ABW Ambassador
    OK, I live on a beautiful island with a climate most people dream of, but...

<RANT>
    As some of you know, I am in the middle of a house move. I am now settled in the new place, and finally got internet yesterday. I was using ADSL at my old place and we thought it would simpply be a matter of phoning the company with the new address (same telephone number) and we copuld have ADSL almost immediately. However, we are now on a dial up connection and it is bl@@dy slow and keeps disconnecting. The ADSL will take 40 days to do the PAPERWORK and another 20 days or so to connect me to ADSL. Why? Because my internet provider is not the main telephone network in Spain. We phoned Telefonica (the telephone network in Spain that has a monopoly), and they said we could sign up for ADSL with them and be connected in as little as 4 days. They own the lines, they rent them to other companies for ADSL/internet connections, but they want our money, so they make it a slow process for those companies that rent their lines for these purposes. Would this happen in USA? I doubt it would in the UK.

Oh well, must go and get another load of stuff from the car.

</RANT>

Download Site Map Creator Today

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Andy,

will this help?

http://www.europeonline.com/en/order...uct/dish.shtml

I'm thinking of going satellite here in Miami...they have some sweet deals..

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: affiliatedoctor

Parasite Free in 2003!

ABW Ambassador
    Andy
    Thanks, this looks like the business. I have ordered ADSL from Telefonica so will hopefully be back soon at a decent speed, but this is really something to consider. Great find.

Download Site Map Creator Today

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    PerfectG ...thats standard operating procedure for the Telcos in the USA. Heck AT&T is suing MCI (formerly WorldCon) and another one for jacking up LD rates by routing calls thru Canada to pick up some extra tarrif fees.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    Andy
    Thanks, this looks like the business. I have ordered ADSL from Telefonica so will hopefully be back soon at a decent speed, but this is really something to consider. Great find.

http://ez-search-engine-optimization...></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy,

Send me a few bottles of sangria when you make it big with these guys...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Europe Online offers your customers the unique possibility to have DSL access anywhere. With Europe Online's E-DSL service you do not only get
    DSL-Speed surfing but also a great variety of additional services : offline downloads at 2 Mbit/s in our Download Centre, offline video streams in our MediaThek, offline e-mail notification with E-LERT, films, music, software and much more - all via satellite WITHOUT TELEPHONE COSTS!.

So your customers save a lot of time and most of all, a lot of money!

Your advantages:
    Our interesting reseller margins will certainly convince you, and the striking sales arguments for Europe Online's E-DSL service make selling it a piece of cake.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: affiliatedoctor

Parasite Free in 2003!

Happened in the UK to me, and happened again when I moved to the US. Thankfully last two places have been apartment/townhouse communities that are pre-wired etc so I got online id a day each time.

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com
    Solutions for Affiliate Program Managers

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm thinking of going satellite here in Miami..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking of buying a satellite system so I can move out to my cabin for the summers. A friend in Northern Vermont has a system and says uploading a file is painfully slow.

Wayne

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread