Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all!

My name is Beth and I'm the affiliate manager at www.sheetmusicplus.com. We have been running our program in house for 5 years, it's been very sucessful and what you guys might appreciate is we've paid on time for five years.

Lately, we've decided to add a big network work program to augment our current program.

It's down to the CJ vantage and beFree (beFast) express.

I was in affilaite marketing a few years ago and I know then affiliates prefered CJ as opposed to beFree. But, I also know Befree has addressed a lot of the old issues.

Do affiliates prefer one Network over another in general or is it a matter of personal taste.

I'd really like feedback on this issue. It matters to us what you think! Our programs are partnerships between us and our affililiates.

Thank you so much for you insights and feedback!

Cheers,

Beth Kirsch

[This message was edited by Beth Kirsch on September 04, 2003 at 01:01 AM.]

[This message was edited by Beth Kirsch on September 04, 2003 at 01:01 AM.]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    CJ

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I would agree with leader on this one.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

Wow, thanks guys!

Let me ask you this one. How do you feel about CJ vs. an in house program?

I think because CJ/BeFree takes a cut, we going to offer CJ/BeFree affilites a flat rate of 8% and our in house program a tiered rate of 8 to 12%. (though nothing has been decided) What is your reaction to that?

I know you'll think both should be the same, but the ROI doesn't work for us then. We need to cut somewhere. And, thought, if affiliate is a high-performer, and wants more, they can join our in house program. I know changing links are a pain, but I'm trying to meet the needs of affiliates and our business requirements.

Any reaction to this issue?

Beth I can definately recommend CJ!

On another note I see you sell drumsticks! These are my favorite all-purpose sticks! I broke three pair this week... does it really take 1-2 weeks to ship?

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

ABW Ambassador
    CJ is fine. But, I would take good in-house program over CJ anyday - especially if the pay his higher. Kind of a no-brainer to me, at least.

Jim

I'd still like CJ as opposed to an independent program. Not so many payment worries, with their consolidated check! And if you run a datafeed through CJ, it'll be in the setup I'm used to.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Beth,

My suggestion would be to save your network fees and instead take a smaller initial step and consider opening a forum here.

If I was to promote you as well as any other affiliate here, there would likely take the in house program with the higher percentages.

Frankly, many of us here are tired of dealing with networks that are quick to push parasites onto merchants and give us double talk when it comes to being a trusted third party.

Before you make any final decision, you should hang around here for a bit and consider this.

The primary advantage CJ offers over befree form an affiliate perspective is a consolidated payment which is why you will see most say CJ.

If your payouts are timely and thresholds are low (you might want to elaborate more on this) you'll likely here people say they prefer the "in house" program repeatidly.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

I agree with Leader CJ is quite good but a word of advice, don't let the slimey swines push the scumbag parasites on to you.

They (CJ) will give you an utter load of crap about these parasites, all you have to do is read here at ABW and you will see what the thieving swines get up to to get a sale credited to them.

I got my t-shirt
    Did I win the 200,000 post?
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akiva:
    Beth I can definately recommend CJ!

On another note I see you sell drumsticks! http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/...tle=drumsticks are my favorite all-purpose sticks! I broke three pair this week... does it really take 1-2 weeks to ship?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the CJ recommendiation!

I saw a ton of drum sticks in the warehouse yesterday, but I don't know what brand they were. Maybe they were a different brand. If it is the brand you want, they will ship in 24 hours, otherwise, 1 to 2 weeks is usually 3 to 5 days for us, but no promises. Hey, go easy on those poor drum sticks.

Join our affiliate program and buy a bunch! We have a lot of music for drums too. We also have Music Minus One which is the music on CD minus the instrument you play such as drums. Free shipping on all orders over $25. Ok, enough of the sales pitch.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers,

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    I agree with Leader CJ is quite good but a word of advice, don't let the slimey swines push the scumbag parasites on to you.

They (CJ) will give you an utter load of crap about these parasites, all you have to do is read here at ABW and you will see what the thieving swines get up to to get a sale credited to them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a very firm NO PARASITE policy!!! That will not change. This is a line in the sand for us. In fact, just last week, we have had Paresite site want to work with us and we turned them down. It was a no brainer.

We are not new to affiliate marketing at all. This is my third affiliate program and I took this job because Sheet Music Plus is very committed to a fair, honest, and construtive relationship with its affiliates.

We really care about our affiliates.

Thanks for the advice!

Cheers,

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    Hi Beth,

My suggestion would be to save your network fees and instead take a smaller initial step and consider opening a forum here.

If I was to promote you as well as any other affiliate here, there would likely take the in house program with the higher percentages.

Frankly, many of us here are tired of dealing with networks that are quick to push parasites onto merchants and give us double talk when it comes to being a trusted third party.

Before you make any final decision, you should hang around here for a bit and consider this.

The primary advantage CJ offers over befree form an affiliate perspective is a consolidated payment which is why you will see most say CJ.

If your payouts are timely and thresholds are low (you might want to elaborate more on this) you'll likely here people say they prefer the "in house" program repeatidly.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Happypoon!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Well, we actually have been talking about a forum here also, so keep an eye out for us.

It's nice to hear that in house programs are popular. The argument for CJ is for recruiting purposes and some affiliates like the networks. I think offering a choice makes sense for both Sheet Music Plus and our affiliates.

Well thanks for the opening to pitch our program a little.

First, let me tell you a little about sheet music because people think that sheet music is not big business, but it’s a billion dollar a year industry. And 1 out of 10 people in the US are expected to buy sheet music this year.

Anyway, here is the scoop on our program:

-- 8 to 12% commissions. I think our tiers are reasonable. It was important to us to set goals that people would be able to meet. You can check the tiers out at http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/...agreement.html

-- 30-day cookies

-- On time payments – in 5 years we have never had late affiliate payments

-- Parasite free

-- Customized data extracts for affiliates

-- Promotions and bonuses

-- Help with key words, site ideas, etc

-- Tons of support (I believe I work for the affiliates, not the other way around!)

Anyway, feel free to email me at work at beth@sheetmusicplus.com or check us at out http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/aff_program.html

Thanks everyone for all your advice and ideas. Have a good night everyone!

Cheers,

Beth

[This message was edited by Beth Kirsch on September 04, 2003 at 02:53 AM.]

Ask some of the merchants who have dealt with CJ.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Hi Beth
    Welcome to ABW!
    Like Akiva, I've been known to break a few drumsticks in the past.
    My preference would be for a good in-house program.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If your payouts are timely and thresholds are low (you might want to elaborate more on this) you'll likely here people say they prefer the "in house" program repeatidly.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, in-housers are a pain even when they pay. The links are different, the feeds are different, and it's frankly easy to forget they exist at all!

And speaking of pay, each indie is good for a few miles paced on the floor waiting to see if they REALLY pay. Only when I'm holding the first (timely) check from an indie can I truly relax, no matter how many assurances I get...

Leader

Since I haven't built up any working relationships with any CJ merchants, I'm reluctant to start....
    Can't get past that 'Ebates Success Story' crap on their home page.

I can see the appeal of consolidated cheques.

I'm probably shooting myself in the proverbial foot in the long term.

ABW Ambassador
    In House works for me. Instad of you paying the fees to commission junction, pass the savings onto your affiliates.
    I am already a member of your in-house program, although I am still working on adding you to my site. I am waiting to go ahead with a dedicated server, and then I will have tons more space.
    I think that your company will be a good addition to my site.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Hello Beth,

Good to see you hear at "the affiliate forum" while many members here enjoy cj and prefer to work "through" that program I rather enjoy in house programs and belong to yours ;-)

When I started with your program it look me a while to get the sales coming in, however now I get a "you made a sale" email several times a week.

While this program does not make me much money I really can not complain, I put in about 5 hours into the site and now make sales on a regular basis.

Now my take on in house programs:

I prefer in house programs myself and find that nearly all my income comes from in house programs. After 1.5 years of serious marketing I just now finished off a site that is driving traffic for cj.

On another note for people watching this thread the inhouse program for sheet music plus offers a nice "web page creator" tool that I have used to great effect. It is kind of like the page creator for allposters if anyone is framilar with that.

I tweak to created pages to fit into my own template and the results are very polished looking and are converting.

I LOVE these page generators, it gives me great flexability as a marketer on line. I can make nearly any page in the world I want about anything pertaining to sheet music and run it though the page gen system ... cool.

I guess it is my home made version of a data feed, one that takes much longer BUT is not like "any other data feed on the net".

Good luck Beth,

Brian

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find

Just my 2 cents I personally like inhouse over the major networks and I continue to seek them out.

If I had to suggest a company however for you to use it would be Shareasale.com for 2 reasons. I believe the startup costs and the costs to maintain your program are alot cheaper meaning you could afford to pay the affiliates more.

Shareasale has consolidated payments and always pays on time. True the stats might not be as good as CJ or Befree but to me it doesn't matter.

Another big, BIG reason is that Shareasale is Parasite Free. Beth, I suggest you contact Brian at SAS and see what he has to offer. JMO of course.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beth Kirsch:
    I saw a ton of drum sticks in the warehouse yesterday, but I don't know what brand they were. Maybe they were a different brand. If it is the brand you want, they will ship in 24 hours, otherwise, 1 to 2 weeks is usually 3 to 5 days for us, but no promises. Hey, go easy on those poor drum sticks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just placed an order. You guys may just be my new sticks supplier if I get them within a few days...

Akiva Bergstrom
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Nah, in-housers are a pain even when they pay. The links are different, the feeds are different, and it's frankly easy to forget they exist at all!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be so settled in "with one network" and not be willing to diversify "because doing anything different is a pain" sure seems shortsighted to me.

I'm sure that many who aren't afraid of a measly $20 threshold or "reducing dependencies on parasite pushers" that will love to capitialize on the opportunity.

PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Anything that would even slightly improve what passes for music these days gets a push from me. I'm on a campaign to make sure a few musicians can learn what sheet music is all about. I realize not all musician's have the obvious talents of Britney Spears or the Boy bands for drawing oogling concert goers. But the likes of Celine who get Music Auditoriums built just for them in Vegas obviously know how to read and carry a note.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hi all!

Just wanted to say thanks for the very warm welcome, feedback and suggestions!

Beth

ABW Ambassador
    I thinks its good to give affiliates the option, network or inhouse. I'm happy with the inhouse program you have and will stay there.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

QUOTE]Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Anything that would even slightly improve what passes for music these days gets a push from me. I'm on a campaign to make sure a few musicians can learn what sheet music is all about. I realize not all musician's have the obvious talents of Britney Spears or the Boy bands for drawing oogling concert goers. But the likes of Celine who get Music Auditoriums built just for them in Vegas obviously know how to read and carry a note.

[/QUOTE]

Mike and Charlie,

Thanks for joining. Let me know if you need any help with merchandising such as a list of our top 1000 sellers. Beth@sheetmusicplus.com

Cheers,

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Now my take on in house programs:

I prefer in house programs myself and find that nearly all my income comes from in house programs. After 1.5 years of serious marketing I just now finished off a site that is driving traffic for cj.

On another note for people watching this thread the inhouse program for sheet music plus offers a nice "web page creator" tool that I have used to great effect. It is kind of like the page creator for allposters if anyone is framilar with that.

I tweak to created pages to fit into my own template and the results are very polished looking and are converting.

I LOVE these page generators, it gives me great flexability as a marketer on line. I can make nearly any page in the world I want about anything pertaining to sheet music and run it though the page gen system ... cool.

I guess it is my home made version of a data feed, one that takes much longer BUT is not like "any other data feed on the net".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Brian,

Thanks for the great feedback. We're actually working on a couple more programs to let affiliates make even more polished pages. One will be a page generator and it's even better than a link generator. I'm pushing hard to get it done. We have data extracts, let me know what you need and I can work on it for you. Just email me at beth@sheetmusic plus.com. I can also help you with merchandising if you would like.

Cheers,

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    In House works for me. Instad of you paying the fees to commission junction, pass the savings onto your affiliates.
    I am already a member of your in-house program, although I am still working on adding you to my site. I am waiting to go ahead with a dedicated server, and then I will have tons more space.
    I think that your company will be a good addition to my site.

http://www.cjshoppingnetwork.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris,

Glad to hear it!

Cheers,

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaPackster:

Shareasale has consolidated payments and always pays on time. True the stats might not be as good as CJ or Befree but to me it doesn't matter.

Another big, BIG reason is that Shareasale is Parasite Free. Beth, I suggest you contact Brian at SAS and see what he has to offer. JMO of course.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DaPackster,

We completely support Parasite free, I look at the program to see if it meets our business requirements

Cheers,

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akiva:

I just placed an order. You guys may just be my new sticks supplier if I get them within a few days...

Akiva Bergstrom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the sale!

Cheers,

Beth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast