ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Linkshare's RIPOFF Exchange Rate
    As I have wrote before Linkshare's banking system is totally screwing over International affiliates like myself with their absurd exchange rates. Now they are matching the Aussie dollar to the US (in reality it is around 95c to the US dollar. Yes that is right 0.995717 to be exact on my last payment a few days ago.

All the other networks provide proper exchange rates so why do Linkshare think they can totally rip us off like this?

I would advise all International affiliates to check your bank accounts as you are been ripped off.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

i get USD check only as payment method

no direct deposit available for me

ABW Ambassador
    I'm amazed that other international affiliates don't complain about it, some affilates could be losing huge amounts of money.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Does Linkshare set the exchange rate? Don't they just transfer US dollars and then the receiving bank does the exchange? No idea myself never used the system

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

if it is the receiving bank did it,

the rate will not be that "suck"

i don't like forced currency exchange.

pls just send usd to me in case of bank transfer

i hold usd in my bank account

I think you're wrong about the .99

I just checked a bunch of places they either list it as .94 or .96

I am also in an airport lucky me headed to Germany and I am looking at the exchange rate booth.

1 USD buys 1.70 AUD so here at JFK in NYC it's .93

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    I think you're wrong about the .99

I just checked a bunch of places they either list it as .94 or .96

I am also in an airport lucky me headed to Germany and I am looking at the exchange rate booth.

1 USD buys 1.70 AUD so here at JFK in NYC it's .93
    No I'm not wrong, that is the rate they paid me on that date and yes the true rate then was in the mid .95's.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Does your bank support US dollar accounts? That would solve that issue.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Does your bank support US dollar accounts? That would solve that issue.

Cheers

Chris
    I actually opened a US bank account here but then found that none of the Networks would pay me in US dollars, they all insisted they have to pay me in AU dollars if I live in Australia so that was a waste of time and I closed the account. The only way around it is to go back to getting checks by mail which means waiting for weeks for the check to arrive, waiting for another 30 days for the bank to clear the check, paying $10 - $15 per check to clear and also having to deal with lost checks which I had a horrible experience with CJ once and would never want to go through that again. So direct deposit is much better in every way and LS is the only network that doesn't pay the proper exchange rates. I guess if they continue to short change me like this and my earnings increase a fair bit then it would be better to go back to checks if it meant saving hundreds or thousands a month.

This is really not about me finding a solution but I want to bring to the table that we are been ripped off here by Linkshare's banking system and it is really up to them to pay us the proper exchange rate.

Adsense is doing forced currency exchange to international publishers as well.

They don't send USD via bank transfer

So i forget it and keep my payment option as aged old USD paper check option.

My bank account support all major international currencies directly deposit into it.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    Adsense is doing forced currency exchange to international publishers as well.

They don't send USD via bank transfer

So i forget it and keep my payment option as aged old USD paper check option.

My bank account support all major international currencies directly deposit into it.
    Yes I also asked them when I opened my US account but they also only pay in your local currency but at least they pay at the normal exchange rates as Linkshare should do. LS's bankers must be making at least hundreds of thousands a month from this issue that many affiliates are not aware of or just don't understand and it seems to be the latter considering the lack of discussion.

maybe just because many affiliates still keep receiving USD check even LS added international bank transfer option

so they have no complain on currency exchange

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread