Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    Incidentally, I don't see a problem with bidding on "Affiliate Summit" for example, because (and correct me if I'm wrong), Shawn and Missy aren't providing any kind of management services. It's the bidding on specific people and companies that are direct competitors that is kinda scummy.
    I would generally agree with you if he didn't have an article on his site putting them down and putting down Affiliate Summit - http://experienceadvertising.com/?p=58 -

Also, if he had said anything nice about any of his competitors, or purely jsu tleft their names of his site, I don't think as many would quite as angry, but since he felt it necessary to name them specifically on his site. They are justified in being pissed off. Nice try to get the SEO rankings on your competitors names, too bad they are better than you and still out rank you organically for their own names....

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    I would generally agree with you if he didn't have an article on his site putting them down and putting down Affiliate Summit - http://experienceadvertising.com/?p=58 -

Rolet,

He's entitled to his opinion about the conference -- for whatever its worth. Besides, my skin has gotten much thicker over the course of the years

But, that being said, I guess he thinks enough of the conference to use it as a keyword to market his business.... and to me, that says it all.
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

The article about Affiliate Summit is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    It's been deleted. I guess he learned the wrath of Missy is nothing to screw with.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

FWIW, PW has decided to put a lot more time and $$$ in to Summit. The Vegas show was the best networking event that we've attended in 3 years.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

ABW Ambassador
    FWIW - AS is a great event for all including Affiliates.
    One comment in Evan's blog may have some truth. AS could have a better spokesperson than Shawn. Shawn is a great person and organizer but I feel AS could benefit more with a well versed spokesperson at the top. Again my 2 cents

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    One comment in Evan's blog may have some truth. AS could have a better spokesperson than Shawn. Shawn is a great person and organizer but I feel AS could benefit more with a well versed spokesperson at the top. Again my 2 cents
    Just for clarification, Affiliate Summit is represented by both Missy and me.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear more details on your comment that I am not "well versed" enough?

Also, tell Evan I said hi and please do thank him for discontinuing his bidding on my name.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Have you ever had any conversations with Shawn? I have known him since way back and find him very well versed in Affiliate Marketing. If you haven't taken the time to hang around with Shawn and talk to him, what do you base your opinion on?

It's funny, when I read that comment, I thought RTD meant "well versed" as in "well spoken", like Shawn wasn't the best choice to be the voice of Summit or something. I can see how it could have been meant as "experienced in affiliate marketing".

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, of course, but I strongly disagree with either interpretation of the statement. I think Shawn's track record speaks for itself.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins
    Just for clarification, Affiliate Summit is represented by both Missy and me.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear more details on your comment that I am not "well versed" enough?

Also, tell Evan I said hi and please do thank him for discontinuing his bidding on my name.
    Shawn - I want you to know upfront that I like you, your work, AS, your knowledge of affiliate marketing and what you do. Also, I am not in touch with Evan in the recent past and you should contact him through his website if you want.

To elaborate my previous psot - let me put it with an analogy/example. Google founders brought in Eric as CEO after sometime. While I think you are a great founder of AS, I personally believe that AS could benefit from a CEO type like Eric in this example.

I know we have not interacted much one on one and my observations above were based on seeing some of your speeches / introductions on the stage at AS. Nothing personal against you. Just like Google founders realized the need for a CEO type like Eric, AS at this stage may well benefit (something for you to ponder)!

Affiliate Summit does pretty good with Shawn and Missy at the helm. Many people don't realize just how many other people are involved, between all the workers, the advisory board, etc.

Bringing in an outsider CEO wouldn't benefit Affiliate Summit at all. It's not like it can be grown from 3000 attendees to 1,000,000 attendees. Affiliate Summit is rapidly reaching what I suspect will be the end of its rapid growth. It's incredible what's been done already, with such a niche industry. They reach an incredibly large percentage of this relatively small industry.

Much of the personality of Affiliate Summit comes from Shawn and Missy, and we would lose that with an outsider running things.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    I know we have not interacted much one on one and my observations above were based on seeing some of your speeches / introductions on the stage at AS. Nothing personal against you. Just like Google founders realized the need for a CEO type like Eric, AS at this stage may well benefit (something for you to ponder)!
    I am not sure where you are coming from - I did some of the introductions at our first conference in 2003, but we've had an MC handle those things for the eight Affiliate Summits since then.

At the past Affiliate Summit in Las Vegas, I read the finalists for our awards with Missy on the Monday evening. No speeches or anything from me - I was on and off inside of 15 minutes.

I didn't take the stage at all in Miami last summer.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

ABW Ambassador
    Shawn - Perhaps my expectations were a bit different!. May be you delegate to a MC most of the stage stuff (which is not a bad idea) but perhaps I was expecting more strong voice / speech / stage-led aura from you which I felt was lacking.

I can see that you are doing something great pulling in a large crowd multiple times a year and organizing a great show. So, no doubt you or your team is doing heckuva of a job.

http and a telephoto
    I split this from the general trademark bidding thread about Experience Advertising because it was way off topic from how the thread was started. Carry on
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Summit isn't about the people who run it or put it on, it is all about the people who attend.

RTD - I totally disagree with you - I follow SC on twitter, and read his blog, I think he is the perfect presence for AS - his personality, sense of humor, knowledge, the way he interacts with others...Above anything AS feels real because it is not a corporate suit, but rather a real man who interacts with everyone and doesn't try to always be in the spotlight.

Both Shawn and Missy have made a success out of AS and it is because of them it has grown to be what it is...

ABW Ambassador
    Rolet, I agree with everything you said of SC and Missy. They are great people.
    If SC can pull off one or two great speeches at AS on stage, I think it will portray him better IMO. That would also address that Evan's nasty comment on Shawn.

Rolet, we can agree to disagree on few things. Right?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Affiliate Summit isn't about the people who run it or put it on, it is all about the people who attend.
    I have a feeling you would make a great politician. LOL

Rolet, we can agree to disagree on few things. Right?
    No - I am right, always right and insist that everyone agrees with me!

Of course we can agree to disagree on this, because obvisouly we do.

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Deb, someone was impersonating me? What did the post say? lol
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

http and a telephoto
    Actually I just re-read it, and they were pretending to be Shawn. They mentioned mc'ing the summit, and I thought they meant the last one, and it was one in 2003.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Actually I just re-read it, and they were pretending to be Shawn. They mentioned mc'ing the summit, and I thought they meant the last one, and it was one in 2003.
    If they were wearing a baseball hat and a goofy T-shirt, it was probably Shawn ;-)
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread