Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Thumbs up You Fixed The Logout Issue - Nice Job!
    I know this quirk wasn't a big deal for many here, but I just realized you fixed the issue with getting logged out of the SAS interface (with Firefox browser) if one of your affiliate links was clicked on.

Hopefully you did something to address the quirk and today is just not a fluke.

Good job and Thanks!

Hmm. I don't know how this relates, but when I first logged on to SAS today with Firefox, it took me 8, yes, EIGHT of the "501" errors before I could get logged in??
    Generate more fake news.

I joined SAS this week. I have not been able to login using FF at all. Perhaps I didn't try it enough times. I can login using IE but have to turn the popup blocker off or the IE window just disappears.
    Let's see, how to get this post back on topic...
    Well, I guess I can't test FF logoff if I'm not able to login in the first place.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Well, I guess I can't test FF logoff if I'm not able to login in the first place.
    That would be a bit of a problem for sure.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    No loggin problems here using FF (or Safari) on Mac
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Logging in with FF always responds by returning back to the login page with Error Code: 501.

X

I have an impossible time logging in using FF.....wish that was fixed.....

How strange - I've never had a problem logging in or out of SAS using FireFox using version 2.0.0.14

Yeah, the logging in with FF is a major phantom issue in these parts. There are threads in the past where coding people have absolutely explained there's no problem, or you have to understand this, that, the other thing, OR ... well, you get the idea.

SAS folks have insisted they have nothing to fix because they can't duplicate the problem.

Yet several of us who continue using FF continue to see the problem, although it sometimes seems to be worse than others.

Personally, I think it's a humidity issue. The Internet is just less stable some days because of high humidity. Uh, or something??
    Generate more fake news.

Just tested it and the problem still exists. I logged into SAS, clicked one of my links and refreshed my SAS tab to get an invalid login page.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

"Personally, I think it's a humidity issue. The Internet is just less stable some days because of high humidity. Uh, or something??"

Ok, that sounds reasonable It is very humid here today (and sniff, sniff gonna get worse and hotter and hotter as the weekend goes on.....sorry I know lots of you have hotter weather but I hate hot weather..maybe it's not the hot but humidity? ) and I am having a terrible time today gettin in, also. When the site redesign first happened everything was fine....ummm not these last couple of days, tho.

Yeap, always had the problem before the new design using FF, no problem with ie. For some reason tho.....it's baaaacck. So humidity sounds like a reasonable enough reason to me. Have to admit, it is sooooo frustrating using "Make a page" and havin to start all over again each time. Guess if it keeps up I'll have to uhh give in and use ie.

Ah heck,
    Let me shed some light on what's happening.
    As we all know the ozone is rapidly disappearing.
    Those little ions that make up the ozone molecule
    are now becoming less and less.
    So now those electrons that rush down the internet
    super highway are becoming overheated from the Sun.
    Plus they have to pay a higher price for fuel these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bobs-pcmall.com
    As we all know the ozone is rapidly disappearing.
    Those little ions that make up the ozone molecule
    are now becoming less and less.
    Now THAT sounds like the highest unemployment rate news I heard just this evening. Highest since 1986 they said -- 49,000 jobs lost in May; rate at 5.5 percent.

*sigh*
    Generate more fake news.

Unfortunately we are cutting back to 27 so far and 21 to 23 more by end of June.

I have been able to log in with one click these days so I consider myself lucky. It usually takes 4-5 of those 501s to get in. I use FF too.

*keeping fingers crossed*

I joined SAS this week. I have not been able to login using FF at all. Perhaps I didn't try it enough times. I can login using IE but have to turn the popup blocker off or the IE window just disappears.
    Let's see, how to get this post back on topic...
    I don't know if you're posting a real complain or just been sarcastic, but here is what I know.

For what I have seen on ABW, most of the people here hate IE and are in love with FF, that's ok with me, but I still prefer IE over FF for may reasons.

Anyway, I have not had any issue loging in to SAS with my old IE ever, but maybe because I have been using IE many years before I even knew what SAS was. Other than the default fixed size windows that Shareasale use, I have never had any problem on SAS while using my IE browser.

So why do I need to post this positive IE plug here?

Well, so far I still don't like FF 100%, and much less after a couple of days ago when I decided to use FF for some tests on my sites.

First: I may be wrong and and FF can be the best browser out there, but just as the unfamous fkng nor-t-on program, I as an affiliate would never promote, or like any program that when used as is out of the box, would cut into my affiliate marketing business.

Case in (Remember, I am going to still be a loyal IE user, until I can be convinced otherwise.)

The other day when I went to check one of my SAS merchants links with FF, after I clicked on one of links on my site, I went to the merchant site but... (since I was using FF right out of the box, just like the mayority of people will do.) I was greeted with many and more FF alerts about accepting or not accepting that merchant cookie, than any popup that I would get if I was just using my regular IE default browser.

So just for the hell of it, I just clicked on "X" (on many of those boxes to close those prompts) and be able to see the product I wanted to see...

Guess what...

On the merchant page it say that the code was (22) so there was none of my cookie there, but when I check on SAS, that click was indeed reported on SAS.

So if instead of me checking my links with FF, it was any new customer using FF right out of the box and buying ½ of the store on that merchant they found from one of my links on my site, I would may just saw that I had a click on SAS, but there would not be any fkng money made for me on that click.

So as you can see... we can't blame everything on IE, there is more to this entire marketing thing that meets the eye!

Hey, I am not complaing about anything, I am just saying where is my piece of the puzzle?

Take it or leave it, life goes on!

Now back to the topic on this thread!

You Fixed The Logout Issue - Nice Job!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I don't know if you're posting a real complain or just been sarcastic
    Actually neither Mr. Sal. More an observation than anything. Since I know how to get around the problem I'm not really worried about it. In my case IE loads SAS fine as long as I disable the popup blocker (AdWatch). I think if I were to have a complaint it would be about AdWatch and that the SAS exception that I set doesn't seem to work.
    As for IE vs FF; I resisted installing FF for years. I wasn't interested in the tabs and there was nothing else attracting me to it until....
    A FF upgrade came out that included spellcheck. That to me was the cats meow. As far as I was concerned that one feature revolutionized FF and I've been using it ever since.
    Now, it WOULD be nice if SAS would open in FF, but oh well!

X

Now, it WOULD be nice if SAS would open in FF, but oh well!
    Now Bill,

This is your dilema: "Me canse de rogarle" By: Pedro Infante. But, c'est la vie!

To me it WOULD be even nicer if SAS would make me some real money by now!

But then again... c'est la vie!

This is your dilema: "Me canse de rogarle" (Tired of Begging) By: Pedro Infante
    To me it WOULD be even nicer if SAS would make me some real money by now!
    I think YOU'RE supposed to make the money...
    Now Bill
    For the last time Sal, it's Ed [Edwardo]!

X

I think YOU'RE supposed to make the money...For the last time Sal, it's Ed [Edwardo]!
    Ok Edwardo,

A horse is a horse, of corse, of course... MR. ED !

But... where is the god dame SAS FTP working thing by now?

Mr Sal, your problem with the cookie permissions pop-ups in FF is because your options are set to "ask me every time". If you want to run it like IE just go to Tools > Options > Privacy and set it to accept all cookies.
    I know that won't make you like something you don't like, but it can be fixed quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Mr Sal, your problem with the cookie permissions pop-ups in FF is because your options are set to "ask me every time". If you want to run it like IE just go to Tools > Options > Privacy and set it to accept all cookies.
    I know that won't make you like something you don't like, but it can be fixed quite easily.
    I know about all that, but my point is that when any new regular human that just got FF and use it as is, and go to any of our sites to make a purchase... we may not get any money from that click.

It's not what we like to use or use,
    it's what our visitors use that counts!
    Just think about it!

It looks like I spoke too soon. Not sure what happened between a few days ago and when I first posted this, but I am now seeing the same issue re-surface. Oh well, nice while it lasted.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread