Pay Per Install Programs... any good suggestions?
    I am looking for companies that pay per install for legit adware. I am not looking for companies like zango that screws the surfer and other advertisers.

Stuff like weather bug, google tool bar, firefox etc...

I am looking to bundle something with my product, so they would have to be ok with being bundled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    No.
    Lets say I have a very legit product and I am getting 1,000's of downloads a day. Nothing shaddy, no cookie thieft, no bullshit. Legit product like weatherbug or something like that. I want to offer my customers another service during download of my program, there is no other legit companies out there for me to partner up with on this?

no one ?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    There may be some, but I doubt anyone here would know of any (including me).

Here, those programs are known for being Parasiteware. And granted, those that aren't parasitic now, usually either were before, or will become it.

Which stands to reason, actually. Bundling adware is tricky or at least semi-tricky the majority of the time--most users probably don't realize they're getting it until they've got it. So adware-companies cool with being bundled most likely aren't going to be the no-bull variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    There may be some, but I doubt anyone here would know of any (including me).

Here, those programs are known for being Parasiteware. And granted, those that aren't parasitic now, usually either were before, or will become it.

Which stands to reason, actually. Bundling adware is tricky or at least semi-tricky the majority of the time--most users probably don't realize they're getting it until they've got it. So adware-companies cool with being bundled most likely aren't going to be the no-bull variety.

The solution sounds like working with a company that has an established good reputation that actually provides a service that people want. Not all the bullshit scumware zango type companies that basically trick you into install shit that pops up on your computer constantly and hijacks your browser.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread