Cable, Satellite, Fios - What's really the best?
    I've had cable for almost 20 years and I'm really tired of paying the ever raised rates. I can recall the movie theater marquees in the 70s displaying "Stop Pay TV". Well, for most of us, free TV is no longer an option.

They just butchered up my street and dug in the cables for FIOS, and am now rethinking which way to go. Have the Time Warner Cable triple play package (tv,internet,phone) but would like to consider the other options.

What's your experience?

thanks

Go with FIOS. They have similar d/l speeds to cable on the basic package, but the u/l speeds are much faster. Also, I don't think there is the same drag on the network that cable has at its busy times (after work/school when everyone in the neighborhood is using it.) If you need the additional d/l speeds, they are available for an additional price too. Also, if you are a gamer, the additional speed might benefit you.

-sfcom

I've had FIOS for Internet and phone service for about a year and a half, they're great! And like sfcom says, upload speeds are much improved over cable.

FIOS TV service is still ramping up and working out the bugs (so I've heard), and there are still problems with their DVR software that will take a bit longer to get nailed down. But it's improving quickly since they're the new kids on the block, so to speak.

As soon as one of my current TiVos die again, I'm going to switch from DirecTV over to FIOS as well. I'll cry a few tears for leaving tivo behind, but life goes on...

Good luck!

-Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

thanks for the replies. I've been leaning towards FIOS. Just been waiting for someone to talk me out of it but haven't heard from dissatisfied customers yet.

Fios.

fios is what it is the best residential internet in the USA, it sort of like cable except its much quicker and wont slow down in the coming years(cable and dsl will slow down to a crawl soon),it also provides basic cable channels, there is for all time a catch, its pricy and not everything is availble where u live

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    What is FIOS?

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    What is FIOS?
    I was wondering too. http://www22.verizon.com/content/ConsumerFiOS/

Looks good, wished we had that here.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I guess I have to stick with TW RR.

Verizon FiOS Internet Service is not currently available for your address. Our network is continually being expanded, and we don't want you to miss the opportunity to get this state-of-the-art Internet service.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread