Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Where do you work from?
    Just a question to see where everybody works from. I have always had my main desktop in the corner of a livingroom, just to work and watch tv with my little one in the evenings, kind of a like a central location for everything.
    My laptop I used at nite either relaxing and working late in bed, or outdoors on the patio.
    Now just having moved into a new place, and a weird design for the living room I'm finding it a challenge to create a workspace...
    So now I'm just curious to see where everybody works from and where?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I'm moving my office this week and next, from downtown Orlando (been there about 4 years or so) to an office complex closer to my house, one that allows me to grow my business better as well.

I have a large office upstairs. I can see Mt. Hood out the front window and Mt. St. Helens out the back. This space provides a good tax deduction as well. I suppose this bit of information really doesn't help though...

One of my clients used a computer cart on wheels that was tailored to be a mobile workstation. Don't know why but they called it a cow. OH! Just hit me... Compute On Wheels. You could then wheel it wherever you want to work and stow it in a corner or closet when not in use.

X

I sit here in a large recliner, with my laptop pulled up to the chair on one of those Tablemate II adjustable tables.

My problem is that is sit here FAR to much and need to make myself get up and move around more.

I sometimes take one or two days a week and go to a nearby public library branch that offers WiFi and lockable study rooms. There's a Panera Bread coffee shop/bakery in the same building as the library. Has no influence whatsoever on my decision to work there. Absolutely not. Nope. Never. *burp*
    Generate more fake news.

http and a telephoto
    Those that have been in my house can attest to the fact that the computers are the main decor I have always had my computers in the middle of my living space. When I get settled again I will have a main desktop, a scanning station with a second desktop, the main laptop that travels and allows me to work in any room, and a second laptop that will be by the printers for order processing.

Recently I find I am able to work mostly from my laptop and that can be anywhere, in a living room, a hotel room, outdoors or in. I just need space and power for the 3 external drives

So where I work from is: anywhere there is an internet connection.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I sit here in a large recliner, with my laptop pulled up to the chair on one of those Tablemate II adjustable tables.
    lol, that how one of my "offices" is configured, and that is the one that is best for my back Unfortunately that is not here in Vegas...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hey Gary, if the Librarie's WiFi goes down while you're there, just tap in to Panera's free WiFi service... You sure you're not spending more time in Panera on their WiFi than at the Library??

X

What?? Why, I'm there strictly hungry for knowledge. Has nothing to do with bagels and rolls. Nothing at all.

Oh, and our Panera's have gotten sort of stingy on their free WiFi. They limit it to 30 minutes only from 11 am to 1:30 pm. Understandably, they had lots of students who'd fill a booth or table, use the WiFi without spending more than a couple of bucks, and make the place too crowded for the paying lunch crowd.
    Generate more fake news.

I have a dedicated room here in the house that's my junk pile/office. It gives me an area to claim as a home office on my taxes. It would be nice to have a space away from the house to give me a chance to feel like I'm off sometime.

I have a large bedroom converted into an office in the back of our home. I have four large windows and a private bathroom - and am able to legitimately claim it as a home office. But, realistically, I probably spend half my time on my MacBook somewhere else in the house. I also had a "beach front" condo with WIFI where I work(ed) weekends and summers. But, alas, we sold that a week ago - and the "replacement" house won't be built for another few months. When it is, I will designate one of the bedrooms as my "east coast" office.

Even though we are temporarily without a place at the beach, I am typing this from a friend's condo - at the beach. After all, Beachy and Mrs. Beachy, can't be away from the beach for too long.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    We need a little affiliate marketing cribs threads, pics or video.

I work in the living room, little computer desk in the corner. Have a couple of french doors which leads to my balcony of my apt., beautiful view of the parking lot which I can look out from where I'm sitting. In arms reach if I stretch. Can just swivel the chair 45 degrees and there is the TV. My computer chair is right between couch and desk, might be 3 feet separating them. I like the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    We need a little affiliate marketing cribs threads, pics or video.
    I'd have to do some major housecleaning!

X

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have a Hon corner unit in a finished half basement. Its also the family room with the kids computer and the entertainment center. I have a window it only works as a skylight. I put on headphones when I work at home so the kids TV doesn't distract me.

Somewhere between the living room and the dinning room.

I've got my Macbook Pro set up on the coffee table in the living room, pulled up to the couch. I have a home office, but until my 2-year-old starts going to school, I prefer to work in the living room. Maybe after I clean up a little I'll take a picture
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

My dad is a polygraph examiner here in Tampa and has a small office with three desks. I "rent" one of the desks and work 9-5. Then I come back to the house and set up my laptop in my blue recliner, sometimes until 2 am.

I am lucky - - -I work from a really great office in the heart of Kansas City, two blocks from the Sprint Center, with some really awesome guys, or on the days I don't want to go in, I work from my home, which means I am typically on my screen patio with my laptop....

I work from my laptop in the dining room that has a great view of the living room. I can get a good view of the kids there if they are watching TV or playing.

Of course all of this is changing this week - now that we are back from vacation the kids are going to be gone during the day (one to day camp and the other to pre-school/daycare). That means I will be in my upstairs office with my dual screen setup, a 5 foot dry erase board, and my laminated (EZ erase) USA wall maps for easy monitoring of geo-targeting campaigns.

Ahhh yes, that is the life. I have never worked an entire day in my office since our first kid was born 5+ years ago. Hello productivity, bye-bye interruptions! Of course I'll miss them, but I should also notice a nice increase in $$$. Plus I'll be able to get around to a few projects I've had on the back burner for a while.

-sfcom

I sit on my couch with my laptop on my tablemate table, most comfy office ever. In the summer I sit out on the deck next to the pool and pond with the waterfall.

One of the smaller bedrooms in our house has become "Daddy's Office", and I have a laptop docking station plus extra monitor in the family room as well. I do get lots of "interruptions" during the day (especially from our youngest, who's 2 years old), but being a night owl I get lots of quiet time as well. Besides, the kids come first anyway, so the other way of looking at it is that work is what interrupts family time.

We have lots of travel and other activities planned for the summer, so I guess that means I'll be working a lot from my iPhone/Eee or in hotel rooms.

It's so nice to have escaped from cubicle slavery.
    --

More often than not, on the patio. Sometimes on the picnic tables in the harbor, sometimes on the boat. Living in socal does has advantages.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Upstairs, in the living room behind a decent-sized desk. Printer to the right. Behind me is a big window to let the glare in...which serves mostly to reinforce my preference to be on the computer when it's dark out!

I had thought I'd have a good view of the rest of the house from here, but turns out I really have a great view...of the monitor.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I converted the smallest bedroom in our house to an office a few years ago. I have a small room downstairs off the kitchen that is my "shipping room" and it has a laptop, but I still run up the stairs whenever I need a computer. Never could get used to a laptop.

i work from my bedroom...now got a 3 month old baby boy to give me company . I had installed a wireless router so that i can use my laptop and internet anywhere in my house...but when my wife was pregnant i checked with our doctor and he advised me to remove it as the rays may be harmful for the baby.....does anybody know about wireless router rays being harmful for babies...?

I work from a room in my house I call my office I have two windows I look out so I feel like I'm outside. LOL I'm planning on buying a laptop so I can sit outside!!! I need one bad!!!
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast