Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Amazon accolades
    I just had the pleasure of telling an Amazon customer service rep to pass on my accolades to his CEO for Amazon fighting the state of NY on their misguided attempt to balance their budget on our industry's back.

The poor guy got an earful after calling me about a problem a visitor to my site had with getting a refund from a 3rd party seller. After we took care of the original business, he asked if there was anything else he could do for me.

I told him:

"Yeah, please let your CEO know that I applaud his b*lls in standing up for our industry and fighting the state of NY in court." - He said he'd for sure pass on the message. Cool!

I feel a lot better now.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Oh and I also told him that I loved Amazon DESPITE their puny commissions and ridiculous cookie duration. He said he's pass on that feedback too.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Rexanne, you are amazing!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Nice!! I like!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Rexanne

G.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I hear ya Rex. Sometimes it just feels good to vent a little. Guess the "you can never collect enough tax" crowd in the NY legislature may have this one come back to bite their buttocks'

I'm curious about what New Yorkers (not NY affiliates, or outside merchants) think about the new NY tax attack. I kind of doubt that consumers there have really thought about it as it does not affect their wallets, but for those who may be up to snuff on it, I wonder how they feel about it...

Anyway, great job of passing along the support to Amazon. I am inclined to think that this new larceny attempt in NY will be repealed, we shall see.;
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Worthwhile words from one amazon to another... WTG Rexanne!

No insinuations intended...

X

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Rexanne, good on your part! The industry thanks you for letting them know how I am sure many feel about Amazon right now.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Worthwhile words from one amazon to another.
    Rexanne, Warrior Princess. Has a nice ring to it.

Hey y'all - thanks for the kudos although this was meant to be a thread cheering Amazon.

Amazon certainly deserves our applause and support - they are fighting this battle for the entire industry and whoever made the decision to sue NYS, did so without having to think twice or analyze what it would do for their image. He/she just DID IT and I especially applaud that type of courage and CLEAR thinking.

Alan, I'm hoping you're right and this stupid upheaval of an entire industry will just go away (thanks to Amazon!).

What won't go away is the anguish NY affiliates have had to deal with and the bad taste the merchants who dropped them left us with.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    What won't go away is the anguish NY affiliates have had to deal with and the bad taste the merchants who dropped them left us with. [/size][/font][/size][/font]
    The NY decision is headed for (I believe) some major changes, if not repeal. The undue burden and restraint of trade issues that this new "piece of work" would cause on a nationwide scale will not stand a constitutional challenge IMO.

As for the merchants, they are not the culprits here. More appropriately, they were hit in the head with an undeserved brick! The headache and unjustified expense this pick-pocket attempt would have on commerce leaves many merchants with little choice. It's definitely a pain in the patoot for NY affiliates for now, but this too will change. In the meantime, I applaud Amazon for their leadership in challenging this naive legislation.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread