Affiliate Manager
    What is so golden about GoldenCan?
    Newbie here.
    I am a merchant with SAS. I own an online boutique and I am trying to invigorate my prgoram. I was wondering about GoldenCan.
    What is it?
    Do affiliates use it?
    Does it cost extra to implement it?

I would love to hear some feedback about the benefits you find with using goldenCan. I don't think I get it quite yet.

thanks

Life is short. Wear pretty underwear.

Hi GigiGirl,

I've moved your thread to the GoldenCan forum (http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=310) I suggest you read the stickied posts to get a full understanding of the rep and purpose of GC. Asif monitors and posts in the subforum so please feel to ask any detailed questions.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey GigiGirl,
    I'm pretty sure Asif will pop in here to answer your questions, but you are also welcome to contact me and I'll see if I can help out? ctang(at)shareasale.com
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Affiliate Manager
    Hi GigiGirl,

GoldenCAN is a great tool for diversifying your affiliate base. Often, a program depends on a handful of merchants brining in most of your revenue. With GoldenCAN, you are able to open your program and products up to those that can't/don't do programming, which means you're no longer so dependant on your super affiliates.

Affiliates do use it, at least in my experience, and quite a lot. It's a pretty invaluable tool in our affiliate program, actually. As far as costs, I'm sure Asif will jump in and speak to that.

Best,

Katherine

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello GigiGirl,

Welcome to ABW

I am sure Asif will post here soon but GoldenCAN is a great datafeed tool for just about any type of affiliate that will join your program, coupons, data feeds and others.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hi Gigi Girl,

The main reason GoldenCAN is so Golden in a nutshell is the man behind the scene. Asif is one of the most respected individuals in our industry, honest and dependable, not to mention a genius in the programming industry.

Having said that, most of our programs we manage are on the GoldenCAN if they have a datafeed. We find that it enables affiliates at all levels to use the product feed and drive incremental traffic through deep product linking.

If you need more info or tips about GoldenCAN and how it can benefit your program from a merchant's perpective, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Welcome to our family ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Mr. GoldenCan
    Hi GigiGirl,
    Welcome to ABW.

A little about GoldenCAN.

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGirl
    What is it?
    GoldenCAN has many tools which helps affiliates in displaying millions of data feed products, thousands of coupons and recent price drop products on the affiliate website with only one line of code. Affiliates don’t need to know any programming language or database knowledge. It takes only about 15 seconds to make a store and get the code to use on your website.

Do affiliates use it?
    We have over 10,000 registered affiliates at GoldenCAN. And we are serving millions of page views per month to these affiliate websites as results of GoldenCAN stores.

Does it cost extra to implement it?
    There is no setup fee or monthly charges for affiliates to use GoldenCAN.
    There are two types of merchants available at GoldenCAN. “4th click Merchants” and “Free Merchants”.

If an affiliate uses a merchant which is on “4th click” model then affiliate will share the “4th click” with GoldenCAN.

If an affiliate uses a merchant which is “Free of 4th click” at GoldenCAN, then affiliate doesn’t share anything with GoldenCAN and get everything 100% free.

For merchants to be on GoldenCAN there is activation fee as well as monthly maintenance charges. The monthly charges depend on different factors, such as, the size of the data feed, availability of the data feed (through a network or private) and “4th click” or “Free of 4th click”. To find the cost for offering your data feed at GoldenCAN, please use the following URL, submit the information about your program and we will get back to you.

http://www.goldencan.com/merchantssignup.aspx

I will be more than happy and always available to answer any questions you might have. I can show you a small demo on how easy it is for affiliates to create stores at GoldenCAN.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    GigiGirl, GoldenCAN is a very inexpensive way to get a datafeed in front of 10k affiliates. Most datafeed affiliates are very technical but GoldenCAN brings the leverage of a datafeed to the masses. Its also a very cheap promotional tool for a merchant. I learned about GoldenCAN when I was researching top programs several years ago and have known Asif every since.

I would like to hear more about how an affiliate will benefit. I know it's easy, but that's not enough unless it makes you money. How can all that sameness with 10,000 users get you organic visibility? Is it mostly for PPC folks to deep link with? Do you have to have plenty of traffic first? What am I missing here?

I do data feed sites the hard way and it's hard to get them seen, and I tweak like crazy for Google. Some of the crap feeds I have used are on GoldenCan. Are feeds like ReStockit purified when going through GC? Do I just need to give up on building my own and go with GC?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I agree with so much of what was said above, really is a great tool. Many good points made above, didn't see any that I disagree with.

I'd add one more thing, kind of an angle or perspective thing really, meaning it's inferred by some other's comments, but I'd like to say it outright.

Recruiting.

Recruiting affiliates is one of the hardest parts of running a program. Affiliates of all kinds use GoldenCAN in so many different ways - think about them searching through GoldenCAN's database, manually or using automated tools, to display products on their many websites... you want to be in that pool. I have "found" new merchants to work with when digging through the GC. I also occasionally recommend here that affiliates use Asif's GoldenCAN product / merchant finder tool (available for free whether they're a registered user of GoldenCAN or not).

Let's say as an affiliate, you're looking for certain product types to add to a particular page... you can use GoldenCAN's free tool to find them (and the merchant's with aff programs that sell them) here:
    http://www.goldencan.com/help/FindMerchants.aspx

If you have a feed, I can't imagine not getting it into GoldenCAN. Affiliates that find you this way, have relevant pages and are looking for merchants like you... and there's no easier way to find you than this repository of your goods, indexed and sorted by Asif's team.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    I would like to hear more about how an affiliate will benefit. I know it's easy, but that's not enough unless it makes you money. How can all that sameness with 10,000 users get you organic visibility? Is it mostly for PPC folks to deep link with? Do you have to have plenty of traffic first? What am I missing here?
    First, toss your seo concerns out the window. You have full control over whether you have sameness or not. You can use the javascript version and the search engines see only your content, not the GoldenCAN content. Or you can choose to use the php version, and get the products it drags in to be crawable. When it is crawable, you can still surround the GC data with your own content, plus, your unique choices of products that are displayed (and the permutations are numerically astounding) don't share a lot of sameness unless you try to use it as a mall site that includes everything (uncrawbale javascript would be a better choice in that case). So, what you're "missing" is the effort it would take you, as an individual affiliate, to have the ability to post and maintain many millions of products onto your website's many pages, configurable in both form and function. GoldenCAN is a time cheater, use it right and it unfolds a huge universe of products at your fingertips, ready to easily post for display onto your website.

It certainly doesn't fit every need an affiliate has, but it's a powerful tool every affiliate should have in their toolbox.

As a merchant, it's a no brainer - add your products into the CAN. As an affiliate, play around with the tool I linked to above, while thinking about new pages you might build into your site and new products you might add as well, and the power of GoldenCAN will reveal itself.
    Last edited by Donuts; June 12th, 2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typo

Hi,
    Im pressty impressed with Golden can, and I still feel as if I just fell off the potato truck, but had a question ...
    Has anyone had any problens using Golden can if site was built using the C PAnel? My host supports php,and most scripts , I just want all the crawling I can get from search engines,using the data feed. I'm still tracking eyeryone's advice on getting HTML basics......
    Thanks!

Hi. Even if i own affiliate forum should golden can help me promoting something as a forum owner. abestweb isn't using it. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Its a datafeed tool for affiliates so would only be of value to you if you are selling products as an affiliate.

thx. abestweb is not selling you say.

ABestWeb features GoldenCAN as a benefit to affiliates and because Asif has been a long time member here.

What everybody else said.

As an affiliate, I can tell you that being set up on goldencan will get your offerings posted on a lot of affiliate's sites a lot sooner, because they can add your products to existing integrations on existing sites with existing traffic at the click of a button... "add another merchant to this integration".
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I'm going out on a limb here... assuming that you're from Gigi's Closet? If that's the case, pleeeeeease get set up on Goldencan. I'm beggin' ya please.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    I'm going out on a limb here... assuming that you're from Gigi's Closet? If that's the case, pleeeeeease get set up on Goldencan. I'm beggin' ya please.
    What network is Gigi's Closet on??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

This thread is 2 years old and GigiGirl has not made a post at ABW since June 2008.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread