Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Congrats again to B – the winner! I would like to help her collect all her prizes, but I’m a little lost.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I have searched and cannot find the press release that was supposed to go out. I convinced merchants to donate prizes based on all the PR they would get. I told them I would send them the PR when the contest was over and contact them with the winner and instructions for how to give her the prizes.

When Haiko was asking merchants to donate he said: "Since we'll probably hit this milestone this month, I'd like to start to solicit some prizes from merchants. The congratulatory post for the 100,00th prize had over 1,460 views and 42 posts that helped convey the good will of the contributing merchants."

"Since this is such a monumental accomplishment (for a two year old forum), I will be sending out a press release that will include a listing of the all prize donators and links to join their program. I want to maximize the piece so we all can use the good will and PR - I'm using going to be Businesswire.com"

Then on the August 26th Haiko said “I'm going to announce it after the press release goes out on monday morning.”

I need to send my merchants the press release and tell them how to contact B to give her prizes and again if I missed it, I’m sorry. I have searched BizWire every day.

So here are some questions and suggestions, since a BUNCH of good merchants donated a BUNCH of good prizes and I don’t know if B has gotten any of them yet.

1) Did the PR go out, if so where is the link so I can send it to merchants?

2) If it didn’t go out yet, I would suggest Monday or Tues AM since that’s when it will get the most play

3) I think in closing the contest it would be really nice if Haiko would make a final contest announcement thanking all the merchants and announcing them one more time.

4) Then also in that closing contest post – provide instructions for how to award B her prizes.

I don’t think B should have to try to contact each merchant and ASK for her prize. Yet I don’t think some merchants even followed the post to know who won, much less the best way to get in touch with her to award her the prizes. The contest posts were so long, that I'm sure some merchants who are not ABW addicts, don't even know what's going on.

I owe B a 5 Star check for $50 and would like to pay her, plus have several merchants that I convinced to donate prizes, but have been waiting for all the above info to be posted. Did I miss it somehow?

Last I heard Gman chewed off his arm, the winners were announced, B gave a great acceptance speech and then not sure what happened after that.

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    <FONT COLOR=red size="1">EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!
    </font>

The PR piece is going out on Tuesday

I will create a PM with ALL contributing merchants to arrange for fulfillment.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Some merchants have already contacted me privately regarding getting the prizes to me. I actually need to get back to them. Thank you to those merchants, and I will be repsonding to your PM's. I'm sure I won't have to contact any merchants and it's only been a day. The best way to get in contact with is via pm. Actually anytime anyone needs to get in touch with me.

I know things have gotten extremely hectic for Haiko. Sometimes you have no control over what you have thrown on your plate that requires immediate attention. There sure was a lot of pressure on the boards for the winner to be announced what with members gnawing off body parts and all. I have no doubt that all will shake out as it should.

As far as what has happened since: Gordon still has some body parts left, members have started comtemplating the 300k post, folks are figuring ways to still nab one of those coveted pware tshirts, and a trend to get the best member name is emerging.

But seriously Linda, I'm sure all will work out as stated. Persoanlly, I have absolutely no complaints.

And again I thank Haiko and all the merchants who participated in the contest. Your continued support of ABW is greatly appreciated!

Psst H...that's Virginia Slim Luxury Lights 120's. I had to get dressed and go to the tobacco store yesterday.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Oops cross posted with Haiko. Got to learn to post with one or two sentences like he does.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLFH (Ms. B):
    Oops cross posted with Haiko. Got to learn to post with one or two sentences like he does.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just time management

</font></p>

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Whoa, time warp. It was only 2 days ago? I've been so busy it feels like it's been 2 weeks since the winners were announced and I thought I totally missed something. My merchants were asking about the press release so I started madly trying to catch up on all the posts I missed to try to get an answer for them. It's been a bear of a week. Sorry for jumping the gun. Just trying to help B get all her goodies.

B, I'll PM you to get an address for your check and then contact my other merchants after the PR goes out Tues. so you can get all their goodies too.

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    <FONT COLOR=red size="1">EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!
    </font>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Where's PopDawg? He promised to pass on his crown and cape to the 200,000 poster.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    What is the prize going to be for the millionth post? A new house? More than that?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    >I had to get dressed and go to the tobacco store yesterday.

YOU DID WHAT

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

CJSN,

You need to send me your shirt size and Addy for your prize ...

"I was the 199,999th poster on ABestWeb
    and all I got was this crummy T-Shirt!"

</font></p>

Yes where is Pop?? I'll look much better in the tiara than he ever did.

Adam, dude I was down to one pack. No way would that have lasted until they got here from BDS. I was breaking out in a sweat just thinking about it being the last pack in the house. And you don't want me posting around here if I run out of cigs.

LOL Haiko. That's too cute.

Linda, pm received. Will forward info in a bit to you. Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Was I really the 199,999 poster?

CJSN, yikes! If you are, I feel for ya

Enjoy the T-shirt though

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You missed being the winner by a sneeze.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Great shirt Haiko brilliant

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

BLFH,

My prize to you is a in the chat room bar. Redeamable anytime.

Congrats!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    so... [Big Chuck scratches his a**] we still don't know who the winner is?

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    Was I really the 199,999 poster?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep

</font></p>

BC,

BLFH won!

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    How much time did I miss it by?

Retired Member
    What were the winning posts?

I think the winning post had a hanging chad on it.

Retired Member

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    How much time did I miss it by?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CJSN,

8 Minutes ... yours was at 10:59AM and BLFH's was at 11:07AM.

</font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve - NetvalveUSA:
    What were the winning posts? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

199,999 - http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...604#6436039604

200,000 - http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...604#5286049604

200,0001 - http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...604#3636039604

</font></p>

Must have only been seconds between post 200,000 and 200,001...

ABW Ambassador
    Dayum, B, you won! If there is anything in the goodie bags you don't want I'll try to sell it on my site

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast