Well - it's finally happened.

I've obviously got too successfull, and my site has been blatantly copied.

The site sitesellers.net is a copy of my site www.usefulwebsitesltd.com and I need to get them shut down.

Has anybody go a definitive list of what to do, who to contact etc.?

Currently, I've sent an email to the person listed in whois, and I guess I need to contact their hosting company and presumably Google, but who else?

Thanks for any help.

Graham

“There are only two settings, stun and kill...it would be best not to confuse them.”
    --Malcom Reed

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hard Pressure their hosting company. Sending e-mail threats to the copier is OK, but no action will come till their hosting company threatens to shut down their site with one flick of the switch.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I always email the person and also contact their host.
    And coming here and letting us know also lets us email them and tell them what we think of them copying someone else's site!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    And coming here and letting us know also lets us email them and tell them what we think of them copying someone else's site!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

“There are only two settings, stun and kill...it would be best not to confuse them.”
    --Malcom Reed

ABW Ambassador
    Be sure and take screen shots pronto for supporting evidence that can be used against them legally before they pull it down.

Find out who they are and email them threatening prosecution if they do not pull it within avery short timespan.

I didn't really look at your site in detail (just a quick glimpse was all that was needed) but if you have affiliate links make sure you click on their links and save off the cookies with their affiliate ids. Send the cookies with the other evidence to the networks and ask them to completely banish them from all programs and request their ability to participate in other affiliate marketing be terminated all together.

I'm sure there is more but can't think of it right now.

We've been pretty lucky so far but of course our sites are so darn ugly and hard to maintain no one in their right mind would copy them - LOL.

Maybe one day we'll run into this problem but I sure hope not.

Best of luck with getting these scumbags taken care of!

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

Chilling Effects has a large database of Cease and Desist notices, often invoking the DMCA (it's a US thing).

You can send a C&D to Google, the host and the website owner. Use the ones in the database to get a feel for the wording.

Actually, the host - clevercast.com - has the same contact details as sitesellers.net. Looks like their hosting might actually be done by Net Access Corporation, email abuse@nac.net

You may be interested to know that the site stealer is dreamerscove, an ABW member . Check the screen names at clevercast.com and then do a search for posts here.

I guess when her ISP terminates her internet connection it's really going to piss off her hosting customers.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

ABW Ambassador
    OK, well I guess a red flag should be raised anytime someone comes around here and says........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We're not here to rip anyone off.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Un huh.
    Great legwork Moo. If I ever need a detective, It looks like I'll be calling you.

PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The site sitesellers.net is a copy of my site<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Submit your site name and the bogus one to: http://pirated-sites.com/ They'll post screen shots of them both and imortalize them as SiteStealers forever.

Wayne

Hey that's an interesting site NothernStudio

________

Graham,

I am curious to know how you discovered this theif?

kky2k

I am curious to know how you discovered this theif?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually by accident. A customer emailed me to ask (among other things) whether these people were affiliates of mine. I didn't recognise the name so went and had a look.

The weird thing is, some of the graphics etc. that replaced mine are actually quite good. But that doesn't excuse copying my general design, layouts, navigation, text, and more!

Why these people cannot spend an extra few hours designing the site themselves rather than copying an exisitng site beats me.

--Malcom Reed

I just noticed that dreamerscove even copied your avatar!

________

I just noticed that dreamerscove even copied your avatar!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe I should be flattered?

I've emailed her(?) together with her host and Google - and posted the details on that copy site (thanks for that!). Anything else anyone can think of - or do I now just wait and see what happens?

--Malcom Reed

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Anything else anyone can think of .. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Simply out of curiosity, you might ask her about the similarity between these two pages:

http://www.clevercast.com/design.php
    http://www.host4net.com/design/design.htm
    (note: the second link gives a newsletter pop-up.)

Wayne

I guess it's 'once a copier - always a copier'

The price for website designs seems a bit steep if all she does is copies other sites!

--Malcom Reed

ABW Ambassador
    There are too many copiers on the Internet. The scary part is that you can never catch them all, so right now your website's copies may be out there....

CleverCast.com? Aren't they a merchant with Shareasale?
    http://www.shareasale.com/out-search...tegory=hosting

VAN.

Thanks for your help everyone.

The offending site has just been removed.

I guess I'm now going to have to spend more time checking that other copies aren't appearing...

--Malcom Reed

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread