Swingin' for the fences...
    I couldn't really think of a better place to put this since it made me chuckle a bit.

We had just moved into our new neighborhood this past fall. Now that the weather is a little nicer, people walk around the neighborhood every now and then, especially in the evenings after dinner.

Well, I was outside the other evening doing a little yardwork and a couple stopped and introduced themselves. They were about my age, maybe a tad bit older. We ended up talking for a little bit and they invited my wife and I over for dinner "sometime this month"...not the kids though which I thought was a bit weird. Of course, I told them that would be great and they went on their way.

After they left, my neighbor came over and told me what I had suspected. They are married, but have an "open" relationship. AKA: swingers. Makes me feel a little weird to say the least. So, should I take them up on their offer (JUST dinner) or would I be crazy to do so? They seemed nice enough and I know people can [sometimes] seperate their sex lives from their personal and business lives. Remind me to say no to the alcohol if I do... lol. Also, I have not told my wife. I just told her that they wanted us to come over for dinner...figured that she could know the rest if we ended up not going.

Your opinions are welcome! Yes/No/Maybe/Never/Always, whatever.

-sfcom

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Uhhhhh, some neighborhoods just offer a fruit basket, to new neighbors, lol.

Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I bet you'd be surprised if you just showed your wife this post. My bet would be she would not only be open for going to dinner ( afterall, a nice nice night out w/o the kids ) but she also might be interested in just meeting new and potentially different freinds.
    Am I missing the chuckle part somewhere? Doesn't everyone swing?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    LOL - made me chuckle too SFcom!

I say go - if anything for the sheer amusement of watching what they do, if the food is good, how they attempt to draw you into their "lifestyle" (IF they do.)

I suggest NOT telling your wife until after you've gone to dinner. Why trip her out if nothing happens which is the likelier scenario. Unless she'd get a kick out of watching them operate in which case tell her and enjoy the "joke" together.

And besides, they might be interesting people. You don't have to accept any "offers" and can still be friends if you end up liking them.

No IOWNIE, not "everyone" swings! Geesh ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hmmm...Welcome Wagon with a Mattress. eh?

Seriously, don't know what to suggest. Might be interesting...might be quite awkward.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    YouTube it. Just watch out when they say it's time for dessert and let friends and family know where you went, just in case.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I suggest NOT telling your wife until after you've gone to dinner.
    Oh, but I would love to see her face if the topic of conversation was brought up AT dinner!!! You'd be in the doghouse so fast, lolll!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    Uhhhhh, some neighborhoods just offer a fruit basket, to new neighbors, lol.

Life sure isn't as simple as it used to be. I guess I would take dinner over a fruit basket any day. Just not sure about the after-dinner part. Although the neighbor who told me that could just have a screw loose. I guess there is only one way to find out if they are who she says they are. This could get interesting...

-sfcom

I'd tell your wife but ensure that you explained that you accepted the invitation ahead of time. Full disclosure is always best.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

I say go and find out if the rumor is true....don't tell the wife though....otherwise everything that is said and done will be considered a pick up...plus you never know, if they are swingers and hit on the two of you after dinner, or before, it may just give her a HUGE ego boost and every woman enjoys being hit on....

And think years from now, when you are sitting around with your grown children and can retell the story.....

I want to move to Rolet's neighborhood!
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

I say go and find out if the rumor is true....don't tell the wife though....otherwise everything that is said and done will be considered a pick up...plus you never know, if they are swingers and hit on the two of you after dinner, or before, it may just give her a HUGE ego boost and every woman enjoys being hit on....
    Life sure isn't as simple as it used to be. I guess I would take dinner over a fruit basket any day. Just not sure about the after-dinner part.
    But what if...

What if, if your neighbor is right...

What if, if the wine or water is loaded...

What if, if the spice in the food is not salt and pepper because they use granulated blue pills to get in the mood after diner...

What if, if you go eat and the next morning when you wake up, there are at least four people in that room...

What if, if your new neighbor is real the swinger, and may have told you that to see if you fling...

And...

What if, if after all is said and done, you become a swinger too...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    We can always count on Mr. Sal to make a funny situation even funnier.

SF - from what I've heard about such get-togethers, remember not to take your keys.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    We can always count on Mr. Sal to make a funny situation even funnier.

SF - from what I've heard about such get-togethers, remember not to take your keys.
    Are you sure it's just something that you've heard - or have you experienced it???

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Are you sure it's just something that you've heard - or have you experienced it???
    Heard, BB, heard.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

mmmmm hmmmmmm AffiliateHound......we believe you........

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    mmmmm hmmmmmm AffiliateHound......we believe you........
    As well you should.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    But what if...

What if, if your neighbor is right...

What if, if the wine or water is loaded...

What if, if the spice in the food is not salt and pepper because they use granulated blue pills to get in the mood after diner...

What if, if you go eat and the next morning when you wake up, there are at least four people in that room...

What if, if your new neighbor is real the swinger, and may have told you that to see if you fling...
    I think we've touched on one of Mr. Sal's secret fantasies.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

You guys should feel complemented, I mean, they undoubtedly checked you two out and discussed it before inviting you over, lol. Just make sure your adult dating affiliate sites are up to spec, you might make some sales.....! In fact, there's your way to indirectly 'feel them out'. They ask what you do, you say you sell all sorts of products online, they say what type, you mention the basics, the shoe store, the apparel mall, the game store....and then you slip in some lingerie site........ I hear the Jaws theme music in the background, hehe...
    Last edited by Thomas A. Rice; June 3rd, 2008 at 09:15 AM.

I've seen this scenario played out, but in reverse. I designed a custom home for a rather conservative couple. They invited the neighbors for an open house hot tub party. Four of them were swingers, showed up at the front door totally naked except for their shoes and jumped right into their hot tub.
    ~Ernie

"Uh, officer, there are nekkid people in my hot tub? Honey, where is the ultra bleach???"

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    You guys should feel complemented, I mean, they undoubtedly checked you two out and discussed it before inviting you over, lol.
    Being viewed as prey does not make me feel better. Then again, they might only have dinner on their minds and that is it.

For those wondering, the only two options are go or not go. "Participation" is out of the question (if it happened to even come up.) The whole scenario is just a bit intimidating. Maybe I should just ask them to go out to dinner at a nice restaurant instead.

-sfcom

Affiliate Network Rep
    Inviting them to dinner is a bit more formal - the idea of inviting a neighbor to dinner is to get to know them (although..not as much as they'd think!)

I think you should go to the dinner, and stay sober
    Nick Nelson | nick at aff.biz | Skype: snickn | Phone: 312.282.4515
    Aff.biz Coming Soon - Midphase.com, ANHosting.com, US2.net & UK2.net
    Join now!
    We're serious about Affiliates! - Free Hosting for all Affiliates, ask me how.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread