Mr. GoldenCan
    GoldenCAN new Keyword Store & Keyword Category Store Features
    We are very excited to announce two new great features into GoldenCAN.

1. Keyword Store

2. Keyword Category Store

Keyword Store
    “Keyword Store” option enables you to create a store for any specific keyword or search term such as DVD player, Camera, apparel, Shoes, Camcorder.

Keyword Store will display the search results depending on how many and what kind of merchants you have in your store. There is no limit on how many merchants you can have in your keyword store. You can add as many merchants as you like as long as you are approved for the merchant’s affiliate program. Keyword Store gives you the ability of having unique combination of products and contents on your website.

Keyword Category Store
    “Keyword Category Store” option enables you to create a store for multiple keywords or search terms as categories.

Once you create the Keyword Category Store, you can add up-to 15 sub categories under the store. You can define the display text and search keyword for each individual category. This way you can create a unique store with different categories.

Keyword Category Store and Each sub category will display the search results depending on how many and what kind of merchants you have in your store.

Are there any SEO Benefits in Keyword Store?
    Yes, you can use GoldenCAN GetData feature via PHP, ASP, .Net or any other programming language and have full contents on your website in real time. Depending on how many and what combination of merchants you have in your store and what kind of search keyword you have specified, chances are that your store will be displaying unique combination of products with the description length of your choice.

Can I create one keyword store and then insert the search keywords dynamically as needed?
    Yes, you can insert the search keyword into your keyword store code. If a keyword is specified inside the code it will override the default keyword settings and your keyword store.

For more information on how to insert the search keyword dynamically see the following FAQ.
    http://www.goldencan.com/Help/Topic-131.aspx

Store Display Options & Sample Stores:
    With so many options to customize your store display, there can be a large number of different ways you can display your store.

Some options are:

Store Width
    Font Color
    Font Name
    Link Color
    Display Search Box yes/no
    Display Paging: yes/no
    Categories Per Row
    Products Per Row:
    Products Per Page
    Product Image Size
    Display Description yes/no
    Description Length

Here are a few examples with different store display settings.

http://www.goldencan.com/Demo/Previe...E-B16456E28B14
    http://www.goldencan.com/Demo/Previe...6-5CE6BAE359D8
    http://www.goldencan.com/Demo/Previe...3-DC35B9C854C2
    http://www.goldencan.com/Demo/Previe...A-8F85B106DB50
    http://www.goldencan.com/Demo/Previe...F-8DE9D9299BFF
    http://www.goldencan.com/Demo/Previe...2-E4F352EFF730

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Great work and new features Asif

I was looking for this a while back, can't wait to see all the positive reviews you will get on this now.

Thank you GC, I look forward to finding new ways to use this opportunity

This is great. Thank You.............

ABW Ambassador
    Yes some nice features thanks. I noticed a small issue, if I create a Keyword Category Store and then tried to delete a merchant it didn't. Otherwise it is good to see some welcome features.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Yes some nice features thanks. I noticed a small issue, if I create a Keyword Category Store and then tried to delete a merchant it didn't. Otherwise it is good to see some welcome features.
    Hi glinted,
    I am glad you like the new features. We have tested the delete merchant link in IE and FireFox and it is working fine. You should get a JavaScript confirm message box if you click on the Delete link.

Can you tell me what you see when you click on the delete that link?

Can anyone else tell me if they are having the same issue?

The delete merchant function works fine for me(using updated firefox on win xp)

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not sure what happened, it must be working then.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I'm not sure what happened, it must be working then.
    Can you please try again and let me know if it is working for you now? if not can you please email me a screenshot after you click on the link so i can try to find out what the problem might be?

ABW Ambassador
    I just tried it again, it certainly does not delete the merchant right away but It seems it is some time later they are deleted as I noticed the ones I deleted yesterday are now gone. I will email you a screenshot later but I'm very busy now as something urgent has come up....

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I love the new features.

Can you put some examples of each here, putting the keywords used to make them in their names (your "store url" field there):
    http://www.goldencan.com/samples.aspx

Made a Keyword store last night, but it has no search. When I added a searchbox, I got 2 shops on the page. Sent an email. Also noticed that the links are not "nofollow"ed, nowhere to add that.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Made a Keyword store last night, but it has no search. When I added a searchbox, I got 2 shops on the page. Sent an email. Also noticed that the links are not "nofollow"ed, nowhere to add that.
    The search box was added only on the Keyword Category Store. We have received some feedback about adding the Search Box on the keyword store also. It will be added soon.

Search Engines are restricted to follow the links from the GoldenCAN redirect page and folder by using robots.txt and on page meta tags that is why we do not have nofollow on individual links. Even if some crawlers try to ignore the meta tags and robots.txt our redirect page has its own filters to stop invalid crawlers clicks.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I love the new features.

Can you put some examples of each here, putting the keywords used to make them in their names (your "store url" field there):
    Donuts,
    I am glad you like the new store features. i always appericate your feedback. the sample stores have been added on the samples page.

ABW Ambassador
    it is working, it seems I never waited long enough for the update to process. The new keyword and categories are working well.

ABW Ambassador
    How can we change that pale yellow color for the category background?

Also, when will css tableless versions be available?

glinted:

open up your store (the one you want to change) and under
    Customize your Store Display:
    look for
    Category Path
    BG Color:

Change that to your liking and hit update store:
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursal
    glinted:

open up your store (the one you want to change) and under
    Customize your Store Display:
    look for
    Category Path
    BG Color:

Change that to your liking and hit update store:
    Yes I know you can do that in the normal shops but this feature is not available in the Keyword stores which is why I posted this.

I am also wondering how to change the color of the category path headers on any of the multiple merchant pages and keyword stores. The option just isn't there like it is with the single merchant pages. Any idea if this option might be added or am I just missing something?

Wow, this is a major improvement! Great feature additions!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Just created a category store, exactly what I was looking for! What is the difference between the regular PHP code and the one with the Dynamic Search Keyword? I noticed that "DVD player" was automatically entered so when I pasted the code in, changed it to a keyword for my store.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread