Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NY Affiliates at Summit
    Just curious how many NY affiliates will be attending Summit in August. I know that earnings will be down for many of us so that is a factor for some.

I think that the Summit would be an ideal time to let everyone know that NY affiliates are active and showing at Summit and other industry events. It's also a nice way to keep the topic out in the open.
    I was thinking that a button saying "Say Yes to NY Affiliates", "I am a NY Affiliate" or "Support NY Affiliates" I think that could be a silent yet strong announcement. If there's interest I can see what I can do.

I still haven't bought my pass, need to take another look at budget but I do have my room reserved. I can always sell a domain name or two to cover.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Mellie, I like your idea of a button that says, "Say Yes to NY Affiliates." I am from Maryland, but would sport such a button to express my support.

(You should consider buying that pass today or tomorrow. The price goes up A LOT after the 6th.)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    ...I was thinking that a button saying "Say Yes to NY Affiliates", "I am a NY Affiliate" or "Support NY Affiliates" I think that could be a silent yet strong announcement. If there's interest I can see what I can do.

I still haven't bought my pass, need to take another look at budget but I do have my room reserved. I can always sell a domain name or two to cover.
    I'll take a "Support NY Affiliates" button. You should set up a store at cafepress (or similar.)

On a budget note, I am considering the drive from PIT to Boston, going through the I-95 part of NY. (10 hours total, seems like 5 without the kids ) If there are any NY affs (or any state on the route for that matter) that need a ride, I would be happy to help out if I am going through your part of the state anyway. Just let me know. Reservations are limited.

-sfcom

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    You should set up a store at cafepress (or similar.)
    GMTA. I just sent Mellie a PM about that. I'm a Cafe Press shopkeeper so I know how to do this stuff. I can make the buttons and price them at Cafe Press' base price. No profit for me. Just happy to do something for the cause.

Is it designable (is that a word lol) inside CafePress or do you have to design on your computer and upload?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Hey Mellie, I do the designs on my computer and then upload them. I think you can design on the fly with CP but I wouldn't recommend it. Sizing can be tricky for some products, like round buttons. Doing the design on my PC means I can fiddle with the design until it looks the way I want.

I am all signed up for Summit with deep gratitude to Haiko for the pass!

So now to get the buutons going. Between our upcoming NY meetings and the Summit we'll need a lot of buttons.

Rhea is volunteering to do the design. Right now this is what we have

1. I (heart) NY Affiliates (Rhea's suggestion I love it!)
    2. Support NY Affiliates

Should we have a third that says "Proud NY Affiliate" or something similar?

Since we have pretty settled that , I am not shy to ask if anyone would like to sponsor the initial button purchase? A bulk purchase would make sure that we have them to hand out at Summit. Rhea has agreed to list it at cost right now so if someone or a couple of you could sponsor an initial purchase we could have a nice supply on hand for the NY meeting in July and for Summit. You can either contact me thru pm or post here. We can get buttons singly, packs of 10 or packs of 100.

Otherwise we'll figure something else out. I will buy at least a pack of 100 buttons. If several others can do that too, we might have enough. I am willing to bring them to summit if needed as I am driving with plenty of room.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

I'll sponsor the buttons, send me the link.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

If you need another sponsor I'm in.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Thank you both! That was fast. As soon as Rhea gets things ready I'll be sure you both have the link. If you would like me to transport them to Summit and of course to our July NY meeting you can have them shipped direct to me, We can work that out thru pm.

Thank you Haiko and Greg for your support!!
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Wow, that's so cool that you guys are going to sponsor the buttons. Thank you!

Cafe Press has these round name tag type sticker dealies (they're round) and I could do the Proud NY Affiliate design on that, maybe with a silhouette of the state.

I'll mess around with some things and let you all know when it's finished. However I'm going out to take Whitney to the vet and won't be back until later afternoon. Hopefully I'll get to it tonight, if there isn't a Mets game on, that is!

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Great Idea!

PS: how about a "Proud NY Merchant" design
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Buttons are a really nice idea. Thanks Millie, Deb, Rhea, Haiko and Greg!

We should probably have "one voice". I'm leaning towards "Support NY Affiliates" It's most universal (don't have to guess how many of each you need) and says the most to others that might not know what's going on. It kinda opens a dialog where as "NY Affiliate" "NY Vendor" doesn't. (...IMO)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I designed the "I (heart) NY Affiliates" buttons, uploaded them to Cafe Press, and hadn't even finished tagging them when the trademark-and-copyright police at CP flagged them and froze them. I guess "I Heart NY" is trademarked. Sorry kids, New York got us again.

At least we have some other good slogans to work with.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    There's a place on Long Island that can make them.

Image maker 516.377.0186
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
    Buttons are a really nice idea. Thanks Millie, Deb, Rhea, Haiko and Greg!

We should probably have "one voice". I'm leaning towards "Support NY Affiliates" It's most universal (don't have to guess how many of each you need) and says the most to others that might not know what's going on. It kinda opens a dialog where as "NY Affiliate" "NY Vendor" doesn't. (...IMO)
    Yeah, I agree with the "one voice" aspect. "Support NY Affiliates" is generic enough to fit all realms of the business. Good call, Bob.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Great idea Mel!

I love "Support NY Affiliates" - it speaks volumes. This will make merchants think, too.

Wish I was going to be there to wear one.

Looking forward to pictures of a huge crowd all wearing these buttons.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rhea's finished the design and I've asked her to post the url and also get it to those who have graciously offered to purchase some on our behalf. Not sure if I should post the link but I am sure Rhea will be along to do so. If any sponsors want to have buttons shipped direct to me just pm me for my address.

Individuals can also order the buttons.

There is also a sticker being designed especially for merchants to show they are NY Affiliate friendly.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Good morning.

This is the URL where you can find the Support New York Affiliates buttons and lapel stickers.

I'm also going to make a "We Support New York Affiliates" poster, banner and bumper sticker that NY affiliate friendly merchants can display in their booths.

Nice design! I it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I'm also going to make a "We Support New York Affiliates" poster, banner and bumper sticker that NY affiliate friendly merchants can display in their booths.
    I like the way this is going.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    NY affiliate friendly merchants can display in their booths.
    This idea is proactive, helpful and smart.

Merchants who display something like this, aren't just speaking to their NY affiliates, in my opinion, but are declaring their stance about how they value their affiliate program overall. I'll be looking for it and I live in Florida.

Thanks guys!

Okay, banner, poster and bumper stickers for merchants to display in their booth are uploaded.

They all look great Rhea!!
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Thanks Mellie!

For the rest of you guys, unless you're making a personal purchase for yourself or your merchant booth, please check with Mellie to see what's needed and where to ship it if you want Mellie to bring the items to AS.

Thank you Haiko for the button & sticker order!
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast