Anyone want to trade SkyMiles for AAdvantage Miles
    I have 15,000 odd AAdvantage Miles and I really don't fly AA I fly delta, anyone want them in exchange for SkyMiles?

How would you exchange them? I don't think either company lets you transfer miles (for free - they may for a fee). I would be interested, buut I don't know that it could be done.

Update: Looks like Delta charges $0.01 per mile (plus a $30 fee that is waived through tomorrow), so it would cost $150 to transfer 15,000. AA charges $150 + $30 to transfer 15,000. That's $330 in fees to swap 15,000 miles. Probably not worth it.

FWIW, AA used to allow you to redeem 15,000 miles for a short-haul trip. You might want to check to see if they still do. Could be a good use of the miles.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

yeah AA is getting cheap and won't let me redeem the 15,000 miles for anything except an upgrade on a full price coach ticket.

but who spends 1000 on a coach ticket when you can spend 1200 on a discounted first class ticket? And they only let me upgrade 1 leg of the trip.

When I looked at the pricing i thought it was 150 all together didn't realize it was 150 for each person lol.

Another option for you...

Apply for a Citi AAdvantage card (no annual fee the first year) and spend $750 on it in the first six months and you'll get 25,000 bonus miles. With your existing 15,000 miles and the 25,000 new miles, you'll have enough miles for one first class or two coach Reduced Mileage Awards to a pretty good number of locations (including some Canada, Caribbean, and Mexican locations), or even one coach ticket to some locations in Latin America.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread