REI Post
    Okay, check this out

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...54&postcount=3

If REI is now accepting NY affiliates they should be applauded! I will harbor no ill feelings because I think it is time to move forward. They are to be commended for listening to our voices, the voices of counsel and making this decision. Just as it was not easy to terminate it is probably even harder to reverse a decision.

Please confirm this decision and Thank you REI!
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

I considered deleting my original post in this thread but have decided I will leave it and expand on this further. I was trying to wait to get confirmation, but wanted to simply acknowledge REI if indeed they were allowing NY back into their program.

I've been contacted via pm and email about my commending REI and harboring no ill feelings.

When the first termination emails began to hit us we were stunned. The businesses we had all struggled to build were being destroyed. Emotions also played a part. The terminations hurt on a personal level, we thought we had relationships. What I soon realized is that this was a business decision and whether I liked it or not, whether I agreed or not did not matter. I had to make my own business decision. I decided to do two things. One was to find new merchants and two was to fight this. While I could not change the law I might be able to have an impact on merchants future decisions.

I and many others have been putting a lot of time and energy into fighting for change. If indeed REI and othe rmerchants reverse their decision I think it should be acknowledged. This is what I and others are fighting for!

Although the decisions has been made to allow us back (if indeed that is the case) that does not mean I will go back. In most cases I have found new merchants. In six months or a year I might reevaluate on a business level. If new merchants aren't performing I will seek out new ones. Just as these companies made a choice so do I. I will not let my feelings about them interfere with my business. My business comes first.

I am extremely happy with many of my new merchants. The OPMs that reached out to me and other NY affiliates will be remembered and should be acknowledged. I think I've done that but apologize if I missed anyone.

We need to acknowledge a merchant for coming around and reversing their stand but that does not mean we are forgetting anyone who stood by us and fought with us.

And for me it does not mean I amgoing back, but at least we are being treated equally as other affiliates. Now WE have the choice. That is what we are fighting for.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

I forgot to mention, when I said I harbor no ill feelings i mean that now this is now business. My emotions are not in effect. Just as the merchants did not let emotions play a part, I will do the same. Business is business.

And to the wonderful OPM who valued me enough to contact me about this, no worries! I am happy you told me. In fact I totally appreciate that you did contact me, that's what we want!!! Open communication on even a difficult and sensitive topic.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    I am extremely happy with many of my new merchants. The OPMs that reached out to me and other NY affiliates will be remembered and should be acknowledged.
    #1 shuts the door on you and #2 puts out the red carpet and becomes #1.

It reminds me of the old Hertz Rental car slogan (I may be dating myself here)... "We're #2, so we try harder"

Yer right Mellie, once we get past the emotions of this weekend, it gets down to what's good business.

The funny thing is, the way some merchants have cut off the heads of their affiliates with no warning, because it appears to make good business sense ... I couldn't think of a better argument that there IS no implied contract or relationship constituting a nexus.

Cool
    at any rate, it is going to be a long time before we pick them up again, I bet.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread