ABW Ambassador
    I usually get a minimal amount from Google daily that is a nice little extra after a month but today It seems to have moved up a few gears. I am on over 50 bucks for the day from not too many clicks.

Is anyone else seeing this or could it just be a bidding war for the keywords those adds are being served for?

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.</font>

I would expect a bit of a boost in your "area" over the next few weeks. Last year at this time I was doing some PPC (not Adwords though) in this "area" and bidding competition did start to get pretty aggressive with the onset of a cooler season.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't run Google Adsense ads in the "Area" to which you refer.

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>Parasiteware - Any software, process or method that aims to make money by avoiding any involvement in the sales process apart from hijacking transactions that have been created by the hard work of others.</font>

You shouldn't give any kind of stats info about your AdSense account, according to terms.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks SamBay I forgot about that.

ABW Ambassador
    you r lucky someone bid in google with high $ for keywords. sometimes i notice with few click get high $

Smart Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

I have noticed higher earnings in general too.

Incidentally though, Google seems to have raised the minimum bid for AdWordsm at least in the UK.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've seen higher earnings, but at least part of that can be attributed to the fact that I've put AdSense on more sites.

I do notice that on some days, bids seem to spike, but sometimes that's offset a couple of days later when the opposite effect happens (maybe the high bidders' accounts run out of money?).

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> bids seem to spike, but sometimes that's offset a couple of days later when the opposite effect happens ~ Leader <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>A bit like today compared to yesterday

I'm noticing similar behavior in my "area"...won't last forever, but it sure is nice... Revenue per click is a bit more than before...

D

I've been surprised to see a big improvement over the past few days, too. My click-through rate is usually pathetic, but in the past few days it has doubled, so earnings are up, too. Don't know what Google is doing differently, but I hope Google keeps doing it.

ABW Ambassador
    Need confirmation. It is my understanding once you are accepted for googles adsense on one site, you are allowed to put it on any other sites you own without contacting google?
    Thanks
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

Yep!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Point #4 of the FAQ:

Yes, and you don't even have to let us know because we'll automatically detect new sites that contain the AdSense ad code. The HTML code we provide you with is valid for any page in any site on which you want to display AdWords ads. However, you may only display AdWords ads on sites that you own or on sites that you are legally authorized to act on behalf of for the purposes of Google AdSense. We also monitor all sites in AdSense to ensure that all pages displaying AdWords ads comply with our program policies. ~Google<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

A curious thought, I have been reading from a lot of you speaking about adsense. Do you not realize they are in direct competition with you if you run an affiliate site?

Hey if I'm wrong I will digress, but after reading everything from the forum, I decided to see what all the fuss and muss was about, perhaps something I missed so I looked, loaded.

On my pages that carry Apparel --- low and behold all my affiliate partners! Yikes guess I should send google my traffic instead of getting that 10-15% commission.

So tell me what are you all hyped abut with this Google Ad Sense?

Oh wait don’t tell me, for those pages that only have content, well why can’t you place an ad 125x125 or text on the side like they do?

I use adsense for only two circumstances.

1. I have a merchant the can't seem to convert sales very well. I've tested and tested and find I still make nearly the same in sales while pulling in some adsense money.

2. I have it show whenever there are no results found in my database. I've found this to give me a fairly significant increase in income.

Using adsense for only these two things I've increase my income by 20%. I test this all the time turning it off for a few days and turning it back on comparing the results.

I wouldn't run it side by side with a good performing merchant but for the under performing saps I'v managed to align myself with it does seem to help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>2. I have it show whenever there are no results found in my database. I've found this to give me a fairly significant increase in income.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is a neat idea

Didn't realise it was you Hayder... your icon change fooled me

It does better as a merchant replacement than a former merchant did for me, ergo, Tiger.

If I was making "normal" sales I probably wouldn't need it, but I normally make so few sales I'm glad to have it on my content pages.

I'm getting not only targetted ads, but some for which high bids must have been placed.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SandraR:
    A curious thought, I have been reading from a lot of you speaking about adsense. Do you not realize they are in direct competition with you if you run an affiliate site?

QUOTE]

Look at it this way - possibly your EPC will be higher with Google Adsense than your regular merchants EPC. You also provide your visitors with more options to click - which generally brings more dollars your way (plus IMO improves an affiliate site). My suggestion is to give Google Adsense the best positioning on your sites - on "all" sites and pages.

Larry Wentz

www.AffiliateNetwork.org

www.NewWebsite.com</p>

I have a content site. I joined AdSense in hopes of getting ads that would be complimentary to the content of my site, offering things I can't offer through affiliate programs. I've blocked ads from companies with which I am affiliated (I was getting tons of Amazon ads, and as an Amazon affiliate I didn't want that).

So far my big problem has not been competing ads, but ads totally unrelated to the content of my site. Google's technology in this regard is far inferior to what I'd expected.

Wentzgo,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Look at it this way - possibly your EPC will be higher with Google Adsense than your regular merchants EPC. You also provide your visitors with more options to click - which generally brings more dollars your way (plus IMO improves an affiliate site). My suggestion is to give Google Adsense the best positioning on your sites - on "all" sites and pages.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I agree

Fairla,

I've also had a little bit of a problem with the unrelated ads on a couple of sites. Luckily for the most part they are dead on with most pages which really impresses me. One page I was able to tweak it enough without hurting my listings to make the ads relevent. The other site I gave up on. I would of had to change too much to make the right ads appear.

I still don't know why the flying lesson ad comes up on some of my pages. Just can't quite figure that one out. The person must be bidding on some pretty unrelated keywords for it to be coming up on certain pages

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

[This message was edited by DaPackster on September 09, 2003 at 03:16 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do you not realize they are in direct competition with you if you run an affiliate site?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out the EPC on AdSense and compare it with most merchants and the popularity of AdSense won't be much of a mystery.

I was going to write a long post but the above paragraph basically says it all! I can't be specific because of the Terms, but AdSense is definitely pulling its weight in terms of payment amounts. EPC's only one factor to consider, but the other factors are similarly good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh wait don’t tell me, for those pages that only have content, well why can’t you place an ad 125x125 or text on the side like they do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because then the ad would have to 1) If CPA, SELL something and not just get clicked. 2) Or, if the site charged advertisers per-click, it would need a tracking method, and the owner would have to hound out advertisers. 3) Or, it could be a CPM ad. But--you can run AdSense AND CPM ads on the same page so you're only shooting your own foot not to! (Plus AdSense pays more than CPM.)

In other words, money and convenience are the reasons AdSense is running on my sites.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread