Clickbank
    I am completely new to the world of affiliate marketing and this was the only one I found where I didn't have to pay and didn't seem to be as hard to deal with. Does anyone have any opinions??? I have looked over the merchants they have, and I do like a lot of what they have. I've thought of buying some of it, but I think that would defeat the purpose of trying to make money.

Any advice would be helpful and very appreciated.

ABW Ambassador
    You don't have to pay at any of the affiliate networks.

http://www.cj.com
    http://www.shareasale.com
    http://www.performics.com
    http://www.linkshare.com
    http://www.avantlink.com

etc. check em out.

Clickbank is different since it's digital download products. The ones I listed have real merchants and such that actually sell stuff and some digital downloads as well but very little I think.

Are there any you would recommend over any others??? I assume I would do the same thing for all of them. Write ads, post them, get traffic and sell their products correct? Remember, this is all very new to me. I just don't want to end up working my butt off and getting nothing out of it. Do any of them help new affiliates more than others?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasarre
    I am completely new to the world of affiliate marketing and this was the only one I found where I didn't have to pay and didn't seem to be as hard to deal with. Does anyone have any opinions??? I have looked over the merchants they have, and I do like a lot of what they have. I've thought of buying some of it, but I think that would defeat the purpose of trying to make money.

Any advice would be helpful and very appreciated.
    Didn't have to pay?

If you are serious about affiliate marketing, then take a good look at Shareasale, Commission Junction, Linkshare, Performics, and the rest of the networks that have forums here. As an affiliate you do not pay anything to join a "real" affiliate network or to join a merchant's program.

Also, do some reading in the Affiliate Academy subforum.

Welcome and good luck in the world of affiliate marketing. You've come to the right place to learn.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thank you for the advice. I will look into the others. Is there some sort of hiring process to get into the others??? I actually did end up paying $39 to legitjobsonline to discover clickbank. I didn't understand or even know that you could become affiliated without paying.

Lasarre, do you have a website already set up and a niche picked?

The group I paid the $39 to gave me a website. I basically go onto clickbank and go into their marketplace. Decide which products I want to promote and I post ads on different sites. I wouldn't even have a clue as to how to set up a website right now. I know a friend of mine could do it for me, but, as I said, I'm just getting started. The website they set up for me has three products to advertise.

ABW Ambassador
    I would stop and just chalk the $39 up as a loss/learning experience. Posting ads on different websites for Clickbank products doesn't sound good. There are some free avenues you can take, try out

http://www.squidoo.com/browse/homepage

Since you like to write and said you know about selling. Just to get your feet wet.

clickbank didn't charge me anything. It was the a.weber guy who sends trash e-mail all the time and he was under another site. How do other sites work?? I thought they all worked the same--that you promote merchants products.

Go, Squidoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I would stop and just chalk the $39 up as a loss/learning experience. Posting ads on different websites for Clickbank products doesn't sound good. There are some free avenues you can take, try out

http://www.squidoo.com/browse/homepage

Since you like to write and said you know about selling. Just to get your feet wet.
    Agreed - Squidoo is an excellent platform for anything, not only affiliate sales. I had to stop myself at 25 lenses.. well, ok, maybe a BIT more.. but they can be great avenues for getting the word out - plus you don't have to learn to write websites to work there. Add to that the fact that they cost -nothing- to make and maintain (except your time, of course) and Squidoo can be a fantastic place to get rolling.

To make matters even better, the support system there is fabulous. Many lensmasters will give advice, spend some extra time with you to help you get things set up well. SquidU (their forum and learning center) is a great place to get acquainted, meet other lensmasters, find assistance, and get a good handle on building lenses and using their rich toolbox.

Thank you. I appreciate all the advice. I figure I will get to full work on Monday after recuperating on Sunday LOL So, you guys think it is better to have your own website rather than posting on all the free classifieds???

Also, and I'm sorry to sound so stupid, what is a lensmaster?

NO worries - a lensmaster is Squidoo's term for someone who writes one of their lenses (aka website). They're usually only one page long, but those can be some very long pages.

As far as which is better, I have no idea. I'm in a niche where product displays are relevant to the customer, so I would not choose to post in classifieds. But if you're selling informational products (eBooks and the like), hey, why not go with classifieds to build up some presence, then move toward websites when the time is right.

Wow, you guys are good. I was lucky to find this site. As I said, I research things all the time... I'm glad I did. You are all scaring the heck out of me, but, making me feel better at the same time. It's always nice to have people to turn to.

7-days, any help you can give to get started correctly, I would appreciate. This doing your own website sorry lens sounds really interesting.

I use Squidoo and also Hubpages. Hubpages is more stringent about self promotion and requires more content but it's also another way to advertise for free. I think it's easier than Squidoo but just my 2 cents
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

WordPress is a good way to build up a web presence if you don't build your own sites yet. To use it as an affiliate you would need to buy a domain and get a host (Under $30 to start) but for newbie easy start ups that get traffic, they can't be beat because they get crawled right away and every day that you add new content. You do need to know how to read instructions but you don't need to know HTML. All affiliates should know html but for a fast start WordPress is excellent.

Thank you all. Due to all your advice and caseyfern's help, I actually got my own websites up and running. I think casey gave me a crash course. I am learning new things each day and still have lots of questions. I get a lot of visitors to the social network, but am having trouble getting people to join. Also, I run out of things to blog about as I don't want to sound redundant. It seems like it would look odd to have all the blogs come from me.

Ok, you are the experts..any advice?

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread