Linkshare coupon feeds?
    Hello,

I'm trying to automate receiving of coupon data from Linkshare, but I'm having a problem doing this. Does anyone know where a feed for this can be found?

The information on their 'Consumer Promotions button' (on the page after you log in) is the information I am after on a daily basis since it lists the coupons and expiration dates. Does anyone know if this is the only place this information can be found from Merchants (other then by email)?

They have RSS feeds for each merchant, but when I signed up for these, all I mainly get is specific product information which I am not interested in.

I can easily get automated coupon feeds from CJ, SAS, and Performics, but i haven't been able to figure out it out from Linkshare.

Thanks.

Dave Stack
    Last edited by loxly; June 1st, 2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: removed manual sig link drop

Cool

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Hi, i am also looking for data feed for coupons. Can you tell me how to get automated feed from cj, performics and SAS?

Ok, I will try to make a serious reply.

To summarize and paraphrase LinkShare's most helpful replies to this very query:

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to automate the downloading of LinkShare merchant offers

You can get a list of current offers by clicking in the Consumer Promotions section of the LinkShare home page (bottom left corner), But it only shows promotions for the current month, and it does not include any offer links (only a general link to each merchant's LinkShare page).

You can also get a list of LinkShare merchants with coupon and free shipping offers on the Link Locator page, but this page has no links whatsoever (maybe they should call it the Non-Link Locator page).

Why LinkShare is so far behind the times (and their competitors) on this issue is a great mystery.

Linkshare is definitely working on something, I emailed them last week & got a canned reply but if you look at the WebServices page here:

http://cli.linksynergy.com/cli/publi...ebServices.php

You'll notice a help link on the right to "Using the Coupon Web Service" so something does exist, but it's not available yet.

Just a heads up, the new Coupon Webservice launched today

Thanks for your info

I've been working with LinkShare as one of their beta testers for their new XML coupon feed. It is awesome! They finally have their act together when it comes to providing a decent feed.

I'm signed up with most of their merchants on their site and currently there is about 1800 coupons available. Data seems to be pretty good with not a whole lot of junk in the feed. Also each coupon is labeled as 'percent off', 'dollar off', 'free shipping', etc so it makes it very easy to classify what each coupon is.

A+ for linkshare! I highly recommend you all check it out and sign up.

Feedback On Goldencan
    I'm a newbie, and in the midst of dealing with the initial learning curve, I ran across GoldenCAN which seems to offer a store structure and datafeed management. Some of the better vendors on the system seem to be "4th click" providers, meaning that they're part of the 4th click compensation system for GC.

I've found some other datafeed consolidators, but they have quoted $500-$1500 a month for managing the feeds, which seems slightly deranged since I have no idea what kind of income, if any, will come out of my initial foray into this biz.

Any feelings on whether this is a good way to go for a newbie?

Gregg

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I usually crap on Linkshare pretty hard, but I have to admit that the Linkshare coupon feed is pretty decent in that in has a clear start and end date defined.

The xml format is also a good thing. It took me about 15 minutes to write a script to pull all promotion types from my merchants.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread