Is AOL working for anybody??
    I use my other browsers all the time but still have one of my email accounts and all the stuff that goes with a free aol account. Is anybody able to get it to work for them today? Was able to log on but didn't tell me I had mail, didn't pop up with the usual welcome screen full of news, etc, the window with all the channels, etc. When I try to visit any site, nothin.

So......since it's kinda a teeny bit of partially workin not sure if somehow it's just happening on my computer or is an aol problem. Uhhhh since I'm gettin the stuff free, can't very well complain to em. lol But, will be a bit of a problem gettin links (ya know where ya click the email and it goes to CJ, etc.) Most of my affiliate email goes to that one So am gonna have to try forwarding to another email I guess if it's just happening on my computer and not gonna be fixed soon.

Really hot here, so thinkin that may be a reason if there is a problem??

AOL is working fine for me right now. In fact I just sent an email before I came "here."

I have been slowly weaning my ten years worth of contacts away from AOL, but it will take quite a while to accomplish that feat. I originally started using them in the ol' dial-up days because I could connect to the Internet and get email no matter where I traveled. There was almost always a free "local" dial-up number. And, if not, I could pay a small fee to use the 800 number.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks Beachy for lettin me know Umm I'm hoping maybe they're slowly fixin the problem I'm havin maybe, then?

It's kinda like uhhhhh maybe, here comes the site....yeap, there it is errr nope.....away it goes lol A site will pop up in the browser for a sec, then disappears. lol So, links in email are workin that way, too. Since I posted the seconds are maybe a 1/2 a sec. longer in time....so maybe it'll get itself fixed

My email is coming in now, haven't tried to send any out tho cos I'm afraid if it's not working correctly they'll be out in aol no man's land, never to be heard of again.

"I have been slowly weaning my ten years worth of contacts away from AOL, but it will take quite a while to accomplish that feat."

Yeap, think that's how they manage to keep us lol We used their email, so now we don't wanna give it up cos soooooo many people send us email to that address. lol I still had them on dial-up til just a little over a year ago.

Thanks again for lettin me know

ABW Ambassador
    So it is working now I see?

If this happens again, you could always try getting in to your mail account through aol.com, without loading up the whole AOL program.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread