Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hit by Car
    Well day did not progress very well. I was bringing my children to school and after I parked I went to get out. When I was halfway out a car flew by and hit me & my car door. Like a true mom I saw that the kids get into school and then called 911. The ambulance came & took me away. I am back home with wrapped knee and elbow, no bone damage but ligaments and nerves "stressed" and knee torn.

The most ironic part of all this is that I park a block and a half away from the school so that I don't have to deal with the crazy parent drivers.

Oh yeah the other driver took off saying she's got to get her other kids to school.

I tried to fight going to hospital and when the EMT said what do you have to do today besides get the kids from school, I went into an explanation of the NY sales tax situation. Right about then they took my bp for second time lol and that's when they said they had to take me.

All in all I am very lucky, doctors surporised too.

I must have an angel watching over me for sure. My kids were shaken up but since they were still buckled in seats 100% ok physically.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

I'm sorry to hear that you got hit.

They need to find the other driver and charge them with hit and run.

I hope you are OK.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I am glad that you are OK.
    Yeah, you can try your best to avoid those crazy people by parking far away but they come looking for you one way or another...like a bad penny.
    And thanks to ur angel

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Wow sorry to hear this. Glad you are home and recovering..

I think in NY leaving the scene of an injury accident is a felony. It has been 10 years since I lived in NY, though...so I could be wrong

oooh Mellie I'm so sorry I guess it could've been worse so certainly glad your kids are ok but definitely sad that you got hurt

ummm doesn't sound like you're in too good a shape, tho. When you calm down more later in the day it might be wise to get your own doctor to have a look at you, too just to make sure you aren't hurt worse.

Again, definitely happy your kids are ok, but realllly sorry you're not. Hope you feel better

OMG, Mellie! Sending wishes for a speedy recovery. Isn't it just like a Mom to see that everyone else is all right and THEN go get a bandaid for the leg that fell off? I'm glad you weren't more seriously hurt, but what you described is plenty bad enough!

I'm thinking about the fine example that other parent set for HER children - flying away from an injury she caused to meet a much less important scheduling conflict. Go after them NOW before they get the story changed to suit their situ.

So sorry about this sucky patch in your life. This, too, will pass eventually. Hugs!

Poor you ... I'm glad to hear that you're not too badly hurt and I hope everything heals up as quickly as possible.

Sue.

We'll be thinking of you. hang in there!
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    geez mellie - my thoughts are with you

Man what a way to start to the day! Mellie I am so glad to hear you are ok, but take it easy this weekend, I imagine you will be sore....

http and a telephoto
    **hugs** take care of yourself. Did you get the other driver's info?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    That's soo horrible!!!!
    There are times to wail about the NY tax laws and times not to! I can only imagine the look on the EMTs face.

Can you identify the other driver? She should be easily found. I too think leaving the scene of an accident is a BIG no no in most states.

Very speedy recovery.

Thanks all. I consider myself very lucky.

Fleeing is still a felony, police came to hospital to take report.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Best wishes!
    Seriously, like everyone else is saying, you definitely should file charges against the woman who hit you.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I so need a vacation lol.

No info on other driver. but if you see a gold minivan with front end damage and red paint down the side get the plate for me.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

You have some good information, even without the plate. You know what town she lives in, you know what kind of vehicle it was, you know that she has at least two or three school-age children, you could probably guess her approximate age... it shouldn't be too hard for the cops to track it down.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mellie

No info on other driver. but if you see a gold minivan with front end damage and red paint down the side get the plate for me.
    Wow - Really this could happen!!
    I'm puzzled that the other Driver is so callous!!!

Melanie - Wish you god speed in recovery.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mellie

Hit and Run????

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Unbelievable conscience on that woman... Mellie, I am so, so glad you are okay...and I'm even somewhat glad that the goings on in NY spiked your blood pressure so you were forced to go to the hospital. Only good outcome I've seen from that at all!!! I hope to goodness your kids were already at school and didn't have to see it. Many many wishes for a speedy recovery and I hope they get the person who hit you and left!

Bless your heart! *hug*

I'm a teacher and do crosswalk duty in the morning/afternoon.... I will say that there seem to be a lot more parents out there worried about hurrying to work or whatever that pay little attention to what they're doing in the morning than parents who are attentive and careful...

I've almost been run over numerous times..... I've been cussed like a dog... I've been flat out ignored with instructions I've given to drivers....... I even had a parent almost run over their own child because they weren't paying attention to the kid.... (I was able to run and yank the kid out of the way in the nick of time- never even received a thank you even though the principal called and informed the parent what they had done)

I hope they find the guilty party. Please keep us updated on the investigation and how you're doing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Melanie. I hope your knee and elbow will heal soon.

G.

What a terrible way to end an already bad week. I'm glad you weren't hurt too badly and that your kids are all OK. Get some rest and if you're not on medication have a nice strong drink later. If you are on medication...well enjoy.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Affiliate Manager
    OMG

I hope that you are OK.

I am glad to hear that your kids were safely bucked in to their seat belts and that they are OK.

Feel better.

Melissa

Wow that's brutal! glad to hear you are ok though.

Whats with the driver getting away though?!

Sorry to hear of the driver's lack of conscience. I wish you a quick recovery. Glad to hear that you are at home already. Keep us updated.

-sfcom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast