Anyone use them? They appear to be down, and one of my clients sites is hosted there.

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

One of my sites is hosted on Hypermart servers. Hypermart has been sold to another company, and has been moving to new servers. It has been off-again on-again since then. The new owners are making a lot of changes that could greatly affect my web site rankings in the search engines, such as changing file types that will work with SSI. Up to now, I've been using .htm and .html file extensions for SSI files.

I think rather than renaming my files and taking the big hit with search engine traffic, I'm going to switch hosts to TH Media. They seem to be highly regarded by people who post here, and their plan 2 has everything I need for this web site.

Greg

I'm also considering moving one of my sites from Hypermart to another host. I enjoyed the ability to edit and build pages with the online text editor. I was unable to edit pages since Aug. 14th until yesterday, when I clicked a link in an error message and managed to access my pages. I edited several pages and then the servers went down. This morning all of yesterday's work was lost. Luckily I managed to download all 350 pages so I could make a quick exit.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

These guys (Hypermart) are just irritating, I wish they could get it together so I can update my changes.

If anyone has a contact there, please let me know.

John

www.teampb.com

ABW Ambassador
    I don't have a contact for hypermart
    The best for your client is to look for an affordable host.
    If they don't use a lot of bandwith, I could set their domain up on one of the servers we have. In exchange for a main page link from their site.

Hypermart's last update was Aug. 22nd and said that it will be fixed early this week. It's now the end of the week and nothing has changed. It really sucks that they can't even notify us either by email or posting an update on the site. Does anyone know if there is another reliable host out there that offers an online text editing capability?

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ABW Ambassador
    The new Hypermart blows. I removed all the SSI rather than change extensions and internal links (and mess up search engine and pay per placement links).

The old servers were good and support seems just as confused as the customers as to what we will ultimately end up with.

I have four sites on HM, soon to be two.

The domain is locked, and I cannot transfer it. I need a number to call if anyone has one, they are unresponsive to email.

John

www.teampb.com

The registrar is tucows, anyone have contact information for them?

Thanks

John

www.teampb.com

OK, so I need to send an email to their compliance group.

This is such a crock.....

John

www.teampb.com

ABW Ambassador
    I was in a similar situation with them also.
    I finally found https://www.domaindirect.com/cgi-bin/cpanel.cgi and found some info there on how to unlock the domain, I also place a call to them . Also I recall using Opensrs. There was a link hiding somewhere on Tucows site somewhere. Hope this helps.
    I am still in a battle with them over getting a refund.
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

[This message was edited by cazzie on September 09, 2003 at 03:19 PM.]

Within the Tucows phone system, I found the compliance number. I received a call back within an hour. They must give the host 2 days to respond, or they will unlock it for me.

I must say this made me quite happy.

John

www.teampb.com

For anyone needing to contact Hypermart by phone, here is a URL with their Support phone number:

http://www.hypermart.net/knowledgeba...e.bml?kbid=211

I've already moved the web site that I had on their servers elsewhere. Glad I made the move, because the people running Hypermart now truly do not have their act together, as far as webmasters are concerned.

Greg

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread