review only after certain number of post made
    I think only members with certain number of post ( say maybe 10 or 20) should be allowed to submit their site/logo/banner for review here...as seen lot of newbie register on abw just for getting their stuffed reviewed and then after couple of post they disappear. Lot of senior members spend quality time in giving their inputs to these newbie who just disappear afterwards.

I think its important that before they submit stuff for review they also contribute to the forum in terms of number of post and are active..at least this way abw will have a database of active user and also senior members can filter out which users product they want to review ( suppose the user who has submitted his site for review has a bad track record in terms of his post content senior members/other members can simply choose to ignore his review request and thereby saving their time and energy).

users who want to gain from these forum and other experienced members should also contribute to the forum by being active before they can avail of this benefit...

just a thought...i maybe wrong here..

PS: why i stressed on senior members is becoz most of the review request i have seen being answered by senior members/members with huge number of post

I will say that I am a newbie, I have around 40 posts and did submit my site for review. I know that those responded took the time and effort to review my site and were kind enough to take the time away from their own businesses.

I have always been a "lurker" but ABW has pretty much brought me out in the world for ya'll to see, so to speak.

There are always going to be those that just want an opinion from an expert, some are desperate for help and then there are those others.....

By putting a certain amount of posts required to review their site, might be a good idea. You can bring out more of us lurkers into the world of AWB...LOL
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

We're usually pretty good at judging between people trying to spam and/or get backlinks and those honestly seeking reviews. If you think something is spam, just report it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yeah, I'd hate to see us get into more of that stuff. It's bad enough with sigs and PM privileges. The Report Post button is your friend.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

i guess kevin and michaelcoley got me wrong...i am not saying they are spam post from newbies but its just that they are one post wonder member and here only for review and not contributing to the forum..and hence i feel since members are putting so much of efforts to review newbies site..least a newbie can do is be active on the forum and add value to it by contributing post and keep the forum buzzing with activities...

I have to agree with id2k, recently there have been a lot of strangers never heard from after their first post of 'review my site', and a lot of first or second posts being a 'review my site' request.
    After the fact it looks like linkdropping or backlink planting, but until they 'disappear' there is nothing wrong with the post that would flag it as spam. Of course we could just not respond to the first post: Review My Site requests, but not likely; ABWers like to help others. I don't think it should take 500 posts, but it should be for members only (50 posts) so that the person requesting the review can at least know enough about the responders to decide whether to use or take a pass on the advice they get.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    We can all choose to offer a review or ignore the request.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

The site review forum is no-follow so links here are useless, many of the spammers learn that very quickly. However, if a genuine site review comes from a "one post wonder" that doesn't mean they don't return and learn nor others who could learn from what is posted spammy, get rich, technically challenged or otherwise. As such I think it is ill advised to set a threshold before a review request.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Ok makes sense what others including haiko are saying...once again my whole point was to ensure buzz, contribution and activity from newbie and not spamming from newbie...i am sorry if my post conveyed that emssage( spam from newbie) did'nt mean that...was just giving suggesstion/my thoughts...

Being a member here since long and emotionally attached to this forum like many others i will keep contributing my thoughts here related to forum enhancement .. it was nice to see few of the members giving inputs to my post..it was a good healthy discussion and i look forward to more of it.. CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    The site review forum is no-follow so links here are useless, many of the spammers learn that very quickly. However, if a genuine site review comes from a "one post wonder" that doesn't mean they don't return and learn nor others who could learn from what is posted spammy, get rich, technically challenged or otherwise. As such I think it is ill advised to set a threshold before a review request.
    As a newbie, I could not agree with you more. I think i found this site in November and posted a couple of times in December. I think most newbies like myself are a bit overwhelmed and soak in the info rather than post useless info to get a minimum number of posts. Although I have posted just a few times, I find this forum extremely helpful. thanks to all who take the time to post and help people like me as your guidance is much appreciated.

Barney

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread