(2008) Any1 who advertise for Sara Freder and got declined?
    Hi there,
    I have been advertising for Sara Freder Horoscope for a couple of years already. Recently around end of MAY, I checked that my application to continue to advertise for Sara Freder was declined. I have not receive any notification email from the merchant or Shareasale.com regarding this.

Any1 who shares the same prob or knows what is going on? I have already contacted the Sara Freder Merchant for the 3rd time and still, there is no reply or response from them. Could anybody here help me out please.

Thanks so much in advance.
    Joel Guo

I got an email from them on the 29th to say that google adwords campaigns were no longer allowed for certain countries. Quote from the email below. Is it possible that you were doing adwords?

"Merchant provided summary of changes:
    Country Customers: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United Stats. No direct Google AdWords campaigns."

Hi Sue,
    Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to reach my thread.

All along, I did not use google adwords campaigns for the Sara Freder advertisements. I merely get the banner of Sara Freder ads and post them on my sites.

O ya,
    I forgot to mention that I was not from any of the above mentioned countries. I am from Singapore.

The email also mentions that you are not allowed to promote in any language other than English. But I think that is all it said. It sounds as if you really need to keep trying to contact them.

Sue.

Hi Sue,
    Yeah, the html code for the banner link on my site were taken from the merchant itself. I did not modify any of its code. I believe it is all in English.
    Nonetheless, thank you so much for your time and effort. I really appreciate that.
    Hope the merchant comes to this forum and read my thread.
    Joel

Maybe open a Help ticket with SAS?

Hi there,
    Sorry as I am new to this forum. How do I go about opening a Help ticket with SAS?
    Would you care to show me?
    Many thanks,
    Joel

Log in to your account, look in the upper right corner of the page. I'm not in there right now so I can't give more precise instructions, but the link for Help is up there and just follow the instructions.

If you've been promoting them for years already, why then would you have to apply for their program now?

:: puzzled look::
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Erm I am not too sure myself.
    Just late last month (May), when I logged into my Shareasale.com account again, the status for the Sara Freder program became "declined." When i tried to click "Join Program" again, it reads " You have already applied for this program. Your application for this merchant program was declined, you will no longer be able to participate in this program."
    Honestly, I get a little disturb with the fact that the application gets declined without my knowledge. There was no notification email nor was I informed about this. Even if I happen to violate any of their policy, the least they could do is to let me know about it.

I had contacted Shareasale.com regarding this and hope that they will get back to me soon.

SAS does not monitor your account and send notifications, that's up to you. You can get a lot of your account information via RSS so you can keep up to date without logging in, but it is always best to monitor your account daily to keep your promotions current, and to see what else you could promote.
    Sometimes a big sale goes through and puts merchants temporarily offline. I you don't monitor your account you could leave links in place that cannot produce any income. Some merchants go offline "temporarily" for a long time.

But this wasn't a merchant going offline ... it was one that deactivated an existing aff relationship. I know we get emails when we apply to a program. Are there none sent out if a merchant removes us from their program some months later?

Yea,
    I kind of respect where 2busy is coming from. But I share the same thought as Sue. If we do receive emails notifications when the programs we applied for is accepted, I don't see why there should be an absense of emails notifying us that the merchant that we had been advertising on decides to decline our application. Sometimes, you just have not have the luxury of time to log onto SAS daily to check your status.

I just mentioned merchants going offline as an example of reasons to monitor your account. I have no idea if an email is sent when a merchant later declines an approved affiliate, I would expect that they do.
    My point was that the aff should be monitoring their account. No full time frame is given regarding the problem, but SAS can deactivate an account if you don't log in for several months and aren't sending traffic. If that was the only merchant promoted and that merchant had declined the affiliate, the account could be closed if they never log in.
    Could be just a spam filter situation, the aff needs to contact the merchant via their site or via the SAS interface and not wait for the merchant to see their question in this thread which may never happen.
    Personally I have never heard of an application to continue promoting a merchant but if they recently changed their terms they may have required it?

Erm for your information, I had already tried contacting the merchant of Sara Freder for the 3rd time before I start this thread. So I did what I could have done and did not expect or wait (like you mention) for the merchant to see their question in this thread.
    There was still no reply or response from the merchant. Anyway, I had already contacted SAS and hopefully, they would be able to help me contact the Sara Freder merchant and notify them of my problem.

Hi there,
    SAS had reply to my emails and this is what it says in the Help Ticket:
    Hi Joel,
    It is the merchant's choice to remove affiliates from their program and they do not tell us why. If you would like us to pass along an email to the merchant on your behalf please compose a message and reply to this email with the message.
    Thanks,
    Ashleigh Nies
    ShareASale Support
    shareasale@shareasale.com

That didn't really help much. As of course, I would certainly want the merchant to know about this and when I try to compose a message and reply to this email, it keeps bringing me to an error page. It just gets more and more fustrating.

The error page that I was brought to reads:
    " ERROR: You do not have enough permissions to access this page. Please log in by entering your Email Address and Password. "

Angry Yes I have the same story
    Hi,

I am naveen from India. I have the same story I was also promoting for 1 year appx. suddenly got declined from sara freder. I was using adword. I have written to them also that I am using it. But then too suddenly after some months i got a blank letter from them declined in subjected. After then i tried much to contact them but i didnt got any answer from them. Even SAS also told me they are unable to get me to contact them.

If right now you are not using sara then what are you promoting now and earning. I am unable to find any earning from any merchant otherthan sara.

Naveen Sharma

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread