Timed redirect of web page
    I'm trying to increase my conversion rate from my Landing Pages. I'm wondering if a 10 second delay redirect <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="10;URL=http://www.yoursite.com/"> would hurt my SEO? Anybody's experiences, comments would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Kevin

How would a redirect improve your conversion rates?
    --

I don't know that it will... but I'm giving it a try with a few landing pages.
    I would try more but I don't want to mess with my SEO.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    To me, this sounds a lot like: I'm going to hit myself in the head with a hammer, cuz it's gonna feel so good when I stop."
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I doubt it would hurt your SEO, but I'm pretty sure it will hurt your conversion rate, and here's why. People surf the web at a pretty fast rate looking for information, products, etc. If you make them wait 10 seconds to get to another page, they are likely to just close out your site and go somewhere else that has a much faster response time. If anything, you should be looking for ways to speed up the process, not slow it down.

I really want people to hit my .asp dynamic pages. When I use that address with (?) in the url (Landing Pages) with my PPC campaigns my QS goes from good to poor. In the past when I have more people hitting my interactive pages my registration and conversions go up.

I'm also trying to speed up the process of them getting to my interactive pages within 10 seconds of hitting my Landing page. I have a ton of links in many different ways that they can click on.

I'm trying to say that the page that my redirect is going to sells the site. but that page is not very SE and PPC friendly.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KODea
    I'm trying to say that the page that my redirect is going to sells the site. but that page is not very SE and PPC friendly.
    So, the idea is to trick SEs into giving you SERPs based on the content on one page, while clicking on the results will take the vistor to a different page?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

forced redirects are kind of frowned on, especially under AdWords latest iteration. Might try to put that high converting page into a static format to use for your landing page.

Ok here's a better way of doing this. Instead of having your visitors go to the content page, then re-directing them in 10 seconds to the page you actually wanted them to go to in the first place, work on optimizing your landing page that actually sells so your QS in Adwords will go from poor to great. It's actually not hard to do this, just make sure you have your main keyword(s) in the title, description tag, and in a H1 tag on your landing page, as well as within the page itself. This will help both your PPC and SEO for that page. Also do some research on SEO for even more information on how to optimize that page.

No the idea is not to trick, both pages are relevant to the search term. However, I think that they might indeed be frowned at and thanks for the "static format" idea I think I'm going for that.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread