Outsorced Affiliate Network
    I am new to this forum so I appologize if this is the wrong place to post this..

My company is a start-up. However, we are building our brand at a rapid rate. We were the main sponsor of an Indy Car in this year's Indy 500 and will be a major sponsor on the same car for the rest of the season.

My question is this.. I want to start an affiliate program. Obviously, Performics, CJ, & LinkShare have pretty expensive start up fees for a start-up company.. Would you recommend outsourcing the program to an outsourced affiliate management team or what would you recommend for the site?

Thanks in advance!

If it something that you do not have alot of experience with or if you cannot dedicate a person to growing that channel I would say yes. This could be darn by a person part time to start off with, but if it grows you will need to dedicate a full time resource to it.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

I agree.. do you have a person you would recommend?

Maybe SAS fits his requirements? I know the startup costs are lower. You're right though Patrick, the network doesn't do the affiliate management end so they would need a dedicated employee or outsourced program manager. Lots of OPMs here to talk to. Welcome to ABW Bidaroo!

There are several on here that might pipe and recommend themselves. I don't want to seem partial because I have only worked with a couple of them. But let's wait and see if one of them pipe in.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

We offer outsourced program management and are currently SAS exclusive with all our programs. Feel free to contact me at aunesty at rolet dot com to answer any questions.

Online Marketing Consultant
    A lot of the networks do offer internal management, however, with the ones you mentioned, you will end up with a ton of bad players, etc... in your program which you want to avoid.

Share A Sale is fantastic for what you are describing in many ways, from the low start up costs of $350 with a $100 deposit and more. I also have a couple other recommendations and thoughts for you. I also work for an outsourced program management company and would enjoy speaking to you. adam @ downtownecommerce.com and please feel free to use the phone number in my signature as well.

Also, we have a ton of experience in the auction industry, but the first thing we would recommend to you is to remove all of the affiliate links from you site and homepage.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Actually SAS raised their prices over a month ago and it is now $550.00 to launch and a $100 deposit...

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    Actually SAS raised their prices over a month ago and it is now $550.00 to launch and a $100 deposit...
    That's news to me. We just launched a program less than a month ago at the $350 + $100 deposit. They may have changed it though during launch and we got grandfathered in somehow.

So it is in their blog that they updated this and raised it, which means our clients were grandfathered in, but it was not announced except in the blog. Thanks for pointing that out. =0)
    Last edited by Rollerblader; June 1st, 2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: talked to Rolet
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Bidaroo,

We offer fully outsourced affiliate program management (www.amwso.com), feel free to contact me to discuss (chris /at/ amwso.net)

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Can you explain how "Lilly" was the winning bidder for a Nintendo Wii at $29?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Bidaroo, will have to call you that as you didn't indicate a name. Have seen your brand mentioned at our local affiliate marketing group. Its hard to evaluate the opportunity as your site resolves to https: The affiliate link leaks are a red flag too!

Before we consider taking on a new program we ask the same questions:
    What is your online revenue last month?
    What is you site conversion?
    What are your marketing efforts?
    Do you have budget in mind for the affiliate program?

If you are interested in discussing I have sent an email with my contact information.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread