(I am posting this OUTSIDE of the GSI forum because I am mentioning other programs)

Lids, MLB and a host of others pay 10% or more on Team Caps and Jerseys. You pay 5%.

I would like to request 10% commmissions on that class of product. I am making this request publicly as I am asking not for a special private offer; but for you to simply meet the industry standard.

I (and others) would use GSI for these lines, but the commission rate dictates that I we promote somebody else's program.

Show us the money and we'll show you the sales.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My take on GSI's rebirth of their various programs boils down to a few points.

On time payment: Fogdog still shows "approved" for payment 8/1/2003. As of September 3rd they still haven't bothered to send in the money for the approved voucher.

Test purchasing results posted to ABW on BF generated links to prove to all their clugged merchant aggregrator cart/ecatalog can report sales to BF after parsing for their Admin fee.

Purging their affiliate ranks of all the newest announced BHO theftware perps posing as charities, environmental advocates and every other liberal bent cause to sucker folks into a BHO install.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Well I'm hoping for a positive response as I see great potential with GSI. They took one HUGE step forward in increasing cookie durations, perhaps they will be forward thinking enough to go with the industry flow in relation to commission rates. I don't give a rat's @ if they take one month or three months to pay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Show us the money and we'll show you the sales. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Get a clue NoWires unless your a network plant.

"I don't give a rat's @ if they take one month or three months to pay."

...what an absolute stupid remark to make to this board, who has fought to get paid on time- every time by wanks that ran programs like GSI into the dirt with diversion tactics -slow or no pay policies -faulty reporting tags and sucking up to their BHO commission stealing buddies. GSI has a long up hill battle before they will ever deserve any ABW praise. Till then they are just playing us like an old tune.

I, and many others here, were very content to write their merchant group off as losers 2 years ago. They need us ...we sure don't need them if it's all hollow promises. Proof comes from cutting BF checks to thousands of GSI affiliates without begging.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What Mike and Charlie said. Waiting until H is frozen to get the check is bull!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    "I don't give a rat's @ if they take one month or three months to pay."

I promote a merchant at Linkshare that pays incredibly fast, and this is the sole reason why I increased the number of links on my site.
    Paying on time is THE most important aspect of this business.
    I look at which merchants pay on time and give them an extra boost on my site. Those that are slow to pay lose out.

I am still waiting for some June commissions. June? we are into September now

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with Mike and that bird.

GSI's problems date back very far (I remember problems being discussed back when CJ hosted forums).

Let them show US. 10% or 5% of nothing is still nothing.

Waiting for my check....

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Folks, just so you know, Mike is not in the office this week...

He will be back on Monday....

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: affiliatedoctor

Parasite Free in 2003!

LOL Andy. You do have a long memory about important issues that effect your affiliate's sales efforts both positively ...and negatively. ABW is the #1 recruiting ground for active affiliates seeking to promote honest bill paying merchants. Haiko's track record shows we haven't recruited a single merchant to any BHO, nor does ABW endorse or encourage any shady affiliate practices associated with spam -MLM -Ponzi Schemes or link/listing hijacking.

Mike & Charlie ...

I prefer to promote a merchant that converts sales. Period.

There is so much crybabying here about several merchant's propensity for generating reversals, but complete ignorance of the fact that they don't see reversals from that merchant's competitors because they don't get any sales in the first place. We see the same thing happening here in regards to payment schedules; there are plenty of merchants that nobody complains about because they don't owe anybody any money in the first place. Not on paper anyway

I make one post trying to encourage a merchant to make a positive move, and it elicits half a dozen trying to drag the merchant down. If you have a problem with the payment schedule, why not start a separate thread on THAT TOPIC and ask them to step up to the plate there as well?

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Nice post NoWires. I have been with GSI for a while and yes their previous cookie duration was less than desireable. But they have always been one of my better converting merchants, not too many reversals.

Mike at GSI has been nothing short of great and in my opinion deserves

Sorry, I edited the post because I as starting to act just like what I was describing

[This message was edited by DFLsports on September 04, 2003 at 02:53 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't notice any crybabying here.

Anyways, you are way off. If you read the critical comments then you will see that there is interest in working with GSI, if they only make it attractive.

I don't go around critiquing merchants if I have no interest in being productive for them in the future

(unfortunately, the GSI people got offended when I made some other constructive remarks, so I guess I will forget about fogdog and work with another program).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy - TigerDirect:
    Folks, just so you know, Mike is not in the office this week...

He will be back on Monday....

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: affiliatedoctor

_Parasite Free in 2003!_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awfull chummy with Mike, is this a clue to your new home?

Allen

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

*bump*

Here's the 0-1 pitch.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread