Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Looking To Kickstart A Blog
    I recently started a blog but don't have a time to really post as much as I'd like. The blog is pretty well focused on one subject with four categories. I am thinking of paying for posts just to get it going.

Has any one here ever paid for posts. If so what is the going rate.

Also, if any one here is interested in posting PM me and I'll e-mail you with details on the subject matter.

Thanks
    Thanks,
    Doug

CPA Network Rep Dina - MarketLeverage Blogger's Avatar
    I haven't paid anyone to post on my blog. Once you get it up and running you could ask for guest posters to send in their posts to you. Then you can use them when you don't have time to make a post. It benefits you that you don't have to write the post and it benefits the guest poster by giving them a backlink to their site. You don't pay for guest posts, so it will save you some money.
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Dina Riccobono[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR=Blue]MarketLeverage Marketing Manager
    Twitter: MarketLeverage / MLDina[/COLOR]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by itsupportnotes
    I recently started a blog but don't have a time to really post as much as I'd like. The blog is pretty well focused on one subject with four categories. I am thinking of paying for posts just to get it going.

Has any one here ever paid for posts. If so what is the going rate.

Also, if any one here is interested in posting PM me and I'll e-mail you with details on the subject matter.

Thanks
    Why blog then?

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Why blog then?
    1. Good domain name was available.
    2. I'm interested in learinging different methoods of making money via the web
    3. The subject of the blog has been an interest since about 2nd grade.
    Thanks,
    Doug

I must admit that it kind of defeats the point of blogging, but if you really dont want to put too much time and effort into your blog you could also just rewrite other peoples posts as this should be pretty easy. Paying for posts is not something I have experience of, but have a look at job boards or marketplace boards on blogging sites, such as problogger[DOT]net which should give you some idea as to the cost of this and also where you can find writers.

CPA Network Rep
    Guest posters are great, but are hard to come by if your site is new and doesn't have very many followers. Have a look at Unique Article Wizard... they have a sweet plugin that posts unique content to your blog that is related to your blog. It is very slick.

If your blog is going to be your flagship, I would not suggest you to buy crappy articles to post them on the blog. Hiring writers or bloggers that are from your niche will definitely be better than article writers that require $5/article.

Of course, you could work out a deal with of around $25 to $30 per blog post or you could secure their services on a full time basis.

TIP: Go over to sites like Blogger.com and Wordpress.com to look for good bloggers. These bloggers often love their topic but have no idea about marketing and monetization.

As Chet pointed out, if you are not willing to do the time required why blog at all. However, I don't think you need to post as often as daily unless your blog is a de-facto news paper like The Huffington Post.

Once a week on Monday or Tuesdays is sufficient, if the information is good.
    Twice a week is probably the best option - something akin to a weekday
    edition posted on Monday and a weekend edition posted on Thrusday.

You have to make the decision, is my blog a toy or a business and that what you have to say has some merit it in it for people to keep returning to read the thing.

And here's a trick to get some free readership: Go to Squidoo and create a Squidoo page about your blog and why people should read your blog. - and don't forget to put a link to it in your write up. You will get some readers and if your blog is first rate, the readers will rate it and you get more traffic.

In the short term future, blogs will be the principle vehicles to online fortunes.
    All you have to do is get enough readership to make it happen.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by net4biz
    And here's a trick to get some free readership: Go to Squidoo and create a Squidoo page about your blog and why people should read your blog. - and don't forget to put a link to it in your write up. You will get some readers and if your blog is first rate, the readers will rate it and you get more traffic.
    Definitely. Also, use Squidoo's RSS module to syndicate the headlines of your blog posts to Squidoo.

Also set up other user accts at aggregator/social bookmarking sites like bloglines and technorati. Twitter's API is also very useful for syndicating your content to an interested reader base. It's all good

You love sports. Then find other people who love sports AND can write. You could as Wayne said go to Blogger.com or Wordpress.com to find potential writers but it would be even better if you looked around at blogs and forums that focus on the subject matter and see if you can find some people to approach whose writing you find enjoyable.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

I suppose paying for another person to post to get your blog going is ok, just as long as its kept fresh and new. But i go along with the fact if your not going to put in the work yourself, whats the point? I personally feel if you start a blog for your business or money you should put your own personal flare on it instead of having someone else write it, otherwise that person could always get bored doing it for you and do it for themselves.

http and a telephoto
    Some blogs are created to build a community and give people information and resources in a specific niche, not all blogs are for personal writing. Hiring writers, with *their* byline, not yours, is a perfectly acceptable way to add content to a blog. I don't think Ghost Writers are a good idea, but hiring writers or having guest bloggers are great ways to add content and build community.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by StarWAHF
    I suppose paying for another person to post to get your blog going is ok, just as long as its kept fresh and new. But i go along with the fact if your not going to put in the work yourself, whats the point? I personally feel if you start a blog for your business or money you should put your own personal flare on it instead of having someone else write it, otherwise that person could always get bored doing it for you and do it for themselves.
    These are great points. Personally, to make a blog successful you need passion. If you care about your blog, might as well do the work yourself. With no time to do the work yourself I say hire people who have the same ideas/passions and will represent you well.

hmmm...
    I believe that real stories are good stories. So I believe that since a blog is : usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order...with that said I believe a blog should only be from the person or group of people actually exspressing their thought or general statements. My personal opinion.

http and a telephoto
    I think people are mixing up the concept of personal blogs vs business blogs vs community blogs.

A blog is a way to build a website. There is no rule that says it has to be all one person's writing or content to be a good blog. It's a website with a topic. That can be managed by one person or many. With original content or not.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

understandable.
    Thats completely understandable. I was just commenting that I like to hear any kind of blog from the horses mouth per say. Thats all.

Like said before, a blog can mean anything from writing personal experiences to a CMS platform.

I'd be willing to bet some of the top blogs out there, news, political, celebrity or whatever, have a team of writers...

There is no rule that says it has to be all one person's writing or content to be a good blog.
    Yep, that's why blog software is designed to accomodate different authors, permissions, etc.

Wayne, you are spot on with your last graf. As a top blogger, I can generate site hits and comments like gangbusters, but before doing research into marketing, I had not a clue that I could parlay this into actual money.

One thing to do is take a close look at the topic area and make it something that numerous people are reading about and commenting to -- preferably something that resonates with both men and women of all education and socio-economic groups. A good blog should be able to be read, comprehended and appreciated with someone with a high-school education, yet appreciated by those with a higher degree(s). Your "target market" can be widespread if you adhere to this one rule.

I'm in the process of trying to create a viable, marketable site in a blog format that is marketed discreetly and tastefully. I'll probably be very slow on the draw for a while, but it's important for me to get it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Liew
    If your blog is going to be your flagship, I would not suggest you to buy crappy articles to post them on the blog. Hiring writers or bloggers that are from your niche will definitely be better than article writers that require $5/article.

Of course, you could work out a deal with of around $25 to $30 per blog post or you could secure their services on a full time basis.

TIP: Go over to sites like Blogger.com and Wordpress.com to look for good bloggers. These bloggers often love their topic but have no idea about marketing and monetization.

If you treat your blog purely as a CMS for an affiliate site, there's nothing wrong with hiring writers, IMHO. I certainly do that, and I hire good people who bring in the sales, allowing me to deal with other prospects. It's simple outsourcing. I outsource design and coding in some projects, why not outsource writing? It's just sales text, in the end, albeit in a friendlier tone.

I usually pay $5-$10 for a short post (under 500 words) - a lot depends on what you're looking for: length of the post, quality of the post (i.e. a certain tone and style), does the writer have to grab images and affiliate codes for the post, or do you want nothing but text etc). I expect top writers would charge even more. For the record, my writers are Americans

Get blog going
    Hey Doug,

If you have a specific topic see if Facebook has fans for this. Promote your blog to friends on Facebook/Myspace. Many might also like to do some writing for you though I agree with most folks here most blog to express their views and ideas but as loxly said creating community is certainly a viable goal. If there are forums related to your subject matter go post there as well.

Cheers

intro level question: are blogs supposed to have new content every week?

A blog can have content every week, every day or any combination there of. The most important thing to remember is be consistent. At first I felt like I needed to post every day but as my sites have become more established I have found that posting 2-3 times works for me. Quality, well thought out posts, post titles and content will go you more good than a quantity of junk posts any day.

One thing you can do is schedule your posts. Let's say you have a block of time on a Sunday afternoon. You can write 2-3 posts for the week and then alter the publish time-date stamp so the posts go live over the course of the week - say Mon, Wed, Fri.

thank you!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I've been looking at a site where you can purchase articles, maybe there would be something there of interest for you. The only caveat I would put out there would be to make sure the article is actually theirs to sell.

Here is the site: www.constant-content.com

I want to finally flesh out a military history domain that I have with some war related articles, and it looks likt there are one or two decent authors that I can use there.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Yeah, Constant-Content should be ok. I actually sold an article of mine there a while ago. I am not working as a writer btw, it was something I had posted there years ago, back when I was writing my own content, and forgot all about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast