Here is the email just sent to our NY-based affiliates in MyAP and to all of our affiliates on ShareASale. It was necessary to send this notification at this time. Please know I am working hard with our finance team, our legal team and Leadership to come up with a way to make this work. More than likely, I will be updating our Terms and Conditions shortly to speak specifically to this new law. Please know that I will be in contact with our New York affiliates directly to discuss all changes. If you are a ShareASale 4Checks partner, please contact me via email, PM or by phone. Thank you in advance.

Dear Valued Affiliate Partners,

First, please accept my sincere apology for this last minute notification. This situation requires careful scrutiny and the feedback of our legal team regarding direction, as well as communication with you, our valued partner. I made every attempt to analyze the situation, determine a viable solution and consult with affiliates and leaders in the industry. Here is our decision at this time:

We regret to inform you that the New York State tax laws which take effect on June 1, 2008, make it economically unfeasible for us to utilize our current payment structure for New York affiliates at this time. Numerous companies have had to make this difficult decision, which we do not take lightly. We very much value our relationships with our affiliates and are actively working on ways where we can work together again in the near future. To this end, we are aggressively developing a way to keep the revenue coming in to both our New York State affiliates and our company and will reach out to you individually in the next few days once the details have been finalized internally.

You have not been removed from our program, however effective June 1, 2008 your account will be placed on hold temporarily while we re-evaluate the payment structure opportunities on an individual basis. Please expect a call and/or email from me next week with more details.

Obviously this legislation negatively impacts your business and ours as well. We would ask you to join us in contacting your representatives in New York to voice your displeasure with this new law. Hopefully, those businesses unfairly impacted by this legislation will come together to find a solution to this issue.

Again, we are grateful for our association with you and will be in contact with you shortly to discuss other ways in which we may be able to work together.

Thank you,