Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    First Issue of Affiliate Summit Magazine Now Available
    FeedFront Magazine, the Official Magazine of Affiliate Summit, is all printed and in the mail now to subscribers.

If you attended Affiliate Summit this past February in Las Vegas or last August in Miami, and live in the U.S. (and your address hasn’t changed), you should be getting the first issue in the coming weeks.

The digital version of the first issue of FeedFront Magazine is now available to download at http://feedfront.com/feedfront-issue1.pdf.

The first issue includes articles on blogging, PPC, video, affiliate networks, Web 2.0, landing pages, and more.

U.S. residents can subscribe to FeedFront Magazine for free at http://feedfront.com/free-subscription/.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

That is one really sharp looking magazine. Nice job! Can't wait to get my copy in the mail.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Where do you guys find the time for all that you do!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Where do you guys find the time for all that you do!
    We don't sleep much. And we love this stuff.

Speaking of which, if anybody here fancies themselves to be a writer, we'll be looking for articles for the next issue soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    That is one really sharp looking magazine. Nice job! Can't wait to get my copy in the mail.
    Thanks - credit for the look of it goes to Alex Bet!

I'm not surprised. Alex has done work for me over the years and amazes me each time I request art work from him. A true master!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Wow. Very impressive.

I'll sharpen my over here and see what kind of article I can provide to you guys for the next issue, if you'll have me. What are deadlines, etc. for submissions?

We might need a new thread for that.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Quote Originally Posted by AM@4checks
    What are deadlines, etc. for submissions?
    I don't have the deadline handy - we'll start another thread about it soon.

I just signed up myself after viewing the .pdf version. Very nice.

-sfcom

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Thanks for the kudos. I for one, can't wait to get started on the next issue It was a lot of fun doing the first one.
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

Wow. Impressive for sure.

Not sure I agree with the cover shot - but everything else is great. The design is absolutely sharp looking; I can certainly see the Alex Betinski "touch." I am eager to receive the print version (becuse I enjoy reading things like this the "old fashioned" way...instead of pushing a mouse around I like to hold good reading material in my hands ).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

One question and two comments

Question: why "FeedFront"? Is there a reason/story for that name?

Comment: the magazine looks fantastic! The page layout and the look & feel are perfect.

Comment: I disagree with your choice of cover and Editor's Note topic. For a premiere issue of a new magazine, the Editor's Note should have been more than you guys defending the keynote from Vegas.

The cover should have been related to the largest story of the issue (or pick one of the stories) instead of a picture of a person that polarized a good portion of the industry and whose only mention was in the Editor's Note. I feel as if the only reason for the cover was to create controversy or get people talking about it - which worked, I guess, if that really was the intent. You don't need to do things like that; you have a captive audience. It's not like you need to compete with other magazines on a shelf, after all. If choosing not to use a picture related to the lead story, then something that plays to the theme of "first issue" should have been used.

I'm not saying this because I came down on the side of not agreeing with the keynote - it's not personal. I'm offering this as a critique that I hope will be taken objectively
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I would like to subscribe and give you my name, address, phone number, and email...but what's your privacy policy?

Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    I would like to subscribe and give you my name, address, phone number, and email...but what's your privacy policy?
    FeedFront is owned by Affiliate Summit and our privacy policy there also applies to the magazine: http://www.affiliatesummit.com/privacy.php

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Sorry Shawn I'm not a legal eagle but I am a privacy freak.

So does this mean that when I sign up I can expect that my info may be given to third parties?

I'm really trying to avoid junk mail and solicitations. And I really don't want anyone calling me.

Thank you for clearing it up.

2.3 Direct Mail and Telemarketing.
    AFFILIATE SUMMIT uses Individual Information to advertise, directly or indirectly, to individuals using direct mail marketing or telemarketing using telephones and cell phones.

4.3 Affiliated Companies.

AFFILIATE SUMMIT may disclose, transfer, and sell Individual Information to entities affiliated with AFFILIATE SUMMIT in AFFILIATE SUMMIT's discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    Question: why "FeedFront"? Is there a reason/story for that name?
    It's a made-up word that is meant to be the opposite of feedback - where our mission is to provide you with the information and resources you need before you create a site or other project, rather than after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    Comment: I disagree with your choice of cover and Editor's Note topic. For a premiere issue of a new magazine, the Editor's Note should have been more than you guys defending the keynote from Vegas.

The cover should have been related to the largest story of the issue (or pick one of the stories) instead of a picture of a person that polarized a good portion of the industry and whose only mention was in the Editor's Note. I feel as if the only reason for the cover was to create controversy or get people talking about it - which worked, I guess, if that really was the intent. You don't need to do things like that; you have a captive audience. It's not like you need to compete with other magazines on a shelf, after all. If choosing not to use a picture related to the lead story, then something that plays to the theme of "first issue" should have been used.

I'm not saying this because I came down on the side of not agreeing with the keynote - it's not personal. I'm offering this as a critique that I hope will be taken objectively
    Thanks - we love feedback and letters to the editors (can we print that?).

One thing we are trying to do here is to make a different kind of magazine - not particularly conventional, and more of a community effort with a tone written more in a person's voice from a forum post or a blog, rather than professional journalists.

In he spirit of the un-magazine approach, we thought the cover made sense in connection to the editor's note.

But we've been wrong before. :-)

Absolutely you can print that

I definitely think you guys are off to a great start, and I totally agree with the tone of the magazine - being more unconventional or conversational, like you said. That's how I prefer to write, myself.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Cool, looking forward to getting my copy!

Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    Sorry Shawn I'm not a legal eagle but I am a privacy freak.

So does this mean that when I sign up I can expect that my info may be given to third parties?

I'm really trying to avoid junk mail and solicitations. And I really don't want anyone calling me.

Thank you for clearing it up.
    The street address may be provided to advertisers, but we don't make email or phone available to third parties.

Great magazine, I look forward to reading it in more detail. Will there be copies available at the Affiliate Summit in Boston?

Quote Originally Posted by stishler
    Great magazine, I look forward to reading it in more detail. Will there be copies available at the Affiliate Summit in Boston?
    No - this issue is only being distributed at the LinkShare Symposium and through the mail.

The second issue will be at Affiliate Summit in Boston.

this magazine looks like it is going to be awesome I am really excited!!!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Nice mag...

Check PM

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Very cool! Looking forward to the hard copy, too.

You guys are way too busy - take a freaking break already! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Really enjoyed the download, and I, too, am looking forward to the mag in the mail!

You want feedback? I'll give you some feedback. Because there was one consistent thing throughout the mag that really bugged me: There is almost a total lack of cutlines or captions on the photos??

On the articles, you've got a nice, concise author bio note at the end, but you have tons of pictures, which I assume are from the recent Affiliate Summit in Vegas? Yet many of us were not at the summit -- so why do you assume readers will know the setting and the people involved?

Perhaps I just need to read the whole issue more carefully to "get it," because all I've done so far is scan through it. But I really don't understand why the bucket load of good photos of mystery people -- people I, as a longtime regular here at ABW, might know if there were names tied to the faces.

Probably just the old newspaper guy in me coming out. Grumble, grumble, grumble ...
    Generate more fake news.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast