SAS Deals feed and merchants that people have no relationship with
    It appears to me that the SAS deal feed is every deal in their database. So if an affiliate downloads the feed they are going to get everything - even for merchants they have no relationship with. So the first thing an affiliate has to do is filter out the ones that they cannot use.

Am I mistaken? I hope so.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Shareasale have a Custom Error Redirect - affiliates can use that to automatically determine which merchants they are an affiliate of and cancel/remove merchants from their own databases. It comes in quite handy for the reason you speak of!

You're not mistaken. It would be nice to have notjoined and joined paramaters like the CJ API has. Whoops there's that word again API Hehehe

Thanks. So then what would an affiliate read/pull in via a cron job to get just the coupons for programs that they are a member of.

Hey Brian - drop me a PM. Let's talk about me writing you an API. I can make it happen.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Everyday - but you'd get them all, whether you displayed them or not would be down to you knowing if you were an affiliate or not. You'd set a flag that said "notjoined" by default, when you joined you'd unflag it, then it would be displayed on your site.

It appears to me that the SAS deal feed is every deal in their database. So if an affiliate downloads the feed they are going to get everything - even for merchants they have no relationship with.
    Not so. I can get current deals for only my merchants or I can get all deals. Easy set up for affiliates.

Correct. What Bumpaw said. You can customize your feed to present only active deals from your merchant partners.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Kevin/Bumpaw: How do you get it automatically - that is what I was looking for. Via FTP. Right now in FTP you get the entire database. What do I FTP to get just the merchants that I have a relationship with.
    ---
    ---

Parse it through RSS using the Advanced Database feed. Click the little orange XML button.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

That brings me back to where I started. An affiliate can already download the entire deals database via FTP and parse it.
    ---
    ---

Hmmm. Guess so.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by BatteryFuelPatrick
    That brings me back to where I started. An affiliate can already download the entire deals database via FTP and parse it.
    Good luck on this Patrick,

Now you might feel the same way I have been feeling for the past two years, but I just hope you don't get the same bashing I got for asking that same question before.

Anyway I no longer care, I have found the light!

Oh I am a PHP/MySQL whiz so a solution is not hard at all. But I was just asking to make sure I was not blind.
    ---
    ---

ABW Ambassador
    I had this problem years ago, I requested it to be fixed and Brian created the "Quick Deals of Current Merchants" feed which there is a link to on the deals page if you look for it. It also doesn't include out dated promotions too so you get a nice light feed.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

glinted - but can you FTP it
    ---
    ---

Strange. All this talk about obtaining the deals database via FTP has me wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I've been getting it just by appending "dealdatabase2.xml" to the homepage url. With a little bit of code (using .NET) I have automated the process.

As for the other issues (i.e. size, joined and not joined info included), these can and should be solved on SAS's end. How about that API?

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread