Post A discussion of the Zlio online store concept
    Hi all

As I came across Zlio.com a week ago, I have been doing some research on them as well as topics like the cashback affiliate, affiliate of an affiliate, etc. And as today I have finally create my Zlio store to see how's their promised service. So here I'm to start this thread to share some thoughts and have some discussion with all of you here.

Firstly a lil background info on Zlio.com, as you may or may not know, Zlio offers its user the opportunity to create their own free online store, you can customise you store, pick the products you want to sell and you will receive commission for actions made (by your visitors or even yourself). You can promote your "store" to you friends, family, etc and they can also create their store and you receive commissions.

Having said that, Zlio is the typical example of Cashback Incentive site with the Super affiliate (affiliate of an affiliate) ingredient.

I'm full aware that there're two school of thoughts that back both sides. And great posts can be found in ABestweb if you search these two topics.

However, IMHO, I think this business model is a good one (subject to they are doing legit business, e.g. no parasites, BHOs, etc and they do pay in time as they promised to do so) The service is obviously a value-added one because;
    1) Not everyone has their own websites to join affiliate networks and do their affiliate marketing. So the service provide like Zlio and aStore (oh did i forget to mention Amazon's aStore is in the same market?) provides everybody in the globe an opportunity to take a dip in the online marketing world

2) You receive cashback for the stuff you actually want to purchase anyway. So why not? Maybe you will find the products a lot more cheaper without even go to cashback sites? I don't know. But if we rationally decided to actually purchase things at this very particular second/time, I assume that we think its worth it even if only in that very moment. Obviously you can find even cheaper products in the world, but it doesn't necessarily mean what you bought earlier is all that bad

3) The creating and customising your own store is a fun one indeed. Those things may sound a little stupid, but once you use it, you will be addicted to it. Myspace, anyone?

4) You can SEO your store (subdomain of zlio, e.g. yourstorename.zlio.com) and even add google analytics to it. For anyone who loves the challenge of getting high ranks will love it.

5) For merchants, it does increase conversion rate.

However, with Zlio, there're quite a few shortcomings,

1) The search product facility is a drag, you have to know what you looking for in order to find the products. Normally I want to go into a category and see whats all available before making any decesion

2)Many products have no image which is a big no-no.

3) Not that many merchants as they said. On the compare price table, most of the time I only see one merchant's product.

Nevertheless, Zlio does seem to have a good brand name in this field. And this is why I'm here to start this discussion on how to eat this big zlio fish for any small fish out there who wants to enter this market? There seems to be some barrier to entry (e.g. big players such as Amazon, ebay all make online store type of business hard to compete). And is this even a potential good market one should tap into in the first place I ask myself??

I hope I have helped a bit to those who didn't know about Zlio and their business model. And for those who understand what I'm talking about, your feedbacks, discussions are more than welcome, don't kill my passion to post on ABestWeb again

P.S I'm starting my (edited out) new post will be added daily reflecting the new things, knowledge, insights, etc etc I gained/learned everyday and like to share with everyone . I might be a newbie, but everyone starts from Zero
    Last edited by Trust; June 2nd, 2008 at 04:24 AM. Reason: link drop

ABW Ambassador
    So you made your store today and yet you know they pay? And you think customizing a page in myspace is fun? And I am not even going to try and decipher this...
    2) You receive cashback for the stuff you actually want to purchase anyway. So why not? Maybe you will find the products a lot more cheaper without even go to cashback sites? I don't know. But if we rationally decided to actually purchase things at this very particular second/time, I assume that we think its worth it even if only in that very moment. Obviously you can find even cheaper products in the world, but it doesn't necessarily mean what you bought earlier is all that bad
    Thanks for warning us away from zlio.

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    So you made your store today and yet you know they pay? And you think customizing a page in myspace is fun? And I am not even going to try and decipher this...

Thanks for warning us away from zlio.
    Hey Chetf

Thx for your feedback, you're the first.

Nah, of course I don't know if they pay, in fact never said they will pay or not pay. Customizing a page for some ppl will be fun and to others might be a drag of course. everyone has different tastes.

And I'm not trying to sell the new store i just made at all as you can see i didn't even include a link to it.

The one and only purpose I wrote this is to make some contributions to the community, share Zlio.com and its online business model to those who don't yet and have (possibly) some discussion with those who'd likes to find and sharing new thinkings, ideas that would mutually benefit everyone

If you haven't fully read the positive and negative sides (and what I wrote might not full capture the whole truth in itself too) of Zlio (or any other matters), it isn't such a good idea to jump to conclusion, but then again it is your call.

hmm, I had a link in my post who links to my personal new blog i was talking about, but apparently it got droped . .. Is there anyway to add links which doesnt involve advertising at all (like the one i linked). Anyone can help?

ABW Ambassador
    No link drops, stuff can be shared here. Sig rights come much later.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    No link drops, stuff can be shared here. Sig rights come much later.
    Ok, thx trust

But I guess I have to get 250 posts before i can have sig rights.

oh well.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread