Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No Longer Banned!
    How Effective are Concert/ Event Promotions ?...
    Hey.

How effective are Concert event Sponsorships ect. ? Esp. if you are not a headline sponsor.

I saw a garbage truck co. promote one of these things & wondered if it would work well for a .com perhaps ??

Ideas ?

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

ABW Ambassador
    I know Connie sponsors some kind of music concerts. I think it's hard to measure since how do you track these kind of things? Unless you have a special url like mysite.com/event or something. Could be some other ways, not sure.

I've done something locally where I had it setup like that. Where I had a special url and could see how effective it was. Wasn't a concert but a pet event.

Steve,

First have a website worth promoting
    second - figure out how to drive traffic to it
    third - then worry about offline promotions
    fourth - are music concerts goers your target demographic?

No Longer Banned!
    Promote A Concert To get Traffic ?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I know Connie sponsors some kind of music concerts. I think it's hard to measure since how do you track these kind of things? Unless you have a special url like mysite.com/event or something. Could be some other ways, not sure.

I've done something locally where I had it setup like that. Where I had a special url and could see how effective it was. Wasn't a concert but a pet event.
    Trust

Damn good question.

You gave me something to chew on. That was one of the most valuable things I have heard so far.

I honestly appreciate it.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    Steve,

First have a website worth promoting
    second - figure out how to drive traffic to it
    third - then worry about offline promotions
    fourth - are music concerts goers your target demographic?
    Rolet

Thanks for your response. I really am glad to hear from you.

I see your point, Unfortunately I don't learn well this way. I hope you understand.

Your insight is most appreciated ma'am.

Steve

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I can tell u that it's hard to justify the roi, impossible to measure traffic.

We are running commercials in golf markets on the golf channel tv. One can use landing url, promo code but at the day, it was tough to measure everything unless we turn off email marketing, seo, ppc, etc

No Longer Banned!
    eric ewes reply to sp9onsor a concert post.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    I can tell u that it's hard to justify the roi, impossible to measure traffic.

We are running commercials in golf markets on the golf channel tv. One can use landing url, promo code but at the day, it was tough to measure everything unless we turn off email marketing, seo, ppc, etc

So then what you and trust & Rolet are saying is that I'd be far better off to sponsor something like a sports team that travels to various states & gets some tv coverage for say a few hundred bucks a year & potentially a half million viewers anually/ per season than to get in to a off target event like a concert ?

Fascinating I think.

Am I understanding this correctly Eric ?

Steve

i would only do a concert ticket for branding.

You might be able to drive traffic with "Free gift when your visit XYZ site". But do deliver on the free thing.

I would spend ur $$ online

No Longer Banned!
    i would only do a concert ticket for branding.

You might be able to drive traffic with "Free gift when your visit XYZ site". But do deliver on the free thing.

I would spend ur $$ online
    Eric.

I sure want to. I just don't trust the online guys.

Yahoo wants me to spend 300/ mo to start & the lady is obviously just trying to make a sale. She will tell me anything just to get 500 USD out of me. I suppose she gets some type of commission on the sales additional 200 USD start up fee. ~ Plus the 300 USD / mo.

Not much different from the I need hits guy in australia to me.

Thanks Eric !

Steve

Steve, since the site in your signature features sports apparel, why not look for a local sporting event or sports team (amateur or AAA) that you can sponsor. It will likely be less expensive and you will have a more targeted audience.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Steve, since the site in your signature features sports apparel, why not look for a local sporting event or sports team (amateur or AAA) that you can sponsor. It will likely be less expensive and you will have a more targeted audience.

-rematt

Rematt.

Ya know. I actually considered that. I hesitated cuz I was unsure of the dynamics.

My question now is, will the purchase of jerseys be enough ? What might be the most effective means w/o say sponsoring the entire event ?

I got an offer from a traveling BB team for 15 jerseys which I can easily afford & the eyeballs are in the tens of thousands plus possible news coverage for free.

I also thought about a minor league baseball team. I am truly intrigued by tour thoughts here.

Steve

I know 300 sounds alot when u talk to yahoo. I spoke to them and talked about CPM programs, they were looking at 20k + per month as a test.

No Longer Banned!
    I know 300 sounds alot when u talk to yahoo. I spoke to them and talked about CPM programs, they were looking at 20k + per month as a test.
    Eric

I saw where a few of the guys here are spending 100,000 / mo or more on online ads.

Guys like you are far richer than me. I think 300 a mo/ is peanuts in terms of dollars. But it is a fortune in terms of what I have coming in.

If I were making 20k / mo in commissions, I'd have NO problem spending 18k/ mo
    in ads. My needs are small. I can live on less than 5000 / mo. Now I'm a biz man too. I'd be searching for ways to roll that cost back some so I could put it in my stock plan.

At 20k/ mo, CJ would start returning my calls.

Basically, I made a lot of money before. I know what it takes to get that big dollar. & what it does not. I am not willing to pour a lot of cash into something that will be a black hole and where some sales person is kissing my ass just to make a sale.

Getting the money up is easy. Now in terms of what the site earns, I can afford 100 usd/ mo steady. I can get 150/ mo. So if I'm gonna shell out 300 usd / mo to her, the site must make 200 USD in that 30 day period to make it worth while. That means 300 USD/ mo in yahoo would = 2000 USD + / MO in gross sales. That seems unrealistic to me since it is OVER the 25%-75% thresh hold.

Now if this lady at yahoo is just telling me any old thing just to make a sale, I'm dead. Thats not sustainable.

Therein lies the dilemma. Rolet & a few others think my site is crap. My merchants & Yahoo are telling me how great it is. I can name sites that are basically hand built {& look it too} & they are doing OK.

So the point here is that, getting 50 usd/ mo means I need 500 USD/ mo gross at my low commission rate to get that to happen. Then I can make more changes. So the Chicken. Or the egg ?

Me & Dan Clark do actually agree on one thing. Screw the crybaby black hatters. Intriguing indeed.

Off line ads might cost double that of yahoo, but I can't get accused of being the bad guy. No sales people to sell to me either. I really want to do like OTProf said and just stick to yahoo, but I don't know enough to trust them.

This is a lot like getting on the CB radio & asking what time it is. Lots of VERY different answers. This will only serve to permanently ship wreck me & leave me stranded. Hence the questions.

I need to learn. My quest here is to deepen my knowledge.

Steve

SteveWilliams, superCool hopes you don't mind a slight diversion from the concert subject....

where do you get your traffic now? superCool checked out your site (the one in your profile) and it looks like it could use some on-page SEO tweaks if you are expecting to gain sales through the SEs. Your home page comes up #3 if you type in the exact title, but superCool doubts that many people will be typing that phrase into Google.

superCool is not an expert, but has had very good luck with Google. superCool doesn't know what you do off-page for promotion (links, etc.), but thinks some on-page work would be very helpful. Suggestions: rework your Titles, add headings (H1 etc..), add some unique text, add more specific pages for more focused SE placement. think about what phrases people would really type into the SEs and build pages for those exact phrases.

there is lots of SEO info out there and superCool believes it would help your site a lot. your site is not crap but it is a little thin (ISO). hopefully it will grow into something great.

good luck SteveWilliams

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by superCool
    SteveWilliams, superCool hopes you don't mind a slight diversion from the concert subject....

where do you get your traffic now? superCool checked out your site (the one in your profile) and it looks like it could use some on-page SEO tweaks if you are expecting to gain sales through the SEs. Your home page comes up #3 if you type in the exact title, but superCool doubts that many people will be typing that phrase into Google.

superCool is not an expert, but has had very good luck with Google. superCool doesn't know what you do off-page for promotion (links, etc.), but thinks some on-page work would be very helpful. Suggestions: rework your Titles, add headings (H1 etc..), add some unique text, add more specific pages for more focused SE placement. think about what phrases people would really type into the SEs and build pages for those exact phrases.

there is lots of SEO info out there and superCool believes it would help your site a lot. your site is not crap but it is a little thin (ISO). hopefully it will grow into something great.

good luck SteveWilliams
    SC

I am glad to hear from you SC. I don't mind at all. Thank you for that.

I have planned to make another over haul soon. These are the things I need to know.

I am upset that the biggest merchant I have has set up their feed as it is, I will get rid of them first. {mostly anyway}

My huge question is, if I fix the redundant text and a few minor things, can I drive a small amount of conversions to it ? {while still being thin Till I can get cash to make really big changes}

I am doing nothing with it now, I have other irons in the fire and I am trying to get them done. I am open to any thing that is gonna get me out of the woods.

So SC, Buddy, I'm ALLLLLL ears.

Steve

BTW: I don't need to be a millionare by sun down. I do need some solid knowledge though.

Example: I was told it is about give a man a fish/ teach a man to fish. Uh Huh. & basically I gotta get out there & just start catching the fish. Great. Will do. ~ Hard to catch a fish when you dunno what a fish looks like.

So basically, if you can clear up a few things about fishing, I'll be miles ahead of where I am now bro.

Texas Huh ? Been to Deep Ellum ?

StevesApparel.com is my ONLY public website. I am trying to build 3 more but my plate plum full.

Oh, Thanks for helping me. Maybe you'll let me buy you a few beers in Boston ?
    Last edited by Steve Williams; June 15th, 2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Texas Grammar.... Beachy, HELP !!

No Longer Banned!
    ISO ?

Steve

SteveWilliams,

ISO = in superCool's opinion

disclaimer - superCool doesn’t know how popshops works so this might not be easy??? this is the type of thing that has worked well for my sites (non-affiliate)

having all your jerseys separated by sport is a good start, but if you had more specific pages you could rank better for more search phrases. for example, if you had a page for “NFL Throwback Football Jerseys” and another page for “NFL Football Jerseys” and maybe another for “NFL Home and Away Football Jerseys” and possibly one for each football team (title = Dallas Cowboys NFL Football Jerseys) that might help catch more SE traffic. you could then build pages for the specific players who are hot (there’s a list of the top NFL jersey sales) and the most popular teams. on each page add an H1 title that is similar to your page title but with some additional keywords or variations on your keywords - this also helps. for team and player pages you would want to mention the team and player by name several times and provide some info about them.

when you expand your pages like this you will need to develop a good link structure between them. you want to cross-link frequently but the navigation must be easy for the user.

there are several keyword tools that can help you pick the best words to use in your titles, headers and text.

if you want to experiment with this strategy, pick one popular team or player and create a really good SEO page. then link it in logically to the rest of your site. then wait for the SEs to find it and watch your search stats to see if it helps. conversions may or may not come but if the traffic increases then you have made progress.

this article is a great one for SEO tips - http://www.seomoz.org/article/search-ranking-factors (superCool hopes it is okay to add links like this – if not please fix it and let me know)

good luck SteveWilliams - this info and that link are about it from superCool
    (FYI - your “Next Page >>” links did not work for superCool)

Deep Ellum – ahhhhh yes....back in the day - rumble time

No Longer Banned!
    The turning point in my SuperCool site design ?.....
    SC

That was EXACTLY what I needed to know. That is as clear as a bell. I know exactly what to do with the entire thing now except the <H1> & <H2> tags.

I've seen lots of these tags as I scope the other sports sites, but am foggy on the way they might apply to my situation.

Pop shops is simple fast & has a search box for 30 USD a month.

I'm considering just going back to html. I did the pop shops thing cuz people stated you just add a script. That I should do it.

I did it & I love it, but there are issues that are not easily resolvable. So I need to hard code it all over again like I did in the old days. ~ That take me a year & a half to do. ~~ For 24 pages. Freakin YUK !

Still I see that Haiko is right.

Your help was pretty much all i really needed sc. Thanx. !!

If it's not too much trouble any suggestions on how an <H1> tag might apply to my situation ?

Thank you Thank You Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Did I say Thank you yet ?

Thank you dude !

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; June 15th, 2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added A Super Cool Response & Fixed My Texas Grammar... Beachy ! Help !!...

No Longer Banned!
    SC

I spent like the last hour reading the seomoz link you gave me. WOW ! ~ I book marked it.

That was one of the 2 super Coolest things I ever got on ABW !! Thank you.

I have a very clear picture of my next moves now cuz you helped me. I just don't get the way the <H1> tag would apply to / fit in my demographic.

Thats about it.

Steve

SteveWilliams,

superCool is glad he could help. hopefully it will pay off.

The h1 is just a title for your page that can be seen on the page - like the main header. then you use h2s and h3s for sub-headings.

so if you had a page titled "NFL Football Jerseys - Authentic Reebok Team Jerseys" your h1 could be something like "Authentic Reebok Football Jerseys for NFC and AFC Teams"

then you could have an h2 for "Football Jerseys - AFC Teams"

then an h3 for "New England Patriots Football Jerseys"
    then include the Patriots jerseys

then an h3 for "Pittsburg Steelers Football Jerseys - Authentic Reebok NFL Gear"

then after all the AFC you add another H2 for NFC and do the same

you could have a similar page for throwback jerseys with a generic H1 and then some H2s for eras maybe (60s, 70s?) or league. then h3s by team - or any combination of what makes sense.

at the top you could have some in-page links to the AFC and all teams and to the NFC and all teams. this helps your user and it might help SEO somewhat.

mix up your keywords and introduce some fringe words in the h tags. include words like "team", "player", "uniform", and that might help catch some additional search peeps. superCool suggests that you don't use the same word pattern for all the h tags - mix up several combinations using various keywords.

superCool hopes you can work some of this into your site without ripping it up too much. maybe try it with one or two new focused pages to get the hang of it. superCool has had much success (non-affiliate) with this type of strategy.

good luck SteveWilliams

superCool should have added one more thing .....

the page for "NFL Football Jerseys - Authentic Reebok Team Jerseys" is a good catch-all page but it is still pretty general. the next step would be to build a page for the AFC and a page for the NFC, then a page for each team in the AFC and NFC. then a page for the top 10-20 players in the AFC and NFC - one page per player. if that starts to get too redundant you can rework the top level page and turn it into a nav page for all the NFL jerseys - have it point to all the other pages.

then as you read in the seo link, make sure the pages with the most potential are linked to the most from other pages

if you are using the same feed data for all of these pages there might be a duplicate content issue, not sure about that. superCool always makes the pages somewhat unique (not datafeed pages).

No Longer Banned!
    SC

It is a duplicate content issue. Thats why I need to erase the entire site & start over.

Bummer.

Pop Shops have a lot of potential. It is a big deal. But if the merchants are too lazy to update the feed, I'm stuck out.

So in order to do what you suggest, I must start from scratch. In some areas, I can leave them alone for now. But they will need to be removed at some poiiunt too.

In your opinion, what is the bare minimum I should do to be able to get my income flow to improve a little ? 50 bucks a mo maybe ??

I now have an extremely clear picture of what to do. It will complicate things a little, actually a lot, and take for ever to do, but I can get this done.

I am extremely great full for your help. ~ Actually more like a revelation !

Thank you.

Steve

SteveWilliams,

superCool is no expert at the affiliate thing, so please don't blow up your work based on what superCool says. if you are looking for better SE results then superCool thinks his advice would be helpful.

if this were superCool's site, he would pick a few of the hottest teams and players (off the top-seller list) and build specific pages for each of them. superCool would add his own unique content with lots of details. then superCool would add those pages to the nav of the site. that's just the way superCool would do it but who knows if it would be super cool or not?

superCool would also review his title tags and make sure they were all as search-friendly as possible. if popshops will let you write some non-feed pages you could build some unique pages optimized for specific topics like Dallas Cowboys Throwback Jerseys and then list all the jerseys and player names with some added content - then link to the feed page - that would provide unique content without the duplicate content.

here's a list that looks reasonable - http://www.cnbc.com/id/23110412/

you can see from that SEO link that there are lots of ways to help your SE placement. some off-page (inbound links, etc..) and some on-page (titles, h tags, etc..). it's a big topic

good luck SteveWilliams
    Last edited by superCool; June 15th, 2008 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superCool
    then an h3 for "Pittsburg Steelers Football Jerseys - Authentic Reebok NFL Gear"
    Sorry to correct your superCoolness, sir but please just add an "h" to "Pittsburg" and BINGO. Don't worry, it doesn't make you any less superCool in my book, as lots of people spell it incorrectly. Essential to have both spellings if doing keyword ads though.

Regarding your advertising, Steve - I would hold off for a while on that. Of course, you are welcome to experiment at a couple of bucks/day and see what that brings you. My initial guess is that conversions would be extremely low. The site still needs a lot of work, but you have made progress so far. Keep it up and stay focused on the end result. Just follow the pointers that people give you, try not to do too many things at once, and make it unique and valuable to your visitors.

-sfcom

so sorry sfcom - superCool had it spelled even worserer and thought he had fixed it

superCool made a spelling mistake like this once on a real page and wouldn't you know it but we got traffic from that bad spelling - funny how things work. superCool fixed the spelling in the important areas of the page but made sure to have it misspelled somewhere else on the page for the other goobers who can't spell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast