VERY newbie question - which site builder?
    Hello,
    Many moons ago I was a merchant and worked mostly with Linkshare. Jump ahead 5 years...I've been a stay-at-home mom and have some ideas I'd like to try on the affiliate side. I know the industry is completely different now and I have lots to learn! So my very first question, and please note I am not a techie and have little HTML experience...
    Which site builder do you recommend that will suppport the links, etc from programs like Linkshare and CJ? I've been looking at the Yahoo ones and Website Tonight on GO Daddy. I like the selection of templates on Website Tonight, but am unsure if I can actually use a tool like this to build an affiliate site? Any thoughts would be MUCH appreciated!
    Thank you -

No Longer Banned!
    Angie Wants To know Which Is Better, WebSite Tonight, Or Site Builder....
    Quote Originally Posted by AngiePM
    Hello,
    Many moons ago I was a merchant and worked mostly with Linkshare. Jump ahead 5 years...I've been a stay-at-home mom and have some ideas I'd like to try on the affiliate side. I know the industry is completely different now and I have lots to learn! So my very first question, and please note I am not a techie and have little HTML experience...
    Which site builder do you recommend that will suppport the links, etc from programs like Linkshare and CJ? I've been looking at the Yahoo ones and Website Tonight on GO Daddy. I like the selection of templates on Website Tonight, but am unsure if I can actually use a tool like this to build an affiliate site? Any thoughts would be MUCH appreciated!
    Thank you -
    Angie.

I have been with Yahoo ! for eight years running. I started out w/ GeoCities then migrated.. I have used SiteBuilder and tried a few other things and I must say that yahoo is a pain in the ass when you are trying to get things put exactly how you want them.

I wound up abandoning the site builder for that reason and also because the extra strings of code make the editing process very confusing indeed.

Site builder might be a good way to get your feet wet, but I suggest you do it freehand even if you use popshops.

Now here is another thing to consider, that I'm not sure of, will site builder hurt your ability to rank in the search engines ? Maybe not, but good to know first.

I a have asked If popshops will hurt my rankings {In a round about way here}and While I am not getting any one to say straight out a definitive yes, I am thinking that in some ways it sure can. {Before any one flames me, There is more to it that I'm not explaining here}.

Yahoo is great if you are just learning how to build a site, and I'm sure no expert either ma'am, I know just enough HTML to do simple maintenance / repairs ect. I can't write a site from scratch. I have made versions of the one I have now all typed by hand {except the products} and it Looked like I was homeless. So I See your point of view perfectly clear here.

I suggest that you try to migrate away from A site builder of any kind and use a different method. SiteBuilder is OK to start, but I hope you will consider other methods.

Best

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; June 8th, 2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Texas Grammar.... Beachy, HELP !!
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Without a doubt, check out XSitePro - http://www.XSitePro.com. They just released a new version which is spectacular.

Jim

Thanks for the replies! Does anyone have thoughts on using a dotnetskin platform for affiliate marketing?

Why don't you get a custom site built? Let me know if your interested

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread