Malicious Software? What are they talking about??
    Steve and The eBay Partner Network Quality Team,

I have no idea what you are talking about !!!! I do not use any kind of software, I buy targeted traffic from 2nd teir providers, which is ALLOWED by the terms of your program and is what I was approved for by the ebay team. I need to talk to a LIVE person about this right away, I followed all of the rules set forth in your terms and I have alot of money invested into EPN. I had faith that this was going to be a honest and viable buisness. This need to get resloved right away and I will
    be trying to find a phone number at the eBay corporate offices to talk to a live person as well, I have nothing to hide and I am willing to give you any information you feel is nessary to resolve this.

I must say that my faith in this program and in ebay has been shaken, and I hope you will prove to me that this was just a mistake and a misunderstanding on your part.

Steve Hartman, I have also left you a voicemail regarding this, I would like to see you personally involved in this.

Becky McCormick
    becky@advpctech.com

-----Original message-----
    From: "eBayPartnerNetwork-quality" eBayPartnerNetwork-quality@ebay.com
    Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 18:08:45 -0500
    To: becky@advpctech.com
    Subject: Expiration Malicious Software

> Dear Becky,
    >
    > After reviewing your account transactions, we determined that you have > been using undisclosed and/or malicious software in your promotion of > eBay, which directs non-user initiated traffic to the site. This > violates our Code of Conduct and breaches the agreement between us. > Your account will be terminated immediately. However, any pending > payment will take place as per the Network Agreement. You are not > allowed to rejoin the eBay Partner Network.
    >
    > As stated in Section (A):
    >
    > (A) Non-Bona Fide Transactions:
    >
    > 1. You will not cause any transactions to be made that are not in good > faith, including but not limited to using invisible methods to generate > impressions, clicks or transactions that are not initiated by the > affirmative action of an end user, or using any cookie, device, program, > robot, Iframe or hidden frame, pop-up window or any other operation or > process that interferes with our ability to properly identify and track > transactions.
    >
    > 2. You will not deliver any ePN-related cookies or other tracking tags > to the computers of users that are merely viewing your advertisements or > while your applications are merely active or open.
    >
    > 3. You will not interfere with or seek to improperly influence the > referral of an end user to Participating Sites and Content unless the > end user knowingly and explicitly consents to that behavior by taking an > affirmative action.
    >
    > Furthermore, Section (G) states:
    >
    > (G)Downloadable Software- You will not promote Participating Sites and > Content using downloadable software ("DLS") without ePN's or the > Advertiser's advance written approval. Such Promotional Methods must > comply with the additional terms in this section. ePN reserves the right > to immediately terminate any promotion through DLS at any time, with or > without notice or cause.
    >
    > 1. Legal Compliance. Your operation of the DLS complies with all > applicable laws and regulations in all relevant jurisdictions, does not > deceive consumers about its nature, purpose, or operation, is easy to > uninstall through a standard uninstall mechanism, and does not interfere > with the proper functioning of consumers' computers.
    > 2. Trusted Download. The DLS will have been "white listed" in accordance > with the TRUSTe Trusted Download Program or otherwise complies with the > TRUSTe Trusted Download Program Requirements (available at > http://www.truste.org/pdf/Trusted_Do..._Agreement.pdf), > as applicable for the type of DLS, unless we otherwise waive this > requirement in advance in writing.
    > Regards,
    > The eBay Partner Network Quality Team
    >
    > You have received this administrative communication because you are > registered on the eBay Partner Network. If you have any questions, > please visit the eBay Partner Network Agreement > , Code of Conduct > , and Privacy Policy > .
    >
    > Copyright (c) 2008 eBay Partner Network Inc. All Rights Reserved. > Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective > owners. eBay and the eBay Logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
    >
    >
    >

ABW Ambassador
    "I buy targeted traffic from 2nd teir providers,"

Like who?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    "I buy targeted traffic from 2nd teir providers,"

Like who?
    www.mamma.com
    www.dogpile.com
    www.lycos.com
    www.ask.com
    www. revisitors.com
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; June 6th, 2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: unlinked revisitors.com

ABW Ambassador
    I know all of them except the last one. Checked the last one and ebay says:

"which directs non-user initiated traffic to the site."

The revisitors site says - The brand new Revisitors technology delivers thousands of targetted visitors to your website using full-page redirection. And it works great!

I have no idea what that's all about but could that be the problem? Ebay says you need an affirmative action of an end user. Redirection is not that.

"Basically, all we do is redirect the traffic coming from our network to your website."

What url did you send traffic to at revisitors.com, yours or directly to an ePN link? If you were sending it directly to an ePN link... you lose.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread