publishers consolidated on one network, offer better commissions on that network. I've had a few publishers that offer on both CJ and avantlink, and they've emailed me directly about moving my links over to avantlink and told me about better commissions.

In reality though, I wouldn't think you'd need more than CJ and avantlink. I can't speak for everyone obviously, but most anyone you'd want promoting your services is going to be on all the major networks. The set of people that belong to CJ but not LinkShare is small, and probably somewhat insignificant. There's probably a few that don't belong to one or the other because of some personal issue or falling out, but in general, I don't see the need for that much variety. And those that have some major issue with CJ are probably big enough publishers that they belong to avantlink anyway.

Just my $0.02.

Chief, that was similar to one of my first questions here.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=104553

There was only response, but it was an alternate view. Personally, I see both sides having good points.

ABW Ambassador
    I prefer working with LS over CJ. I like making individual product links using the LS interface and their reports. At CJ I can't figure out what I'm selling and it is very frustrating, at LS it's a breeze.

I don't feel like jumping thorugh the hoops AdvantLink wants me to, so unless there is some compelling reason for me to, I won't be signing up with any of their merchants.

I like the feel of Shareasale, but there is no way to see what products actually sold either.

So in many ways, I prefer LS.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Hi Aunt Lily,

Generally we require email response (for authentication) from the domain name or from the email on file with the domain records (if accessible). We do this for proof of ownership of the site being submitted with the application. And for everyone's protection.

If you would like to email me, I can try and help you work it out.

Gary M

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    BTW my 2 cents on the topic at hand.

I'm with Dana: "I think that Avantlink is one of the more savvy networks out there and there is plenty of opportunity for us all to grow with them."

There can be advantages to being on more than one network but I think the benefit drops dramatically after the second network. If you're on 2 good networks you have a good chance of covering most affiliates. Being on too many networks and I think affiliates will wonder what's wrong with your program. We have 2 programs that are on 2 networks, CJ and SAS. For visibility I think we are just about as covered as we can be so adding another network isn't in the plan. Now, if you wanted to join another network because they offered something unique that's a different story. AvantLink has some unique and cool tools but if you're already on CJ, what does LS bring to the table?

are their any pitfall you can foresee having two or maybe three different people management the same affiliate program in different networks?
    Yes! I don't think you want affiliate managers competing with each other over the same program. We had a prospective client ask us if we would manage their program on one network while another company managed the program on another network. I told him I wouldn't touch it and that he should let his current manager take care of both programs. You want your manager competing with your competitors for affiliates and not spending time competing with each other. What's the point in having a manager spend time to get an affiliate from your CJ program into your AvantLink program and have another manager try to get them into your LS program. This will happen. The bigger the affiliate the more directions they will be pulled by your own managers. Give your manager the whole pie so they can spend time going after your competitors' affiliates.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief
    We are in talks with linkshare not only to start another affiliate program but to have them manage the new program.
    Dana,

I am pretty sure that Linkshare has an exclusivity clause - meaning if you are a merchant on Linkshare, you can't run your program on any other network. At least that's how it was a few years back when we were looking into them.

Some people in the companies think we should run our program on as many networks as we can.
    For me 2 is enough. You get affiliates from both of the major camps, and any more than 2 seems confusing to all involved.

We are in your AvantLink program and that is always my pick over CJ and LS. I use them all because it seems for my set up it's necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lilly
    I don't feel like jumping thorugh the hoops AdvantLink wants me to, so unless there is some compelling reason for me to, I won't be signing up with any of their merchants.
    I had ignored AvantLink until about 5 months ago, but now they are my favorite. They have good technology and Gary really tries to please.

Thank you, you all Rock,

-Renee

That is what i thought too, but were were were going to have them take over our search campaign, with the condition that they start a program for us. they seam to be ok with being non exclusive. but i heard they can be tricky.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread