Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Pet Peeve: Water
    Well summer is here and its getting hot and people are drinking alot of water. But there seems to be alot of water on the market and there ought to be rules on what is water and what is really a drink, not water. These are the rules I think that should be mandated for something to be classified as water (and use water in its name) In My Humble Opinion

1) Water should be clear, no colors. Drinking water is clear, it always has been clear, drinking yelow, red, green water is not a healthy thing in nature.
    2) Zero calories (Water has no calories, adding sugar to it so it has calories definitely makes it a drink)
    3) PH of 7.00 give or take 0.01 (There shouldn't be any salts in water, every once in a while a bit of salt may seap in, but it should be very rare.
    4) No preservatives (Pure water doesn't spoil and thus shouldn't have preservatives.)
    4a) Water shouldn't have ingredients on the lable. If anything else has to be listed beside 'water' then it isn't water, its an unflavored drink.

There are too many false waters out there.
    Last edited by oranges; June 11th, 2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: fixed spelling error
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

ABW Ambassador
    I've just invented a new brand of water, it has no fat. I'll make a fortune!

I do agree the term water is used pretty loosely. Like "Vitanmin Water" should be remained "Sugar Drink," because it's basically sugar. Good marketing, or bad marketing, misleading people in to thinking your product is healthy.
    Last edited by Hardaka; June 11th, 2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: named wrong product lol

superCool is also miffed at water - who needs it

We are starting up with our own brand now: dehydrated water, just add milk. Comes in only one flavor though: Milk. Should do well I think.

Thumbs up
    Drink Beer - to hell with water.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Drink Beer - to hell with water.
    My new favorite person!

CPA Network Rep Dina - MarketLeverage Blogger's Avatar
    I know I need to drink a ton of water to lose weight... but I don't like it! Nothing beats gulping down a fresh Coca Cola out of the soft drink machine in your local 7-11!
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Dina Riccobono[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR=Blue]MarketLeverage Marketing Manager
    Twitter: MarketLeverage / MLDina[/COLOR]

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    My new favorite person!
    Thank You.

Yes, beer is a great alternative to water. But I am also of the late Dean Martin train of thought, which is that "Water just rusts the pipes, it's much better to drink Scotch."

So, beer, Scotch, or even Irish Whiskey - I'll take them all, because then I'll "know" what's in the bottle.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I do hate grabbing a bottle of something that LOOKS like water and then finding out it's grape flavored. I hate grape. I don't think we should have to read labels on water before buying it.

I also hate excessive legislation, so I guess we just have to fight this one with our wallets.

Tax Paying Member
    People actually buy bottle water???????

Wow....Maybe I can sell refrigerators to Eskimos afterall.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    And to think there are some already inventing water run engines. Distilled, etc.

Reg = .99gl
    Distilled = 1.75gl
    With additives aka vitamins for your cars health = 6.50gl

We bought a water distiller for my wife and it was over $500. I don't drink it as the utility water is good enough for me.
    I know I need to drink a ton of water to lose weight... but I don't like it! Nothing beats gulping down a fresh Coca Cola out of the soft drink machine in your local 7-11!
    The biggest thing in my recent weight loss was giving up soft drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer

Some people have wells instead of city water.

If the well water goes bad they have to buy bottled water or get sick.

Bottled water has it's place - just ask anyone who's been through a hurricane or other natural disaster. There are also medical reasons for buying distilled water, like sinus rinses for example.

But I wholeheartedly agree with the core of this thread - anything that isn't pure water should not be marketed/labeled in such a way as to be easily confused with pure water.

I've hastily grabbed a bottle at a 7-11 only to take a sip and find it was grape or cherry or raspberry flavored, too. I don't like that. One particular time I remember, I looked at the label afterward, and the only indication that it was flavored water was a small picture of a raspberry on the label with a little "Great Raspberry Flavor" or some such text right below it. The color and art style of the label was *exactly* the same as the brand's non-flavored water. I complained loudly to my wife that time lol
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Not all gyms have water fountains so I buy bottled water to bring it with me when I work out.

I like plain spring water. Coke's Dasani is actually purified water.

I think flavored water (grape, cherry, whatever) is yucky.

I often drink the spring water at home and then fill the bottle with tap water.

On a related note: Who owns Water?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Love plain, cold water. I drink about a gallon a day from my own well. best drink there is.

CPA Network Rep Dina - MarketLeverage Blogger's Avatar
    I would feel like I was drowning if I drank a gallon of water in one day! Is struggle to get 8 glasses down in one day. That normally only happens about once a month. Did you guys hear about the water drinking radio contest? The person that drinks the most water without going to the bathroom wins. The girl that won ended up dying from it.
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Dina Riccobono[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR=Blue]MarketLeverage Marketing Manager
    Twitter: MarketLeverage / MLDina[/COLOR]

would it be out of line for superCool to make a comment about air? what's with air? sometimes it smells bad and sometimes it smells good. who's messing with superCool's air?

I prefer the taste of dihydrogen monoxide.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Gotta tell you, Supercool, you're growing on me. Can't help but smile now and then at ya.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Yeah, they do. We both had a pretty bad soda addiction to overcome and since grabbing a can or bottle of Coke is easy compared to fixing a glass of water, we started out with buying bottles to keep cold in the fridge. The cost was worth our health.

Now, when we're traveling, we put a case of bottles in the back and 9 times out of 10 we'll grab those instead of soda when we snack.

The time that I grabbed the grape flavor I happened to be in the hospital cafeteria and again - chose bottled water over fountain drinks available. When I"m sitting at home, I use our refridgerater dispenser for water. But there's still a case of bottles in the garage so we can grab one on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7

On a related note: Who owns Water?
    I do ....you silly. iownwater

Maybe this thread will inspire me to actually make the site instead of the out-of-the-box version when I bought the name several years ago

I once owned a bottled water company back in Philly. Big trend was Spring water and we used to get our private labled 6 gallon square stackable bottles from the Pocano's. Problem was, even though it went through extensive filtering, its taste would be inconsistent which led us to have to offer Purified Tap Water in a 5 gallon bottle. My cost was $1.00 and I sold them for $5.50.
    I got into the business after being intrigued by a MLM program called NSA that were selling sink-top water filtration devices. My wife worked for an environmental engineering company called Ground Water Technology which ensured that we would NEVER EVER drink tap water again - EVER!

The chlorine alone used to kill the herbasides, pestisides, bacteria and all the other recycled poop in tap water WILL KILL YOU.

I, today, am a HUGE fan of bottled water (non-flavored) and still get 5 gallon purified delivered to my home in addition to ALWAYS having 3-5 cases of pint size bottles in the fridge that we have JUST for bottled water (and beer )

Biggest mistake I made was selling my company.

Quote Originally Posted by IOWNIE
    My wife worked for an environmental engineering company called Ground Water Technology which ensured that we would NEVER EVER drink tap water again - EVER!
    So what do you think of my wife getting a distiller. She says that plastic containers can be harmful so she only uses glass for water or even left overs in the fridge. Having had Cancer she looks at things a little different.

There is a MYTH out there that the chemicals used in the plastic can indeed leeach out and it might have had an ounce of truth to it 25 years ago - but TODAY, they are EXTREMEMLY safe and no proof exists that they are dangerous. But then again, the Fed Gov and local municipalities taut that their chlorinated sewer water is safe to drink as well?

I am not a big fan of distillers only because:
    1. They are expensive and inconvenient to operate
    2. They take out minerals
    3. Which leaves it tasteless and bland

However, the water from distillers is as pure as you can get. And if you don't mind 1-3 above its a safe alternative to bottled water. My company also had a division specifically to address home filtration. We primarily sold Reverse Osmosis for the drinking water and then put whole house chlorine removal systems in. Your skin in a hot shower absorbs the chorininated tap water as if you were drinking it. I personally do not have an RO system in my house because I also believe that unless the main membrane (which is expensive ) is replaced as well as the pre and post filters, that you might be drinking gross stuff! Bottled water is expensive....yes. But its the healthiest beverage you can drink - right up their with Cabernet!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast