Cool Has Anyone Read Rosalind Gardeners 'how i made 465,000 in one year????
    i had heard many reputable things about her & read the book & it inspired me to enter the world of affiliate marketing a few months ago (after operating non-affiliate type websites for yrs).

of course she made it sound much easier than it is (to be expected)
    but, even w/ a lot of web experience I'm having a tough time squeaking out much (if any) profit - using ggl & yahoo ppc + e-mail marketing to drive traffic to landing pages w/ affiliate ads, currently page pages on aprox 15 difft niches

anyone got any good advice or better reads??????????

ABW Ambassador
    Forget about reading any book that tells you how 'they' made a lot of money.

http and a telephoto
    Welcome to ABW. Start reading and searching on topics here, starting with the Magic Bullet thread in my signature, and reading all the related threads along the way.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Agree...I've spend a lot of money on how to make money on the internet buying products and I even joined a program with a monthly fee. They all give you the same thing. I've learned more here in my short time than most of the information I paid for. You can actually find all the info you need for free just research.
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

anyone got any good advice or better reads??????????
    I read it. The problem with a book like that is that while it may have valid points the day she published, they could be out dated shortly thereafter. Here information is alive and evolving. To me an idea that everybody reads in a book can't be good for very long. I'm not talking of the tech side but the marketing side of the biz.

I'm a noob, but I read it not too long ago. If you know absolutely nothing about Affiliate Marketing, it will give you an overview and some basic lingo, but the specifics will be out of date. For example, Gardner talks about content being the key to a successful site. But just yesterday I learned from right here that you now have to give your prospects "something to do" to involve themselves in your site. Content plus "participation" is now king. The internet changes every day, and therefore the methods change after any number of days.

From what I can gather as noob, this board doesn't think much of guru e-books because:

1.) Most of the current update-to-date information is right here, for free, and only requiring your ability to do some research and put your own personal puzzle together. The guru's spend more time on the websites they use to sell their books then they do on the book themselves. They just steal bits from each other and from other resources (usually free), don't bother to update their work, and slap a high price on the mess and promote the heck out of it.

2.) The gurus give a completely unrealistic picture of how much you can make starting out. Even Gardner is guilty of this. This sets you up for a big disappointment that may permanently discourage you. And this can be very dangerous if you quit your day job because you think you'll make what they say. "Never in history has it been possible to pay only $5 to get access to 100,000 prospects in 10 minutes." Well, millions of people go through Times Square everyday, but there are still businesses that go out of business even there. From what I gather so far, its about more than just traffic.

I myself have decided to think of this as being an interesting hobby like stamp collecting. Only instead of stamps I'm collecting samples of buyer psychology
    . It might support me one day. Or it might only keep me in jelly beans.
    Last edited by MnemonicGuy; June 7th, 2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: corrected grammar error.

Correction. I read her printed book "Make a Fortune Promoting Other People's Stuff Online: How Affiliate Marketing Can make you Rich". Lest expensive than the e-book.

I read it. I read everything here. I read what I can everywhere...and I still don't know what I'm doing At this point her book is dated. You can learn the lingo for free. Of course...if you want to buy a copy real cheap, I know where you can get one..
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    i haven't read her book, but i did see her present at Affiliate Summit once. it was a good session and she seemed to me to be very genuine and sincere. she did focus then tons on building emails lists for her sites, something i don't happen to do at all. so my point is, and this is NO criticism of her at all, there's many ways for you to find success - go ahead and read her book and try things she recommends - do that a lot, seeking varied input and experimenting yourself. if you stick with it, certain things will emerge as winners for you and what you're trying to accomplish. the important part isn't her book itself, it's the never ending quest to learn, experiment and improve. i don't recommend many books, many are pretty trashy slapped together bunk - with her track record in this industry, and its length, i'd bet her book isn't of that ilk, so give it a try. but don't expect any one book to give you a quantum leap, each is a baby step, and sometimes very tiny ones at that.

good luck in your quest!

I have NOT read it. But I can almost GUARANTEE that she could not start a web site from scratch TODAY and duplicat what she did back when she made her money. I believe she did indeed make that much money.....but I also belive she will never disclose what it really COST to make that money.

I also am willing to bet that she has made MORE money selling this book than she has in affiliate marketing income.

Just my .37 cents. (Thats the amount I make in Google Adsense everyday)
    and the title to my soon to be released book: How to make .37 cents in Google Adsense everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    ...don't expect any one book to give you a quantum leap, each is a baby step, and sometimes very tiny ones at that.
    What Donuts said.

Best recipes will always be kept in secret, but do buy and read books. Read (books and forums like ABestWeb) and apply your knowledge. Test, analyze, sift, separate the wheat from the chaff, and remember what has worked for you and where you have burned yourself... Diligence is key. It consists of continuos self-education and work.

G.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread