Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Angry Avoid Randall Scott Cycle if you're a coupon site
    Yesterday I made my first sale with Randall Scott Cycle in several months. (Which isn't surprising considering how often they've gone offline over the last year or so.) Today I received a decline notice from them and when I checked my reports found that they had voided the sale with the following explanation.

"We do not honor commissions for coupon sites as per the affiliate agreement Sale - 862-21411"

I wrote to them and told them that I was accepted to their program back in December 2006, and at that time there was no mention of coupon site commissions not being honored. Of course they wrote back saying they had made the change months ago and it was my responsibility to know they had made the change. I wrote back and told them:

"When you changed those terms, you should have immediately removed all coupon sites from your program. For large affiliates like myself who have over 1500 merchants that we promote, it is not reasonable to expect us to monitor every single policy agreement on the multiple affiliate networks and indy programs that we belong to. "

So anyway if you're a coupon site who still has Randall Scott Cycle (RSCycle) links on your site, you might as well go ahead and remove them, as they won't be honoring the commissions and you'll be sending them free traffic and sales.

-- Todd Martini

P.S. Anyone know of any decent bicycle merchants out there? I noticed Cambria Bicycle at SAS is offline now too...
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    Bike Nashbar at CJ. I think Jenson USA at SAS.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Check out JensonUSA on SAS.

Edit: Trust beat me too it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Bike Nashbar at CJ. I think Jenson USA at SAS.
    Thanks Trust. Nashbar removed all their coupon affiliates awhile back, but I've done well w/ JensonUSA over the last couple of years. Anybody know of any others?
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    "Thanks Trust. Nashbar removed all their coupon affiliates awhile back,"

Ah, I remember that. The other day I was working on my sporting goods section and noticed them at CJ and applied, put links back up. Forgot about that past removal. I wonder if things have changed since I notice they have some coupon creative available.

From RSCycle affiliate page:
    What kind of websites are eligible?

The sky is the limit! Message boards, shopping sites, and product review sites are all ideal sources of traffic. We do reserve the right to exclude sites based on content at our discretion (for example, sites that promote hate or violence, or sites with adult content are excluded).
    A coupon site must be beyond the sky limit.

"Nashbar removed all their coupon affiliates awhile back"

Umm, does that mean they removed us from the program or we could still be in the program and they just won't give us any commission?

I'm in their program so not sure if they just don't consider me a coupon site or not? I know I'm not always considered one by some since they kinda consider me as a hybrid. lol Guess I've got coupons and content so not exactly sure what they consider me. I consider myself to be a coupon site since there's lots of coupons on my site. lol

Took this from CJ for Nashbar for the Detail they have about em where you can apply:

"In addition, you'll be the first to hear about special promotions like the newest coupon codes, shipping discounts, even seasonal sales."

Ummm whatever ya do, don't quiz me on differences between all the different types of bikes. lol but Gary's got PricePoint, too. they've got all kinds of bikes. (umm, I think bicycles are there, too.)

Don't know if Performance Bike would have that same policy towards coupon sites?

oops, forgot to say - that sucks what they did to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    "Nashbar removed all their coupon affiliates awhile back"

Umm, does that mean they removed us from the program or we could still be in the program and they just won't give us any commission?

I'm in their program so not sure if they just don't consider me a coupon site or not? I know I'm not always considered one by some since they kinda consider me as a hybrid. lol Guess I've got coupons and content so not exactly sure what they consider me. I consider myself to be a coupon site since there's lots of coupons on my site. lol

Took this from CJ for Nashbar for the Detail they have about em where you can apply:

"In addition, you'll be the first to hear about special promotions like the newest coupon codes, shipping discounts, even seasonal sales."

Ummm whatever ya do, don't quiz me on differences between all the different types of bikes. lol but Gary's got PricePoint, too. they've got all kinds of bikes. (umm, I think bicycles are there, too.)

Don't know if Performance Bike would have that same policy towards coupon sites?

oops, forgot to say - that sucks what they did to ya.
    Hey PB!

Performance Bike and Nashbar are owned by the same company, so they have the same coupon site policy. I just tried reapplying to Nashbar and Performance Bike and was immediately turned down, so I don't think they've changed the policy. They probably haven't caught on yet that you have coupons on your site. Hopefully they won't do what RSCycle did and expire you once you make a sale.

-- T
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Why would merchants exclude coupon sites yet give coupon codes? Bunch of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    Why would merchants exclude coupon sites yet give coupon codes? Bunch of idiots.
    You got it.

They aren't even smart enough to be idiots.

Maybe it's too much inbreeding.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread