Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> (CNN/Money)
    Who gets paid six figures?

Those making six figures are very definitely in the minority nationwide. Only 4.2 percent of U.S. workers with earnings reported making $100,000 or more in 2001, according to the latest data from the Census Bureau. The median annual wage, meanwhile, was $26,002.
    http://money.cnn.com/2003/09/08/pf/s...></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did not mention CJ, but for sure we have some six-figure workers inside the 4.2% here!

Fer

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting, but off topic. Perhaps you should post this in the "Midnight Cafe"...

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, sorry, I forgot that there are othe forums here, with this one I am forum-full

Fer

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Moving to Midnight Cafe...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Where I live, $100,000 is just slightly above the poverty line.

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." Bob Hope

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Potent Mix:
    Where I live, $100,000 is just slightly above the poverty line.

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." Bob Hope <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on!
    That's crazy

$500,000 will get you a starter home here. You'll have to do quite a bit of fix up, though. I'm not kidding.

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." Bob Hope

Where I live $100,000 and $500,000 are equal.

Hehe come on down and rent an apartment near Boston. Yep San Francisco area can shred your wallet too.

It'll run ya a few hundred a month.....to park in the driveway.

Why would you live in areas that don't match the rest of the country? What's a McDOnalds burger cost 8 bucks?

My area is just as nice as any of yours and the average home is probably just under 100,000 and new construction would run 150 for a modest home. Very nice homes for 250 and wealthy homes 500k +

Rentals typically run 600 for two bedrooms

Average household incomes average in the 35k range.

ABW Ambassador
    >Why would you live in areas that don't match the rest of the country?

My grandchildren live here!!!

>Where I live, $100,000 is just slightly above the poverty line.

Pmix is not kidding.
    We sold a 6400 sq ft home in Oregon for less that a 640 sq ft Condo in his area.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My grandchildren live here!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't seriously mean that people should move. I just feel bad for you all that have to work twice as hard to end up with the same lifestyle I enjoy.

I gotta tell ya. It motivates hard work.

You don't know when you are well off .....

An average looking house in London can easily cost $1,000,000 ....

Not to mention the day to day living costs of jolly old England like petrol - sorry, gasoline - at about $6 a gallon

We are now one of the most expensive countries in the world - which wouldn't be so bad in itself if anything in the damn country worked!

ABW Ambassador
    Location, location, location

ABW Ambassador
    I guess that's what they mean when they say, "Nebraska - The Good Life"

You can find a decent apartment for $400/month in Lincoln. I lived in a crappy furnished two-bedroom apt for a couple years. Average home cost is $95k. You can find fixer-uppers for $40,000 in livable condition.

Consistency is the key to a winning season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weisinator:
    I guess that's what they mean when they say, "Nebraska - The Good Life"

You can find a decent apartment for $400/month in Lincoln. I lived in a crappy furnished two-bedroom apt for a couple years. Average home cost is $95k. You can find fixer-uppers for $40,000 in livable condition.

Consistency is the key to a winning season.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I used to live there back in the 90s, avg 1 bedroom apartment was around $350/mo. Most of 'em were in the north of O street, where land price was a bit cheaper than the south side.
    You still in Lincoln ?

I have no plans to move to Linclon.

I have to say WTG ABW 4 the gr8 banner

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redsand:
    [QUOTE]You still in Lincoln ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep. In the "East Campus Community" bordred by 33rd, 48th, Holdredge, and Vine streets.

i used to dream about the day I would hit 6 figures. It does not go as far as it used to, at least I imagine that it does not. This spring, when I was doing my taxes, I did not understand how somebody who made so much money could be so darn poor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weisinator:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redsand:
    [QUOTE]You still in Lincoln ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep. In the "East Campus Community" bordred by 33rd, 48th, Holdredge, and Vine streets.

what a small world. i used to live some where at 56th and vine (lionsgate). just across from super saver. that area was a magnet for many lincolnites besides downtown bars.
    is there anyone else from huskerland too ?

ABW Ambassador
    My plan for early next year is to move from the burbs to an undervalued area of Detroit. I will probably end up with a home from the 1920's like one of these.

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1029320488
    http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1029195647

In 7-10 years these things could tripple or more in value if Detroit keeps on the path that it is on...

The first house looks excellent and what a price!!!

ABW Ambassador

what a small world. i used to live some where at 56th and vine (lionsgate). just across from super saver. that area was a magnet for many lincolnites besides downtown bars.
    is there anyone else from huskerland too ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>7-Days is from Omaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast