Two more bit the dust.

Here is what they said
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Historic Tree Nursery

"Unfortunately, CJ has increasingly created walls of separation between “publishers” and “advertisers,” making it more and more difficult to create customized programs to generate more sales for you, our affiliates. We believe in having a close working relationship with our affiliates,..... " <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We regret to inform you that MyHobbyPlace.com will be depating from the Commission Junction network. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No reason was given.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

ABW Ambassador
    Some big ones should leave so that CJ wakes up from the slumber with the parasites.

They come and go all the time. As of today the total advertiser list consists of 1251 advertisers. What will it be next month and what was it last month?

As far as close working relationships all they need to do is get a forum here at abw. Doesn't matter what tracking system they use or third party. Indy's with higher commissions are great but the old "do they pay" is always a factor with them.

How much did I really make?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Historic Tree Nursery <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, one of them was THAT place?? Heck, be glad they stayed as long as they did; I flagged it as a Dead Program Walking when they signed up. Good concept, but not enough already-existing demand (is ANYONE searching for the offspring of historic trees ANYWHERE?) and no amount of "relationship" with affiliates would change that fundamental market fact. It sounds to me like that niche merchant was (unrealistically) expecting non-niche results.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    [QUOTE] Historic Tree Nursery <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Dead Program Walking<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I use that?

Is Bonsai Boy of NY leaving CJ too ? I've just received a notification thay they'll terminate the affiliation.

Remember what I told you about CJ in two years. Don't blame me if you don't have a backup plan.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    Remember what I told you about CJ in two years. Don't blame me if you don't have a backup plan.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope, theyll blame ME because i told them 2 years ago and they forgot!

ABW Ambassador
    I noticed nbaf magazines is deactivated.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well Bonsai Boys of NY and that Historic Tree site seeking sales for unique Bonsai Starter plants will loose some traffic from my pages. Don't know what that peepee merchnat GiftTree did to get wacked as a secondary sales channel for Bonsai Boys of NY. Amazing these folks might think they have a lock just playing the SEO listing game now the BHO's bypassed their diverson/leakage game and they can't get eBates off their payroll.

My timing is great as I added MyHobbyPlace to my hobby/toys pages to replace the ZERO performer ABCtoys

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Animal Lover
    Redsand,

the weird thing about bonsaiboy is that they seem to have 3 affiliate programs running - if you look at their signup page, you can sign up with CJ, Shareasale or Plugingo (or something?)...I didn't receive any notification about their stopping the program with CJ...will have to check my mail again. If they are with SAS, you may want to sign up there?? They've never converted for me so I may ditch them...

Oscar

Did anyone ever notice you never see really good merchants leaving? The more that leave CJ the better IMO. It leaves me with a better list to choose from.

How much did I really make?

Animal Lover
    Hey I just contacted Bonsai Boy and they had no intention of leaving CJ - they were just terminating merchants which had no sales conversions for more than 1 year.

Oscar

they sell nothing but craps anyway.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread