Ebay seller and maybe BANS?
    I sell around $1000 a month right now on ebay and recently started a blog called budget savvy shopper. My goal was to promote my personal shopping service through this blog but now i'm thinking incorporating BANS or phpbay would be better. I figure, if i let my customers know about my blog and post auctions of interest to them, they will come back to my site, and obviously since i found them on ebay, they will make purchases by clicking through my site, even if they don't buy what i post, and i'll get commission. Am i thinking in the right direction or am i completely off base with the ebay affiate program? I currently use wordpress, and downloaded phpbay lite but ran into problems because i don't have a host right now so can't use it (so i think). Then from what i have played around with, you can't post pictures with generating links from the ebay site.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Only advice would be this: If you decide to go with this and are debating about whether to use BANS or phpbay -- go immediately to their website and buy phpbay pro. It's incredibly flexible and will do wonders on any WordPress theme. (Shameless If you decide to go with phpBay Pro, email me at gsfreelance at gmail.com and I would be happy to send you my affiliate link for phpBay Pro for you to buy it through. Hey, why not?)

Seriously, I looked at some BANS sites and thought they were pretty hum-ho with little originality. On the other hand, the phpBay Pro plugin has something like 14 variables you can use to draw auctions off eBay into your website. And WordPress software is so incredibly flexible you can make your site look just about any way you'd like. I would encourage you, if you decide to go with the idea in your post above, to go to the phpbay.com website and look it over, if you haven't yet?
    Generate more fake news.

PhpBayPro 3.0.1 is the only way to go IMO. By far the best ebay software I have ever used.

I've been looking around, not very hard, for scripts to pull eBay listings into a site. It's not something I'm in a rush to do, just something that's on my very long list of things to do, you know? So, I opened the BANS site in one tab just now, and the phpbay site in another. When it comes time to buy a script, I'll be buying phpbay pro - why? Two reasons. First, it comes recommended by someone whose opinion I trust. Second, the price for the BANS script is nowhere to be found on their home page. That's a huge turn-off for me, because it comes across like they know it's overpriced so they're hiding it until the last minute. When you click Order, you have to scroll waaaaaay down through another sales pitch (didn't I already say I wanted to order by clicking the Order button?) and way down at the bottom, they mention the price being $97. Strike two: scripts, software and eBooks that are priced ending in 7 are gimmicky. Set a real price. phpbay pro is $49. That's respectable (not to mention half the cost of BANS).

phpbay pro: up-front and honest, FTW. Thanks for pointing it out here - I hadn't come across it on my own yet.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Looks like pepperjam pops up everywhere now:
    Just wanted to let you guys know that the eBay program on Pepperjam Network has been released as part of phpBay Pro 3.0.1 for Wordpress.
    Thats from a digitalpoint Looks like they are happy over there.

That's probably a digitalpoint post from someone who has the phpbay Pro 3.0.1 and posts regularly at the phpbay member forums. Lot of excitement going on there about PJ and eBay.

I really am a bit perplexed about PJ and I've never really been able to figure out how they work with eBay, i.e., what advantage could there possibly be doing eBay via PJ instead of the eBay owned/created EPN? I've asked the PJ people about it repeatedly at the phpbay member forums. Not very clear about it all, personally.

I must emphasize, however, that the phpbay Pro plugin merely offers PJ as an option for those who've chosen PJ instead of EPN. It in no way requires you to join or have anything to do with PJ if you choose to continue working with EPN.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I really am a bit perplexed about PJ and I've never really been able to figure out how they work with eBay, i.e., what advantage could there possibly be doing eBay via PJ instead of the eBay owned/created EPN? I've asked the PJ people about it repeatedly at the phpbay member forums. Not very clear about it all, personally.
    The only advantage of PaperJam over ePN that I've seen is that PaperJam is foreign affiliate friendly and accepts non-US applications.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    The only advantage of PaperJam over ePN that I've seen is that PaperJam is foreign affiliate friendly and accepts non-US applications.
    Oh really? That's good, I guess, for non-US apps.

I seem to recall reading something in the threads at the phpbay members' forums that PJ wasn't yet set up so you could do non-US eBays via PJ using the phpbay plugin. I want to think the discussion was that you can't yet do any of the non-US ebays via PJ at all. But that might be wrong.

I'm confused again.
    Generate more fake news.

Well, I don't know for certain. I'm just basing my comment on what some others have said about it. I believe drewbert and/or lostdeviant joined the PJ eBay program. Maybe they could weigh-in here?

X

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    If you weren't auto-rejected for the inhouse Ebay program, you wouldn't be excited.

I'm happy about the news that this script will work with Ebay via PJ.

The advantage: We can promote Ebay now.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Well, I don't know for certain. I'm just basing my comment on what some others have said about it. I believe drewbert and/or lostdeviant joined the PJ eBay program. Maybe they could weigh-in here?
    Actually, I joined Ebay via PJ AFTER reading about being about to join via PJ (probably this same thread) :-)

I still have to try the WordPress plugin, I was just waiting to hear that it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    Actually, I joined Ebay via PJ AFTER reading about being about to join via PJ (probably this same thread) :-)

I still have to try the WordPress plugin, I was just waiting to hear that it worked.
    Thanks for that...
    Here's the thread where this was talked about; http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...pepperjam+ebay second page...

X

You're right, that's the thread. Drewbert joined and then I saw the comment and joined.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread