Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LinkShare Stats Not Showing
    Our reporting has not updated since June 12th. Transactions have reported but the clicks and impressions data is not showing up. Anyone else seeing this?

Hmmm, can't believe I didn't notice that...

Old interface shows less clicks, but more sales... they're out of synch for sure since June 12th. Anyone know when the old system will be "retired"..?

ABW Ambassador
    Same here.

Where is that new President when we need him? After all, he's their CTO.

ABW Ambassador
    Is he the same CTO that's been in charge all these years when reports have been so bad? I don't read their press announcements. They irrirate me too much.

ABW Ambassador

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Old system still showing zero since the 11th

New system is showing sales, but if I show it by day... each day is the same sales

11th is same sales as 12th, which is same sales as 13th, etc

Yep! I contacted LinkShare this morning after seeing the same problems. They seem aware they are "experiencing issues." I'll re-post when I hear back.

Thanks,
    Nicki Hayes

just got this reply from my rep.

It appears that the reports are delayed. There were some issues recently regarding clicks and impressions in reporting. The data is still there on our end, and our technical team is working to resolve this. Once resolved all data will be available to access. As our technical team continues to work on this I will update you with the status. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. In the meantime, please use the Publisher Dashboard Reports or SynergyAnalytics.

In the meantime, please use the Publisher Dashboard Reports or SynergyAnalytics.
    What am I missing here? These aren't working on my end.

Just got off the phone with Support at LS and they are saying reporting should be resolved by tomorrow morning (06-18-2008).

I have just noticed that my monthly sales for last month (a single merchant) (May) are reduced significantly over what I saw only 2 weeks ago, but after contacting the merchant, they told me the invoice is for the correct higher amount. Sure is confusing Linkshare!

ABW Ambassador
    "Confusing" is being very gracious. Ridiculous is more appropriate in my view. And yes, the person who oversees this fun house is the President of the company who doesn't even direct any communication to his userbase whatsoever.

Hey, Mr. President, we run businesses here, just like you do. How would you like it if your Accounting Dept. just disappeared with all of your company's statistics????

ABW Ambassador
    Don't worry Snowman, I bet they're working on another great interface, for more useless stats, while we still wonder just how many sales we've had.

I just can't believe the consistently lousy job that this IT dept continually produces.

Angry LinkShare Lost Sales
    I use a special report tracking that tells me what links on my site have been getting clicks, and they don't match LinkShare reports.

I think LINKSHARE LOST SALES, which is why they are not reporting them. They wouldn't admit it because they know that we will then work with cj and share a sale merchants. I think I'm starting to rethink my partnership with LinkShare.

On the merchant side, we are seeing sales come in still and now the click and impressions are showing up again. However, the clicks/impressions from June 12-15 have still not shown up.

Quote Originally Posted by shopsat24seven
    On the merchant side, we are seeing sales come in still and now the click and impressions are showing up again. However, the clicks/impressions from June 12-15 have still not shown up.
    Clicks and impressions from 6/10-6/12 were loaded yesterday, 6/13 should be almost done loading, and I expect 6/14-6/15 to be finished by this evening.

About the sales reports, we've made a short term configuration change so that the reports run accurately -- unfortunately, the data is coming off a fairly loaded database, so they'll run (much) more slowly. We're working now to rebuild the reporting database. By next week that database should be back in service and reporting should be performing as it did earlier this year.

We're deeply sorry about all the trouble these problems have caused you. Though we've been quiet about it, the team has been hard at work, and we thank you for your patience.

How long is the delay from reality to Linkshare?
    This month I am really seeing some static reports. I see traffic in my system to indicate that a certain merchant's site is being visited through my websites quite a few times over the past 2 weeks. The clicks are not showing up on my Linkshare stats for that particular merchant.

Also, sales figures for one of my best programs are not updating, and after contacting the affiliate manager on the merchant side, he indicates that the amount of sales is actually much higher than what Linkshare is showing, and he recommended I contact support.

Support is defensive and claims the figures are accurate, but then (heehee) the numbers came up to the level the affiliate manager told me but it took several days.

Now I know absolutely that these figures I am looking at tonight are well behind reality, so I want to ask the Linkshare REP ...

How long does it really take to update the numbers? The numbers I am seeing are not correct.

I also did a test and went in to a remote computer at a friend's office and I did some searches, and I clicked on my merchants links a few times. I have done this several times over the past 2 weeks.

That merchant is not showing up in tonight's Linkshare stats at all. ZERO

So I have very little confidence in the new system so far. I wonder if it updates accurately at any time?

stats seem fine for us, maybe a merchant specific problem.

Something is odd with my stats as well. I do very, very well (for ME)with one particular merchant and up through the 20th, I had virtually daily sales with them. Since then, NOTHING. I am not seeing clicks either and I am finding it hard to believe that there are none. In fact, my click through count didn't seem to change for almost a week.

One day last week, I did an individual item report and like the poster above mentioned, it showed a LOT more sales(actually about 3x as much) than what I am seeing. When I ran the same report later in the day, it was back to what I'm seeing now. I also took note on the report with the extra sales that they were not just listing duplicate items. They were showing on different days and different amounts and items.

(Yes, I know I need to contact Linkshare, but this has been driving me crazy, so if there is anyone else out there with the same problem maybe they'll know there not alone. And besides, it felt good to vent a little. )

I'm not a giant affiliate, but I'm looking at about a 1/3 of the commissions I normally see for the month while my commissions with other networks is the same or higher than normal.

I do have definate traffic to one of my Linkshare merchant sites that are not showing up at all. Frankly the new reporting system is really not as good as the old one was at least as far as presentation and usability go, but I will somehow get used to it.

This other merchant should be showing up with some clicks, but it is not at all. I did some clicks myself just to make sure, and I see every day that people are visiting the pages where I advertise ONLY that merchant's products. It is impossible that no clicks have happened over the past few weeks. It is just missing from the listings when I login.

What the heck, I am old and maybe that is the problem. However, last month the clicks were showing up for that merchant and the sales were too. Very strange indeed.

What is wrong with Linkshare stats? It is Aug 5th
    I seek enlightenment on this new fangled Linkshare reporting thing.

It is now August 5th and the Linkshare reporting is showing ZERO click throughs, but I have tons of traffic to my pages with Linkshare offers.

No sales yet? I don't believe it for one minute. I may be old, but I have done this for a long time and I know I have some sales in the first 5 days.

ZERO ZERO ZERO is all the report says.

This thing is not working!

i have the impression that number of click data is not accurate too

There is definitely something up with the stats at the moment. I keep getting bounced out when I try to log in.

I'd love to tell you to contact linkshare; but I don't know any real actual people who work at Linkshare who might give the inside scoop...try the support desk:

http://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/a.../support.shtml

Hope this helps.

It's soooo frustrating, having to check 3 different places.

I get bounced out of the old interface. The new interface has transactions up to 8/3/2008 5:20. So essentially nothing from Sunday and Monday yet. Then I go back to the old interface and try synergy analytics, the same transactions are there but the time stamps are different - 5:20 shows as 15:02. Same transactions though.

Arrgh.

I just received an email from one of my affiliate managers and he says I have clicks to the site since 8/1 and he gave me a definate number, but again when I login to Linkshare, there are no clicks at all being displayed.

I am assuming the system will catch up with itself at some future date, and even though they always pay late, they always pay me eventually so I guess there is really nothing to worry about (gulp, I hope).

I contacted Linkshare support last month about some of this stuff, but they only have the spin, not the real story, and are of no help at all. Wish I knew someone there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast