Ten Steps To Becoming A Super [Great] Affiliate Vid...
    I think there are some good points here. What say you? What about #3?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IVIMK9ZgrA

[DISCLAIMER]I'm in no way intending to promote Obama by posting this link.[/DISCLAIMER]

X

that's awesome....Bob Rains is very entertaining

superCool enjoyed it - thanks Boomers

#1: Build Your Own Brand - "Build our own brand, the world is sick and tired of thin affiliate sites". So a "thin affiliate site" is one that has no brand of its own?

#2: Create Challenges Followed by Rewards - "It's no longer enough to engage the user by reading content. You must give them something to do". I see the "challenge", but where is the "reward"?

#3: Think Playground Themepark ------ I actually wholeheartedly agree with this one

#4: ....good

#5: ....kinda redundant in light of the above four

#6 & #7 ....IMHO speak about the same thing

#8: ....love it!

#9: ....beautiful

#10: ....interesting, but I would love to hear Bob Rains elaborate on this a bit more.

Finally, the "two Obamas" ending of it -- especially for someone who couldn't care less about who wins -- is just out of place. Especially when you're speaking for the "German Affiliate TactixX conference".

G.

Thank you Boomers, that just brought me up to speed. The last I'd read was that "content is king." Now we add "participation" to "content." Good deal.

Thank you Geno. As a well respected author on such topics your comments are appreciated.

I puzzled a little over the playground themepark concept. It then occurred to me that this is the very model that ABW is built around.

X

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Entertaining video, cool stuff. I do wonder often though, how high level fluffitudery can be called steps. I'm not knocking this video, just saying that the path starts out more nebulous (like the video), then it congeals into a coherent biz idea, then "steps" become clearer. I'd like to see people calling their videos, their foot forward, more accurately concerning what they are - like maybe "as you brainstorm your biz, 10 guideposts that may apply to the formation, refinement and foundation of you online biz idea and its targets, goals and structure". If he followed the "be real or at least be authentic" advice he gave, I think the title would be different. It's that issue, projecting one's ideas, not concrete solutions, where I see the chasm open between those who market well and those who mostly dream about it.

Then again, I think you can't concretely guide people to become a super affiliate in a short video, so maybe this is more a marketing / promo piece - again, just my opinion, the video creator create and label their things as they please. I just wonder if they'd get further towards their goals if they stuck to the "authentic" espoused creed. Then again, I likely misunderstand the goal of this, I'm far too literal in interpreting that aspect of most things.

My "steps" at the 50,000 foot level are more like:
    envision
    gather
    congeal
    coalesce
    view the competitive landscape
    trim
    define
    target
    create
    refine
    external inspection and feedback
    launch
    test
    improve
    test more granularly
    promote
    measure
    grow (deeper)
    diversify coherently

Then again, my "steps" aren't the path towards super affiliatedom either... like "getting rich", the true goal is more elusive and certainly more persoanlized. I think more along the lines of steps towards achieving marketing success as a business, where the income you achieve isn't the goal, it's just a byproduct of it.

One big reason I go to Affiliate Summit is so I can hear and engage people who are traversing their path, at different stages, towards exactly that - a successful website or other online marketing biz. I learn from these interactions and I also can suggest things as well. If I were to outline steps towards Super Affiliate status, I'd have to say "build mutual input relationships with carefully selected peers" is among the most important. Relationships start with networking. And there's no better place than Summit and ABW to conduct that.

Better than any video, I'll "see" you at both. :-)

ABW Ambassador
    "so maybe this is more a marketing / promo piece"

Yeah, that's what it was, in the more info of the video: "Video for german Affiliate TactixX conference, on how to become a Super Affiliate "

Then you had others make short videos on the same topic for that conference

Shoemoney
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC-yy_nSpH8

Shawn Collins
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjSTL6xCg1k

wow - #9 is pure genious:

[QUOTE] "Use the time of those with time to build tools that those with money will spend money on."[/QUOTE]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    LOL @ #s 6 & 7
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Wanted to hate it, but it was okay in the way a motivational speaker will get you to think but give you nothing concrete. See too many people not thinking of their site as a place, but merely a link to PPC.

It is fluff with no substance, but good fluff. For example, GoColts, how are you going to use that bit in reality for your site?

Chet

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Bestbuy (SPAMMER) best leave before he gets black & blue from the kicks in the ass he's gonna get on his way to getting booted outta here
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

thank you Geno Prussakov , I think the idea of thinking like a playground is great, But How would you build the Playground Theme park, what i am trying to say is you need to have knowledge to build the games and the buildings.

Great points and horrible video

Great advice thanks for posting!!

15. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread