ABW Ambassador
    Program Expiration Dates and the Holidays
    I'm in my getting ready for the Christmas Shopping season countdown, and one of the things I've vowed not to get burned by this year, is having merchants end or switch their programs to another network from September through December. So I've gone through and checked all of the dates I could. Found a few that are of concern. (Added a new column to my ever growing spreadsheet.)

The ones whose programs come up for renewal at this time of year are at the bottom of my priority list. The season is just too important. I'm not deleting any merchant, but I'm going to make sure that contingency plans are in place so I don't have to sit up all night and make new links. Or have an important holiday shopping niche left empty.

My degree of cynicism is reaching new highs lately. Partly this is my warning to merchants. I've been burned by so much lately (and I don't even live in NY!) that I have gone into overdrive to protect my cash flow.

Merchants -Don't expect me to happily put up your links if you can't guarantee me a Christmas Season. By guarantee, I mean extend your program NOW! Telling me everything is going to be fine, won't cut it. Too many mechants have come here in the fall and said Oh, we can't help it, we have to change now, sorry it's November and all..etc.etc.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    So I've gone through and checked all of the dates I could. Found a few that are of concern. (Added a new column to my ever growing spreadsheet.)
    Checked what dates? Where are the dates? Sorry but I'm so confused right now.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread