Affiliate Manager
    Newbie question...did a search I swear!
    There is just so much information here...I am drowning in it! I just signed up with SAS and want to do a paid announcement as soon as I have it 100%....I have 3 questions...

Phone tracking...I placed the code on my site...but right now I am not seeing anything...should I see something appear...or does the code only show when someone is referred by an affiliates link...

Is there a way I can TEST my own program without signing in as an affiliate? I want to see what an affiliate sees so I can make sure everything is perfect....a trial run thru per se

and last.....my BASE commission is a certain percent...but I offer 2 product lines that I want to offer higher commissions....what is the best way to set this up in SAS...or do I have to do it manually for orders that are are received in those categories?

THANKS so much!!!

Jill

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by jill8026
    There is just so much information here...I am drowning in it! I just signed up with SAS and want to do a paid announcement as soon as I have it 100%....I have 3 questions...

Phone tracking...I placed the code on my site...but right now I am not seeing anything...should I see something appear...or does the code only show when someone is referred by an affiliates link...

Is there a way I can TEST my own program without signing in as an affiliate? I want to see what an affiliate sees so I can make sure everything is perfect....a trial run thru per se

and last.....my BASE commission is a certain percent...but I offer 2 product lines that I want to offer higher commissions....what is the best way to set this up in SAS...or do I have to do it manually for orders that are are received in those categories?

THANKS so much!!!

Jill
    All three of your questions actually need to be addressed by you calling/emailing Shareasale customer support directly. If the phone tracking code isn't showing on your page they need to look at it and tell you why. If their is no affiliate ID then there will be the generic number 22 in the code area.

If you want to offer specific commissions on specific products there is additional coding that needs to be done on your site and from Shareasale, it is not the standard pixel and it also involves a complete datafeed of your products being made available to Shareasale.

Hope this helps, but you need to get on the phone to their office on Monday. These aren't questions that can be answered completely in the forum because they are specific tech issues they need to address with your site.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Debbie.....I appreciate your help...I though that might be the case but I was hoping to get everything set up today to launch.....patience is not my best quality but I do want everything perfect before launching!!!

The phone code has to be me then.....I will take care of that.....thank you!

:-)

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread